Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

LaSerena is essentially a random Runabout at this stage and doesn’t need explanation.

Wonder is Rios still on LaSerena as the EMH or should I say E*H, that would be an easy way to bring him back if they were so inclined!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭squonk

I don’t know. I’d be on board with a Titan show but with Capt Shaw. I like the current setup with LaForge Jr and maybe Picard Jr but I’d rather as much of an independent she as possible. I was thinking earlier today that at jest back in 87 they went ahead with TNG with a crew completely independent of TOS. Just do that again and stop trying to tie everything back to recognise characters. It ruined Disco. Just move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭corkie

@squonk they went ahead with TNG with a crew completely independent of TOS. Just do that again and stop trying to tie everything back to recognise characters. It ruined Disco. Just move on.

There has been a tradition of passing the torch, to newer shows.

The very first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, "Encounter at Farpoint" featured a cameo by DeForest Kelley as Admiral Leonard McCoy. This appearance established a tradition of handover appearances from one Trek show to another.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Apparently there's some major unexpected cameo for episode 7 as well, much like with 5, so stay away from any spoilers and early discussion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly I found the internet has become totally shít these days for spoilers. The statute of limitations has all but disappeared and outlets appear to headline spoiler details now as policy. It's rare something will live with its secrets intact - usually only if something's too small to cause a footpeint. Maybe there was some realisation angry readers engaging was still engagement worth cultivating.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,605 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Seems to be a lot of boasting when it comes to spoilers. A kind of "look what I know" pretend exclusive.

You get it too with YouTube people who throw out a million crazy theories and then go on forever when the stopped clock is right once.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh I wonder who that could be? Can't wait to see.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All Eyes On Rafah

Neelix, it's Neelix isn't it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

Captain Maxwell is coming back and will be completely vindicated for his action during the Wounded.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I'm gonna go old skool and say Charlie Evans!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

My bets on Kira - makes sense with changelings

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I am going with Sisko. That would be great. Makes perfect sense with changelings about.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I was initially thinking Kira, but then I thought what about a character like Barkley? He bridges both the TNG and VOY sides, is very technically involved, and in the Voyager finale seemed to have himself in a pretty decent place lecturing at the academy, and he was teaching about the Borg as well so that may tie in to Picards body being robbed (kidnapped?). Probably not, but could be a fun call back, even if I almost always hated the character, though he did improve in Voyager somewhat.

Speech by Admiral Archer in Frontier Day?

Reanimated Zombie Kirk by Project Phoenix takes command of Enterprise A to help the Titan.

Admiral Janeway doing Janeway stuff

All Eyes On Rafah

Given how involved 7 is I can't see Janeway

They say that they've patched things up but that was some real bad blood

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Saw speculation it would be a Jeffrey Combs character (most likely Weyoun given the changeling connection) based on a silhouette image of the character which lined up exactly with an interview shot of Combs.

Post edited by Stark on

Post edited by fritzelly on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Why, its not a spoiler, its speculation.

Every other fecker in TNG canon history has turned up, why not Weyoun?

Next week Gul Dukat and Harry Kim serve Jameson at a holodeck recreation of the Hotel Royale.

As for Kate Mulgrew and Jeri Ryan, I'm fully expecting Janeway to appear in person by the last episode. Mulgrew is still active in ST, doing voice artist work of the Janeway character in gaming and what not.

And in the long time since Voyager, Mulgrew has spoken in detail about how the hostility between her and Ryan was all on her, because of her push back against Ryan's character being brought in to raise ratings and her being even more pissed off when it worked.

So I'd be hopeful of a reunion, of sorts, even if its over the sub-space Zoom call.

And poof! But someone else spoilered it so losing battle

• Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Spoiler alert, more Voyager characters turn up this week.

**** **** **** dick bugger ass and hole of YouTube.

Mouse literally just lands on a video and the stupid preview 2nd frame is the **** character writ large

Absolute langers had to actually select the preview material then had tha audacity to have "Spoiler" in the title. I wasn't planning on clicking on your poxy little channel anyway, the mouse just moved over the thumnail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Not a bad idea. I like the idea of a series where the Captain is more “asshole than charm”.

Not with Jack though - I like the character but as you say they can’t keep connecting things to the past.

Although limited series, TV movies, etc. with changing characters and actors could be the way to go except with Strange New Worlds. That is fine the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I know no one here is privy to the details of actors contracts and a agent negotiations but some might be familiar with how these things generally work…

Why are Frakes and the rest of the TNG actors being billed as “special guests stars” and not series regulars.

I swear like a docker but I was very disappointed that f* ** showed up in Discovery and then Picard Season 1 - but to have Picard drop the f-bomb is nonsense.

He doesn’t talk like that.

From Wikipedia

"The title special guest star is typically used in television for a celebrity guest, but it is also occasionally used for a regular cast member"

my guess is them not being in all 3 seasons makes them not regular stars.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So I don't think I'll watch this, just don't have the time to invest in something I might only partially enjoy. So been watching the RLM videos cos Mike and Rich slowly dying inside is its own entertainment. Vicariously then I've caught up with the major plot points - and yeah, it sounds like it's still bollix, just more coherent bollix?

I do love "Boom Boom Soong", and this accidentally catchy autotuned track spawned from it lol

Advertisement