Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

And the Romulan Empire symbol looks slightly different and red.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I thought the same Slydice - a Romulan captured Borg Cube, no less. It also looks like there are splinter factions on Romulans, a bit like in STO - the guy telling Picard to be "the Captain they remember" is a Romulan too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just copped Orla Brady on my 15 viewing of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Slydice wrote: »
    :eek:

485786.jpg

I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube!

Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!

What language is that next to it though? It looks like Romulan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

So who has the base 4 counting system?

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    I thought the same Slydice - a Romulan captured Borg Cube, no less. It also looks like there are splinter factions on Romulans, a bit like in STO - the guy telling Picard to be "the Captain they remember you to be" is a Romulan too...

And in STO it was the remenant of the Tal Shiar which had captured a borg vessel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Jonathan Del Arco was also on the SDCC panel, and confirmed to be on the show.

That's Hugh from I, Borg and Decent :)

That new ship bridge seems weird. Very long and couple levels? Cargo / smuggler ship?

That new ship bridge seems weird. Very long and couple levels? Cargo / smuggler ship?

Looks very much like it- a working civilian ship of some kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Evade wrote: »
    I think it's just the fact that Brent Spiner is 70.

nope ! I refuse to believe..... he is a young 35 max !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

nope ! I refuse to believe..... he is a young 35 max !
    He was older than that in Encounter at Farpoint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Slydice wrote: »
    :eek:

485786.jpg

I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube!

Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!

Guard looks human? It's make sense in one respect, the federation would want to restore the assimilated, especially with 7of9 showing it could be done. So am guessing the FX shot is the same location - I did see blue lights rather than the uniform green - so I'm guessing the Fed captured a cube and are perhaps de-borging folk sector by sector?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Saw it recently somewhere that o brien is literally the only true or positive depiction of Irish people in any form.
    Very true if you think about it.
    Not sure how an o brien series would work though.

Leave it to Chief O Brien comedy series eh no thanks

Episode 1. His son starts an interstellar soul band.

Ep. 2. His daughter gets knocked up by Quark.

Ep. 3. O’Brien and Basheer buy a chipper.

Sounds great to me

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Could she be a relative of Tasha or Sela something?

When I saw Seven I nearly jumped out of my seat!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Oh man that looks amazing.

O'Brien could make an appearance the new series they are making Lower Decks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Data still calls him Captain. Must have got his memory into B4.

I wonder is the Data scene in a Holodeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That looks Awesome.

I know some here think its a long wait till 2020 but its not really. Just keep yourself busy and time will fly by. I actually think its a good thing as the more people that see this the more people will be interested in it and want to watch the series itself. I think both old and new trekkies will watch this.

7 of 9 was definitely a surprise I must say. I did believe when someone posted at first that she would be in it and the Borg as well as Data, Riker and Dianna.

I have watched the trailer 4 times already lol

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just saw that trailer pop up on my YouTube feed.

That looks great. I just hope they don't screw this up because that trailer feels "right".

Add in the Top Gun 2/Maverick trailer yesterday as well and it's been a very good weekend for unexpected sequels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SwordsRunner

This looks brilliant. So glad after the utter steaming turd that was Discovery.

Did Shinzon have kids?

Maybe some kind of father-daughter thing going on :P

I really hope Worf is Captain of the Enterprise-E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

So I wonder who the girl is....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Going by the snippets of dialogue, there's obviously something of galactic importance about the girl. Did we see her teleport on her own? It overlapped with Picard's "what I saw of her..." speech. Like I said, it's the one part of the trailer I'm not onboard with. It's Abrams era McGuffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

This looks brilliant. So glad after the utter steaming turd that was Discovery.

Someone didn't watch season 2

That is a real possible. Brings up why do we see a dismembered Sung andriod. Could it be part of a larger holodeck program? 'The story of Data' or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Really glad to see the Borg back, there were so many great things they could of done with them. Best ever enemy to be in Star Trek I think. Imagine a whole series dealing with a storyline on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SwordsRunner

vargoo wrote: »
    Ah, I just grew tired of the turgid writing, leaden characterisation and lens flare.

Smiles35 wrote: »
    That is a real possible. Brings up why do we see a dismembered Sung andriod. Could it be part of a larger holodeck program? 'The story of Data' or something.

It was always hinted that B4 would gain Data's memories at the end of Nemesis. So I assume they have fully integrated into B4. But why was he taken apart and put into storage is the key.

• Advertisement

Pulled myself through S1....tried and tried to watch Season 2 and gave up and went to that other trek series. The Orville :) which I became hooked on. Vision and style reminds me of the glory trek days of the 90's.

I was really hoping the Admiral was gonna be Nechayev :P

Yeah, I'm thinking it's something like that. The delivery of the line "I don't want the game to end" – while literally playing a game of cards – seemed to me like Picard want's this fantasy (holodeck chat with his old friend) to continue.

But sure who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Season 2 was no better, especially the ending.

But this however, looks like exactly what they should have done from the start.. No more bloody prequels or reboots.

Could it be Lal? :)

She was disassembled right? Not destroyed or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

It was always hinted that B4 would gain Data's memories at the end of Nemesis. So I assume they have fully integrated into B4. But why was he taken apart and put into storage is the key.

Nah, it's Data. There is no way that they would use an obscure character that only fans would know about.

Could that be the remains of Data from the wreck of the Scimitar?

The holodeck idea makes sense in context too...

I have a suspicion that Data is dead, as in properly dead. As in Countdown isn’t canon, B4 thing didn’t come off. Story-wise, it would give Picard some demons to wrestle.

The kid is a Soong-type android. But not Lal- she’s dead.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Could it be Lal? :)

She was disassembled right? Not destroyed or anything?

:D
    ''Everything inside of me tells me I'm safe with you.'' is a very Lal thing to say. That's too funny though. Lal going after the Romulans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

So looking forward to this, glad Brent Spiner is doing some role in it.

Lads isnt it great we are all excited by that and our memorys from atleast my childhood, my dad just sent me his first ever .gif (OMG) after i sent the trailer to him.

• Advertisement

Lads isnt it great we are all excited by that and our memorys from atleast my childhood, my dad just sent me his first ever .gif (OMG) after i sent the trailer to him.

TNG was my series, while i love all the series this one will always have a special place in my heart.

So to see it being extended a little bit more especially after how the last film ended is great.

It also goes without saying the Sir Patrick is an absolute gent, even though his lack of aging freaks me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Smiles35 wrote: »

I dunno, it looks to me like a damage android, so my thought was they managed to salvage data? Unlikely considering how he went out, but there did seem to be scortch marks on the torso

I dunno, it looks to me like a damage android, so my thought was they managed to salvage data? Unlikely considering how he went out, but there did seem to be scortch marks on the torso

If you read the books, they actually did salvage him or he transcended beyond his physical body. Could be something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Calhoun wrote: »
    If you read the books, they actually did salvage him or he transcended beyond his physical body. Could be something like that.

To be honest I treat the books as their own thing. Though taking on elements of the Titan mightn't be a bad idea.

I see that they're also using the com badges from Best of Both Worlds!

Calhoun wrote: »

I wouldn’t get too attached to the books, comics or anything that hasn’t been on screen... only screen is canon.

I see that they're also using the com badges from Best of Both Worlds!

Are they?

I wouldn’t get too attached to the books, comics or anything that hasn’t been on screen... only screen is canon.

Of course not, i was just using it as an example. The books are great but always look at them as an extension rather than being primary cannon.

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Seize_the_Fire

There is actually a book which details some of what is discussed in the thread. About memory transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Looks great.

Up until now it looked like we were getting a Picard and his dog winery program.

Now, I would have watched that, of course, but this looks better.

Looks great.

Up until now it looked like we were getting a Picard and his dog winery program.

Now, I would have watched that, of course, but this looks better.

Id still watch that, just after gardeners world

• Advertisement

Ignore that link above memory Beta was referring to a year and not a individual book. I'm looking into it now as I'm actually going to buy the books when I can figure it out.

Advertisement