Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Slydice wrote: »
    Ah I dunno. I can see a Captain Worf. Although I remember an Klingon Govenor Worf. Hard to see him turn on the Federation if it's in a Cold War with the Romulans. We'll know more as the info comes out.
    I don't really want to see anymore, be no point watching it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The SDCC panel (only a couple mins into it myself):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

great to 7 of 9...very unexpected
    does Datas face look a bit funny ?

I thought at first it was just the CGI de-aging but the mouth looks completely weird, way too small for his face. Reminds me of https://quizzes.clickhole.com/can-you-suggest-a-good-haircut-for-men-with-small-mouth-1825124919

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

The E would be about 27 years old now and unless it's been destroyed for no particular reason, should still be around.

I'd say it will still be around as the Sovereign was a brand new class of starship. Unless it's been destroyed as you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Slydice wrote: »
    J was in Enterprise and was Donkeys years into the future:
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-J)

Yeah the Enterprise J is near the end of the 26th century fighting the Sphere builders at the Battle of Procyon V.

Although the size of it, crew compliment, is unknown. Some crazy theories out there about it!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Just seeing the trailer now and its amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Goodshape wrote: »
    The SDCC panel (only a couple mins into it myself):

Enjoyed that. :)

I get the feeling there'll be people upset about the show not being like The Next Generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I too think the Data scene(s) will either be an holodeck program, or even Picard's own interior "escapes". That said, it WAS inferred at the end of Nemesis that Data had transferred at least part of his memories into B4, so the idea he could be "around" in a form or another (say, a hologram a-la-EMH) is not entirely unfeasible.

The "self transporting" person is one of the guys the girl fights off, maybe inferring the use of advanced Borg tech (I think Hugh was capable of that). I do think the girl herself might be some ultra-advanced Borg hybrid / experiment. As it's been mentioned, the Tal Shiar adapting Borg tech for their own use is something that's been part of the Star Trek Online storyline and, while the game is considered "soft-canon" (as in, approved by CBS but not necessarily a continuation of the story), they might have taken an idea or two out of it.

Riker...should easily be a 4-stars Admiral by now, heck maybe head of Starfleet event as he was basically considered one of, if not the best officer in Starfleet all the way through the TNG series/movies; It was mentioned multiple times he could have had his own ship at any moment, but opted to stay as XO on the Enterprise for as long as he could.

It'd be great to see the EMH make a cameo or even...a new EMH based off Bashir :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, don't we see Picard standing over the parts of (presumably) BE? Seems like for whatever reason he's not fully functional, so maybe Picard and the android were just sharing some allotted personal time - maybe on the eve before Picard ships out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The defiant was a cool lookin ship. Could handle itself in a scrap too

Though little ship you mean.
    Remember that episode where he bit Councilor Troi and vomited face acid on the doctor ? Worf definitely has a dark side....

He was de-evolving as a virus had made all the crew de-evolve into something from an earlier time on there planet.It was not Worf it was a de-evolved Worf.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I see no reason why Riker should be an Admiral. He'd only be a couple of years older now than Picard was when he took command of the Enterprise. He spent years as Picard's first officer when he could have had his own ship, so moving up the ranks as fast as possible was not a big priority for him. His goal as he repeatedly stated was to command the Enterprise. Also according to Picard, the revelations about Pegasus put a major black mark on Riker's record.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I see no reason why Riker should be an Admiral. He'd only be a couple of years older now than Picard was when he took command of the Enterprise. He spent years as Picard's first officer when he could have had his own ship, so moving up the ranks as fast as possible was not a big priority for him. His goal as he repeatedly stated was to command the Enterprise. Also according to Picard, the revelations about Pegasus put a major black mark on Riker's record.

Huge loss of life during the dominion war. Lots of command officers lost etc. Even though he wasn't a cpatian long if I remember my titan book timelines, he was still pretty experienced. He could have been reassigned.

It was hushed up by stardleet intelligence, but I think by the end of the ep everyone knew he did it cos he was green rather than a bad person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

AMKC wrote: »
    Though little ship you mean.

He was de-evolving as a virus had made all the crew de-evolve into something from an earlier time on there planet.It was not Worf it was a de-evolved Worf.

https://m.imgur.com/t/worf/CgnvvRs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

He becomes admiral during the Titan books, which are actually very good. And yes I know they are not canon, but there is a lot in the books that generally works as background detail. How Data comes back, Worf rejoining Ent as 1st officer etc
    The "self transporting" person is one of the guys the girl fights off,
    looks like a safety type device to me, the building / his suits sensorscan see he is about to fall to his death and activates an emergency transport to safety?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    I too think the Data scene(s) will either be an holodeck program, or even Picard's own interior "escapes". That said, it WAS inferred at the end of Nemesis that Data had transferred at least part of his memories into B4, so the idea he could be "around" in a form or another (say, a hologram a-la-EMH) is not entirely unfeasible.

I tend to agree, I get a strange feeling watching that scene in the trailer that the conversation between Picard and Data is very disconnected or something, as in, not very 'real'. I'm guessing holodeck at this stage. I think the dismantled android shown in the trailer is either B4, or Lor.

Data transferring his essence into B4 for me was a rehash of STII/III's Katra plot. If there were to have been more TNG films, I reckon Data would have had a comeback plot. Possibly being 'fused' with B4, so not 100% Data, but mostly (given B4 was largely 'sub-optimal').

As for the Borg, it's clear enough in the trailer the Romulans, or the Tal Shiar, or some Romulan faction, has come across a disabled Cube, and have been experimenting. They've gone 5843 days 'without an assimilation', possibly indicating they've been trying to develop a defense against assimilation, or to weaponize it somehow.

The girl is referred to in the trailer as the 'end of all, she's the destroyer', so I don't think she's Lal as has been postulated. I'd say she's some kind of next-gen Borg, possibly a sleeper agent, created by the the experiments on the Cube. As to how she ties to Picard, who knows, but we know he doesn't 'know her', and only claims that she's in danger if she is who he thinks she is. We hear it spoken in the trailer that "she has no idea what she truly is",

I'd say the Enterprise E should still be around, though she'd be old by now, not exactly flagship material. She could have been decommissioned, and have been replaced by the F, with Riker in command. Riker only became Captain at the end of Nemesis...consider how long Picard held the rank of Captain, from the Stargazer days, right the way until post-Nemesis...so I don't think the writers should have to force Riker into Admiralty.

I mentioned it before but I really really hope that they don't go down the road of overwriting B4 with Data.

Star Trek sending a message that people with learning difficultues ('sub-optimal') can be used as disposable and Data's right to life takes priority over B4?

Now if they go down the Katra route and B4 is holding the essence of Data and they repair Lore's body to take it?
    Not so bad

I mentioned it before but I really really hope that they don't go down the road of overwriting B4 with Data.

Star Trek sending a message that people with learning difficultues ('sub-optimal') can be used as disposable and Data's right to life takes priority over B4?

Now if they go down the Katra route and B4 is holding the essence of Data and they repair Lore's body to take it?
    Not so bad

Well it's been a long time since I watched Nemesis, but hadn't Data done this to help develop B4, as in, to extend his abilities and help him reach his full potential? I think the fact that some of Data's traits were later shown in B4 were merely coincidental, and not the cold matter of forcing oneself over another. It was only hinted to viewers, that perhaps Data was still 'in there somewhere', and who knows what subsequent films could have done with that.

I think being able to repair Lor's body, assuming Lor's 'personality' and sense of self was lost beyond fixing, to use for Data's 'consciousness', is a writing possibility. I hope they do, and it's not just a holodeck scene with a recreation of Data, because Data's arc is really incomplete to me, they hinted at more, but the studio not going ahead with further films (understandably), took those possibilities away.

Inviere wrote: »
    Well it's been a long time since I watched Nemesis, but hadn't Data done this to help develop B4, as in, to extend his abilities and help him reach his full potential? I think the fact that some of Data's traits were later shown in B4 were merely coincidental, and not the cold matter of forcing oneself over another. It was only hinted to viewers, that perhaps Data was still 'in there somewhere', and who knows what subsequent films could have done with that.

I think being able to repair Lor's body, assuming Lor's 'personality' and sense of self was lost beyond fixing, to use for Data's 'consciousness', is a writing possibility. I hope they do, and it's not just a holodeck scene with a recreation of Data, because Data's arc is really incomplete to me, they hinted at more, but the studio not going ahead with further films (understandably), took those possibilities away.

In the books he basically becomes Data no?
    I just see Kurtzman not giving a sh1te and following that line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Yep, it's an morally unsatisfactory solution. From a story perspective, it also cheapens Data's sacrifice, and gives Picard no reason to be haunted by the event.

• Advertisement

Not so sure being haunted for 20 years after Data's death and resigning as captain is in keeping with character tbh. As a Starfleet captain he would have had many people die under his command including some close friends and some cases where he was directly responsible. Jack Crusher for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    The "self transporting" person is one of the guys the girl fights off, maybe inferring the use of advanced Borg tech (I think Hugh was capable of that). I do think the girl herself might be some ultra-advanced Borg hybrid / experiment.
    It was One the future Borg from Voyager that could self transport.

I might have missed a bit in the trailer but why do people assume it's self transport and not another member of their team manning a transporter close by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Rawr

Riker only became Captain at the end of Nemesis...consider how long Picard held the rank of Captain, from the Stargazer days, right the way until post-Nemesis...so I don't think the writers should have to force Riker into Admiralty.

Admiral Riker in All Good Things kind of worked for me. It was an interesting juxtaposition to see Riker wield authority over Picard. Also they didn't just make him a run-of-mill admiral. They made him some kind of 4-double-pipped Fleet Admiral with the authority to just "have" his own retro fitted Galaxy Class Battle Cruiser :D

0f1zov9gzlr01.jpg

To have an Admiral Riker as a sort of antagonist who is charged with the job of hunting down Picard and his new friends might be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'm looking forward to all the cameos from the crew same as the next but I'm not looking forward to the encounters Picard has with them. It would be weird if he involved any of them after what they saw him go through.

But what's this? 7 of 9 going for a trip with him too investigating the Borg? They are going to freak each other out surely.

Stark wrote: »
    Not so sure being haunted for 20 years after Data's death and resigning as captain is in keeping with character tbh. As a Starfleet captain he would have had many people die under his command including some close friends and some cases where he was directly responsible. Jack Crusher for instance.

Perhaps not, but the trailer seems to imply it is weighing on him and that's all we have to go on at the moment. Data was also especially unique- essentially a one-person species that went extinct that day to save Picard's life.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like he resigned for that reason. Based on the (quasi-canon) information in the Picard exhibit, he stayed on the Enterprise E for another 2 years after Nemesis, then finally retired another 5 or 6 years after that.

It does look like the destruction of Romulus may have been the trigger for him to retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Good trailer, but jesus Data looked creepy at the end, his contacts are waaaay to strong, can't they use the same type as before ?

Good interview here- the cast chemistry is strong.

Spiner believes the android in the drawer is B4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

What should I watch to catch up on events ?
    I notice there is a Borg there from Discovery ?
    I never watched that show ... Nemisis movie too ? terrible trek movie ... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

TomSweeney wrote: »

Well, it looks like TNG, First Contact, Nemesis, and Voyager will be referenced to some extent.

It's been 20 years though! I doubt they'll make it a hard requirement.
    I notice there is a Borg there from Discovery ?(

No, there were no Borg in Discovery. Not sure which one you're thinking of.

Seven of Nine is from Voyager and Hugh was in a couple of episodes of TNG (I, Borg and Decent).

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I notice there is a Borg there from Discovery ?
    I never watched that show ... Nemisis movie too ? terrible trek movie ... :(

Nobody from Discovery there... the former Borg is from TNG. I doubt you'd need to watch Discovery to catch up, though they may reference it here and there.

Nemesis and the 2009 Star Trek film are the most recent canon stories.

TNG ended around 2370, Nemesis was 2379 and ST2009 depicts some events from 2386 or 2387 as flashbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

It's a good trailer and it seems like they're going for a more action oriented style than TNG (hence the younger crew). But in a weird way I think it would be a better show without Picard. Combining a more action style with a central character whose actor is knocking on 80 years old seems like a mismatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Greyjoy wrote: »
    It's a good trailer and it seems like they're going for a more action oriented style than TNG (hence the younger crew). But in a weird way I think it would be a better show without Picard. Combining a more action style with a central character whose actor is knocking on 80 years old seems like a mismatch.

Without having much more than a trailer and not knowing the story line and how he fits into any of it isn't that a bit early to suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Greyjoy wrote: »

It's probably CBS couldn't handle another slated Trek. They know nobody is going to slag anything with Patrick Stewart in it.

He was alright in Gambit just hanging around giving directions and ''advice'' for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Smiles35 wrote: »
    It's probably CBS couldn't handle another slated Trek. They know nobody is going to slag anything with Patrick Stewart in it.

He was alright in Gambit just hanging around giving directions and ''advice'' for most of it.

Yeah, from the network's point of view having Stewart in it is a completely safe bet. It instantly garners loads of goodwill from the fans. My worry would be in order to convince Stewart to come back they had to give him input in the writer's room and the last time that happened we ended up with Nemesis.

In the books he basically becomes Data no?
    I just see Kurtzman not giving a sh1te and following that line.

Possibly, though I don't consider the books canon. I know some ideas can be lifted from the books at times, but for the most part, I find them awful rubbish.
    Yep, it's an morally unsatisfactory solution. From a story perspective, it also cheapens Data's sacrifice, and gives Picard no reason to be haunted by the event.

It depends though. Again, this wasn't a deliberate act by the crew. Data done this himself to help B4.... I mean, Data didn't know he was about to die. It just had the effect of 'rubbing off' on B4. The whole message for me was, Data was still in there, somewhere, and could have been retrieved somehow. It doesn't cheapen the sacrifice any more than Spock's at the end of TWoK, given it's exactly the same premise...

"Although he recognized B-4's limitations, Data wished to give his brother the opportunity to expand his capabilities, much in the same way that he himself had in years past. To that end, Data willingly copied all of his memories to B-4, hoping that the added experiences would help B-4 to expand beyond his original programming."

Source
    Stark wrote: »

I think a Captain would be able to handle losing people on away missions etc. Data though, Picard played a large part in Data's journey towards humanity. Picard would have felt very close to Data, as if he was family (the notion of family is touted strongly in TNG). Data wasn't just lost either, he sacrificed himself to save Picard, right in front of Picard's eyes. How can losing someone you're that close to, in that manner, not stay with you forever?

We also don't know how long Picard kept going, it's hinted that Picard was possibly a part of a large scale humanitarian expedition to save/help Romulus (the first teaser trailer hints at this), which suggests he was still in Starfleet at least up until the destruction of Romulus.

Smiles35 wrote: »
    It's probably CBS couldn't handle another slated Trek. They know nobody is going to slag anything with Patrick Stewart in it. [/YOUTUBE]

I wouldn't be so sure. Midnight's Edge, MechaRandom and Nerdrotic are already dead set against Picard. Not a single episode will air for at least 6 months and yet they're more than willing to slate it.

It's worth noting that Discovery- which I guess is the Trek you're implying was slated- was also mostly just slated by that same subset of YouTubers. Self-appointed gatekeepers of the canon and "true" Trek.

It's worth noting that Discovery- which I guess is the Trek you're implying was slated- was also mostly just slated by that same subset of YouTubers. Self-appointed gatekeepers of the canon and "true" Trek.
    I don't think that's true. I've never heard of those Youtubers outside of this sub forum and I'm not exactly a fan of STD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Evade wrote: »
    Can I get a show of hands for Captain LaForge?
    Timeless indicated that LaForge would be a Captain nine years before the start of this series. So possibly even admiral LaForge....

People talking about this do seem to forget that 20 years have passed since Nemesis. DS9 & Voyager were both over at that point. Janeway was Admiral. Consider that TNG was only 7/8 years, a LOT can change in 20.
    Goodshape wrote: »
    Well, it looks like TNG, First Contact, Nemesis, and Voyager will be referenced to some extent.
    They will milk the everloving feck out of the nostalgia here. Everyone they can find for a cameo, they will bring them in.

And it makes sense to, because this is the same universe. No reason why you would just pretend that Sisko, or Kim or Barclay weren't around. Or that the events of the previous series weren't huge.

The question is how heavy they'll go on it. Will they load season one with all sorts of throwbacks to the older series in order to cash in, or will they bring people back in a more realistic, organic way. Bringing Seven in when there's anything Borg involved, for example, would make sense. She would be the foremost Federation expert.

But if Tom Paris was to randomly pop up in episode 1 serving behind a bar that Picard goes into....that's just gratuitous.
    I think a Captain would be able to handle losing people on away missions etc. Data though, Picard played a large part in Data's journey towards humanity. Picard would have felt very close to Data, as if he was family (the notion of family is touted strongly in TNG). Data wasn't just lost either, he sacrificed himself to save Picard, right in front of Picard's eyes. How can losing someone you're that close to, in that manner, not stay with you forever?
    Data would have represented a legacy to Picard, in a way. Someone who was going to continue on after Picard died, who could carry on his spirit into the future. Much like a child sacrificing themselves to save a parent, it would be a sense of loss way beyond just the loss of a friend. It would be an immense burden; the potential that was wasted to save your dwindling life.
    We also don't know how long Picard kept going, it's hinted that Picard was possibly a part of a large scale humanitarian expedition to save/help Romulus (the first teaser trailer hints at this), which suggests he was still in Starfleet at least up until the destruction of Romulus.
    I had suggested this earlier, that the failure to save Romulus was his reason for leaving Starfleet.

seamus wrote: »
    Timeless indicated that LaForge would be a Captain nine years before the start of this series. So possibly even admiral LaForge....

That's where I got the idea.

And it makes sense to, because this is the same universe. No reason why you would just pretend that Sisko, or Kim or Barclay weren't around. Or that the events of the previous series weren't huge.

Captain Kim? I'd love a short Trek or something in which after getting back to the AQ one of Harry's classmates has his own ship. Commission to captain in less than 7 years has been shown to be possible.

• Advertisement

I don't think that's true. I've never heard of those Youtubers outside of this sub forum and I'm not exactly a fan of STD.

Well I did say mostly, not exclusively. There are plenty of fans like you with reasonable concerns and also plenty of people who like Discovery who have their gripes as well. But I've noted that the more vitriolic responses are mostly rehashes of the talking points raised by those same few channels, and they are relentless in their negativity.

They're gearing up for more of the same with Picard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thing is, I've heard it said a few times now that 'negative' YouTube channels and videos tend to attract more viewers; I can't recall where this was formally recorded or investigated, but from the conversation I know of at least one content creator who remarked that his most popular videos by far were those in which he ranted & raved about Subject X.

YouTube - especially since its algorithms became lopsided towards 'premium' creators like PewDiePie - is effectively a scrum of bottom feeders and desperation; in that context, those like Midnight's Edge are simply playing the game. They know that in spewing negativity they'll drive more traffic towards their channel than the opposite. God knows if they even believe half the guff they produce (given how much of it tends to be unsubstantiated projection and waffle, I'd hope not).

pixelburp wrote: »
    God knows if they even believe half the guff they produce (given how much of it tends to be unsubstantiated projection and waffle, I'd hope not).

Well, Midnight's Edge in particular have been called out by other channels for the numerous "insider scoops" that haven't panned out, but I almost think it's worse if they push this stuff without believing it. It's just cynical. I'd be happier if they were tinfoil-hat-wearing credulous idiots. At least it would mean they were passionate people with souls.

Anyway, they rely on the old defense of framing inflammatory statements as questions so that they can sidestep criticism. Is Alex Kurtzman out? (Nope) Is Season 3 of Discovery cancelled!? (Also, nope) Were the pre-screening tests for Picard a disaster!?! (Maybe, but if so isn't it odd that nobody from the test audience has leaked anything at all about the plot of the test pilot?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Don't know about La Forget being admiral, if he is anything like Scotty he might not like being out of engineering.

However I don't care either way, just having Levar in it will be excellent he is a really lovely guy.

Anyway, they rely on the old defense of framing inflammatory statements as questions so that they can sidestep criticism. Is Alex Kurtzman out? (Nope) Is Season 3 of Discovery cancelled!? (Also, nope) Were the pre-screening tests for Picard a disaster!?! (Maybe, but if so isn't it odd that nobody from the test audience has leaked anything at all about the plot of the test pilot?).

Ah yes. Betteridge's law of headlines if you want to give it a name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge%27s_law_of_headlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's where I got the idea.

Captain Kim? I'd love a short Trek or something in which after getting back to the AQ one of Harry's classmates has his own ship. Commission to captain in less than 7 years has been shown to be possible.

I hope there is no short treks for this. They are a gimmick. I don't like them. Let Discovery keep the short treks.
    Would much prefer they spend the budget they have on the show and not waste it on silly short treks.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

AMKC wrote: »
    I hope there is no short treks for this. They are a gimmick. I don't like them. Let Discovery keep the short treks.
    Would much prefer they spend the budget they have on the show and not waste it on silly short treks.

Just one of them (final) will be a teaser for 'ST: Picard'
    https://deadline.com/2019/07/star-trek-short-treks-comic-con-cbs-all-access-alex-kurtzman-picard-spock-pike-tribbles-1202649733/

Data would have represented a legacy to Picard, in a way. Someone who was going to continue on after Picard died, who could carry on his spirit into the future. Much like a child sacrificing themselves to save a parent, it would be a sense of loss way beyond just the loss of a friend. It would be an immense burden; the potential that was wasted to save your dwindling life.

Nicely put, sits very well with what we know of Picard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I just realized that other guy on the comic con panel was the dude who played hugh the borg. Dunno how I missed that first time.

I just realized that other guy on the comic con panel was the dude who played hugh the borg. Dunno how I missed that first time.

I'd say there was a lot of phone Googling in Hall H when he came out first.

It's really great to see him back, but very few would have known his name without explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Ah I dont know....I was looking forward to this but after watching the trailer I think maybe it was best to leave Picard in his prime on the enterprise.....he just looks frail or something

• Advertisement
Advertisement