Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

Ex Astris Altis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Watched it having remembered the the original ST.

Really enjoyed it. Need to watch it again but looks very promising...and we even get a Cube :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Stark wrote: »
    Trump must have enjoyed it anyway https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1220821545746141187?s=09 . Less identity politics than Discovery I hear.

so why mmxix ?

is that nor 2019 ? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Rawr

so why mmxix ?

Roman numerals can make silly ideas look classy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Rawr wrote: »
    Roman numerals can make silly ideas look classy :D

Part of the air force eh? I know the logo looks very similar to the Starfleet Command one, but I'd be looking out for pyramid shapes in the sky and light shows myself :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

BornIn84 wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised after hearing rumors. I know its only episode 1 but it has a lot of potential. The cinematography was great and the overall style i liked. Although, the dialogue was a bit clunky in places .
    Thankfully i didn't find it too "woke" at all. And being someone who despises Star Trek Discovery, i felt that this actually felt a lot more trek.
    Have to agree, really enjoyed it - but still doesn't feel like Trek ... it's too new and clean and I'm used to dated TNG episodes :D

as for the "woke" thing ... well , I wouldn't be too sure, seems all the powerful characters and lead scientists are women - fair enough, but you can just see the casting crew saying that they HAVE TO BE women ...

lets see next eps...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

So if worf guest stars will he look like he always has or those freaks from discovery?

so why mmxix ?

It was created in 2019

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Part of the air force eh? I know the logo looks very similar to the Starfleet Command one, but I'd be looking out for pyramid shapes in the sky and light shows myself :p
    It's very similar to the Air Force Space Command insignia which is what the Space Force is repplacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    So if worf guest stars will he look like he always has or those freaks from discovery?

was there something that there will be no Klingons in this?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Evade wrote: »
    It was created in 2019

I know....I was referring to its timing of its release.
    Typical attention seeking trump though

• Advertisement

I know....I was referring to its timing of its release.
    Typical attention seeking trump though
    I doubt it had anything to do with Star Trek.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The whole "Space Force" thing is so absurd; just smells of a hasty quango set up to placate Trump's noted boisterous, blowhard style. Ala those showy tenders to "build the wall". I suspect whoever comes after will quietly mothball the department.

What do you think the Space Force is? It's just the old Air Force Space Command split into it's own entity. It's not exactly unprecedented for the US to have departments with overlapping duties either. They have an army and a marine corps, a coast guard and a navy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Minime2.5 wrote: »

It’s been confirmed that *if* Worf was to make an appearance, he would look like TNG Worf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It’s been confirmed that *if* Worf was to make an appearance, he would look like TNG Worf.

He was in it briefly last night, at least a photo of him beside Picard .. would be mad if he looked like those monstrosities from discovery

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The Discovery Klingons look like the flat faced scarrans from Farscape to me

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

A Romulan with an Irish accent? wtf
    Why does Picard act and sound like he's in a Werhters Original commercial?
    Why doesn't he go back to back to Rana 4 and seek help from Kevin Uxbridge?
    Will Maddox make an appearance? I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Lotta European Romulans around these days Burty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,911 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

FutureGuy wrote: »

Good to hear and see that. I don,t know what they are in Discovey but they most certainly are not Klingon. Not only do they not look Klingon they do not act Klingon either. Klingons keeping bodies, Don't think so.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tromtipp

The ones in Discovery are post-viral Klingons who have gone overboard on cosmetic surgery, as predicted in Enterprise. TOS Klingons were post-viral Klingons letting nature take its course. Worf-era Klingons are the real deal, with the original genome reasserting itself.

IMH(bc)O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

tromtipp wrote: »
    The ones in Discovery are post-viral Klingons who have gone overboard on cosmetic surgery, as predicted in Enterprise. TOS Klingons were post-viral Klingons letting nature take its course. Worf-era Klingons are the real deal, with the original genome reasserting itself.

IMH(bc)O

This does makes sense

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

IMH(bc)O

Good explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tromtipp

Apart from anything else it lets me believe that those claws on the Discovery Klingons are a nonsense, and continue to enjoy the contrast between Worf's ridgy toughness and his having the most beautiful hands on Star Trek (Spock and B'Lanna tied for a close second place). B'Lanna herself being half Klingon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Remember Worf in the devolved episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Look-the Episode warned the cockles of my heart.
    Great to see Jean Luc back again. Of course his voice is different-he is 79.
    Enjoying it.
    Not sure why Seven of 9 is brought into it? Is it for the horny make demographic?!

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Not sure why Seven of 9 is brought into it? Is it for the horny make demographic?!
    She's probably Starfleet's best source of Borg info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Look-the Episode warned the cockles of my heart.
    Great to see Jean Luc back again. Of course his voice is different-he is 79.
    Enjoying it.

you make that sound like a bad thing :pac: , Star Trek has always had glamorous actresses except for discovery I guess and if they find a reason to time travel Jadzia Dax forward for some reason, i'd be ok with that

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Evade wrote: »
    She's probably Starfleet's best source of Borg info.

Yup. Hugh on the other hand is there to satisfy the horny demographic

silverharp wrote: »
    you make that sound like a bad thing :pac: , Star Trek has always had glamorous actresses except for discovery I guess and if they find a reason to time travel Jadzia Dax forward for some reason, i'd be ok with that

You spelled Ezri wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Burty330 wrote: »
    A Romulan with an Irish accent? wtf
    Why does Picard act and sound like he's in a Werhters Original commercial?
    Why doesn't he go back to back to Rana 4 and seek help from Kevin Uxbridge?
    Will Maddox make an appearance? I hope so.

You liked it, didn't you? It's okay to admit it. We won't judge you.

IMH(bc)O

Or they're on the 'roids, over-compensating for looking human.

I like to imagine the TOS-era Klingons were shunned and generally kept out of sight during Kol's reign. Rehabilitated under L'Rell, but still not widely accepted. So they take the postings on the outer edges of the Empire. Which is of course where ships like Enterprise encountered them.

Advertisement