Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Rawr

And of course I end up hearing that tweet with "Q's" voice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great trailer. Love the luck of it already. Can't wait

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Rawr

AMKC wrote: »

Seems like they're taking the "what if" concept of Tapestry and a built a season out of it. Could be quiet good...assuming they remember to write out and *plan* the ending this time.

A bit disappointed that Doctor "I Murdered Maddox, and the plot forgot about that", is still there. Never liked her. However, maybe Seven can make up for that with a repeated good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

It was a pretty good trailer, but most are nowadays.

Picard's massive combadge made me laugh, it reminded me of those phones with the big keypads that elderly people get.

The symbol/badge Seven had looked familiar but I can't place it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah my first reaction was about that combadge. Thought it looked Klingon in sorts?

A good trailer but "time has been broken" is a tad melodramatic. I'm cautious, but remain eternally optimistic.

It looks a bit like an Idic with a four point version of the Starfleet Star to me.
    556048.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 60,536 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm hoping that as they are filming season 2 & 3 back to back that they actually have and end plan in place for it to finish fully at the end of season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

Is that a ring on Seven's wedding finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Awesome. That looks awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah my first reaction was about that combadge. Thought it looked Klingon in sorts?.

Possibly the Klingons have joined the Federation

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

bookworms wrote: »
    Is that a ring on Seven's wedding finger?

Oh God, what if it's Chakotay...that would be an unwelcome surprise reveal!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

If it is Chakotay they are keeping it well under wraps

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If she was never assimilated, she never met Chakotay. I hope

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 60,536 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe she married Raffi between season 1 and season 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

already recreated the flags

The 5 "new" flags of Vulcan, Feringinar, Bajor, Starfleet, and the Tellarites added to my Logos 1 gallery

https://gazomg-trek-art.blogspot.com/search/label/LOGO%27S%20%231

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

When John De Lancie spoke gave me goosebumps. However the whole time travel shtick is a bit over done but im excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,558 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

John de Lancie's lookin' well in fairness to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well that trailer has me hyped for season 2 - Q has always been a favourite of mine but my god Picard is looking really old

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    John de Lancie's lookin' well in fairness to him!

I expect they will show him young at first, then age him to make Picard feel better or something.

Where's his tradional Q outfit?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Patrick Stewart is 80 after all; IMO he still looks pretty good for that, his voice has cracked a little but that happens. His passing will be one of the few times a celebrity death will genuinely affect me - I'm not looking forward to it :(

I was on record in saying that a truly bold, brave choice would have been to properly lean into that android-body climax and recast Stewart. FAndom would have probably had a collective aneurism but I see-saw on the fence whether I enjoy doddery 'aul Stewart play Picard well past his dotage.

Patrick Stewart is 80 after all; IMO he still looks pretty good for that, his voice has cracked a little but that happens. His passing will be one of the few times a celebrity death will genuinely affect me - I'm not looking forward to it :(

I was on record in saying that a truly bold, brave choice would have been to properly lean into that android-body climax and recast Stewart. FAndom would have probably had a collective aneurism but I see-saw on the fence whether I enjoy doddery 'aul Stewart play Picard well past his dotage.

I'm half expecting Q to go *click* no more android body.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Jesus no, it wouldn't be Picard without Stewart. Having him old is what makes the series, provided the writing is good.

Jesus no, it wouldn't be Picard without Stewart. Having him old is what makes the series, provided the writing is good.

Oh I never said it would be a good idea, just that I'll often respect the brazenness of an insane swing - if not the execution. Like, if the show decided to cast Tom Hardy (again) as young, idealistic and re-energised Picard in an ongoing series of new episodic adventures? I mean, it'd have my attention :pac:

The whole android body thing is such a weird plot point.
    Lets kill Picard but only for few minutes and give him a new special body that fixes what killed him but is otherwise indistinguishable from his previous 94 year old body.
    Imagine if it was Nog and they created an android body with one leg.

Do we still have to cover season one spoilers?

Evade wrote: »
    The whole android body thing is such a weird plot point.
    Lets kill Picard but only for few minutes and give him a new special body that fixes what killed him but is otherwise indistinguishable from his previous 94 year old body.
    Imagine if it was Nog and they created an android body with one leg.

Do we still have to cover season one spoilers?

I suppose as this is the general thread it should stay relatively clean of spoilers I'd say, but as Season 2 may address events from the end of Season 1 it seems difficult to talk of the upcoming season without talking details.

As to the plot point itself? It was a pile of shíte, a cheap move that was almost a carbon copy of the same done in Into Darkness. Feign a "death" for lazy emotional points, then almost intermediately undercut it with a cheat - one that opened up huge ramifications for the universe (not that the "writers" cared)

Ms

Has there been a Blu-Ray of season 1 yet? I would buy it if there is any good extra's but if not then it can stay on the shelfs or in the warehouses and will wait till the series has ended and hope for better.
    I just hope there is no copy and paste ships in this season or the next one like there was at the end of last season

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Has there been a Blu-Ray of season 1 yet? I would buy it if there is any good extra's but if not then it can stay on the shelfs or in the warehouses and will wait till the series has ended and hope for better.
    I just hope there is no copy and paste ships in this season or the next one like there was at the end of last season
    There is a Blu-ray and it does have some extras.
    https://trekmovie.com/2020/10/06/review-star-trek-picard-season-one-on-blu-ray-looks-beautiful-with-just-enough-special-features/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Surely we don't need spoiler tags for series 1 at this stage?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Brian? wrote: »
    Surely we don't need spoiler tags for series 1 at this stage?

Agreed.

Advertisement