Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The cycle of get togethers

• 05-08-2018 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

So I am 40+ now and my family/freind get together thing has moved on to funerals.

So far i have it nailed at:

Teens/early 20s: 21sts
    Early 20s: christenings.
    Mid to late 20s: Weddings
    Late 20s to early 30s: Weddings in far away places
    40s: Funerals

Am I missing something?

Comments

Christenings before weddings? I hope you've written an outraged letter to Len Brennan OP. Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Early 20's: Going away parties.

Someone is always off to Oz or Canada or some such

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I feel lately I have hit over 50% of my life on the earth going by my older relatives deaths, life is very short, only getting to know the ins and outs and you are gone, have no regrets, they don't work, the fella that made no mistakes made nothing.

On a side note I bloody love the Irish funeral, it has it all, I won't admit it in public but I love the booze and celebration of someones life, great stories shared of their faults and qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

You forgot the most depressing one of all.

45+ weddings of your nieces and nephews where you feel ancient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So I am 40+ now and my family/freind get together thing has moved on to funerals.

So far i have it nailed at:

Teens/early 20s: 21sts
    Early 20s: christenings.
    Mid to late 20s: Weddings
    Late 20s to early 30s: Weddings in far away places
    40s: Funerals

Am I missing something?

I dunno, what do you mean nailing it?

Is it funerals for your friends or for parents of friends you know?

If it's the latter, yeah that happens. Folks get old and tear away outta here.

Not sure what you're missing. Apart from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Feckin' cyclists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The next step is looking up death notices every day and turning up to funerals of people you barely even knew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

The next step is looking up death notices every day and turning up to their employers looking for their old jobs.

fixed that for you.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,090 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Your kids / nephew's / nieces weddings.

Advertisement