Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning notices in Sligo Area

Options
  • 05-08-2018 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

just putting this out there - I see there is a thread for 'stores opening up in sligo' but i thought it might be useful to have a section on boards if anyone has seen or heard of planning permission currently being sought for shops/commercial/ business ventures in Sligo or surrounding area that they could post it on here and we can all have good discussion about it. Maybe if there are enough posts/interests then maybe a mod could make it a sticky?

I will start the ball rolling. I was up at Carraroe Retail Park yesterday and saw this planning notice for a Motor Sales Showroom and service Garage building erected 28th June 2018 to include a car showroom and aftersales service , valeting, photo booth, tyre fitting, staff accommodation, parking for 18 customers.

457559.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Should tidy up this area no end. It is going into the field that the circus and funfair use opposite mcdonalds.

From the notices on the council site it is for a Colm Quinn BMW dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

dingding wrote: »
    Should tidy up this area no end. It is going into the field that the circus and funfair use opposite mcdonalds.

From the notices on the council site it is for a Colm Quinn BMW dealership.

it would - be much better than seeing fenced off unused wasteland for most of the year - so 22/08/2018 decision is due , hope no-one in the area (or out of the area come to think of it) don't contest it now

it would - be much better than seeing fenced off unused wasteland for most of the year - so 22/08/2018 decision is due , hope no-one in the area (or out of the area come to think of it) don't contest it now

You can see on the counil site, the local residents have a letter in regarding possible flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Why would they want a photo booth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

sligojoek wrote: »

I presume it's for the cars to take pictures of. A lot of car websites have them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

T-Bird wrote: »
    I presume it's for the cars to take pictures of. A lot of car websites have them now.

Probably more of a studio than a booth. A booth conjures the image of getting passport or licence pics done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Probably more of a studio than a booth. A booth conjures the image of getting passport or licence pics done.

But an amusing mental image of trying to cram a 5-series into one :D

From the the plans it looks like a turn table. Kevin Egan has some thing similar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You can see on the counil site, the local residents have a letter in regarding possible flooding.

Bury Architects from Ballina on behalf of local residents...

• Advertisement

flooding? - what, do they mean the building would be at risk of flooding ... or the area would be at risk of flooding whilst building is going on? - are do they mean there is a risk of flooding in the area if the garage is built?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

flooding? - what, do they mean the building would be at risk of flooding ... or the area would be at risk of flooding whilst building is going on? - are do they mean there is a risk of flooding in the area if the garage is built?

There is a scan of file attached ;)

wonski wrote: »
    There is a scan of file attached ;)

ah right - i found it thanks .

am sure even if it a paved area i would have thought they would have modern designs now for proper drainage .

To me its more like a 'what if?' attitude , be a shame if the venture was shelved / unapproved /turned down just because there could be a risk of more flooding if it was built there

Advertisement