Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weaning help

• 05-08-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else's little one went off their meals at any stage? My girl will be 8 months on Thurs but the last few weeks she has been going off her dinners. Loves her porridge, weetabix, fruit and yoghurt but is having none of her dinner type meals.
    Is it just a phase? I tried her with some scrambled egg this morn and she was having none of it too.
    Don't know whether to keep going with trying her or to just give her what she likes for the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Yes very common I think. My 3 kids all at some stage used to want to eat about 4 breakfasts, small lunch and little or dinner, doesn't really matter as long as it's all healthy food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Breastmilk/formula should be the main source of nutrition until 1 so even if she doesn’t eat any solids for a while she’s not missing out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Absolute phase.Usually related to teeth and will happen on and off for the next few years (and after that they start voicing their likes and dislikes!)keep offering it but just give her extra milk (bottle/breast) if she won't have anything, as long as she's not hungry that's all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep offering. Will just make smaller portions so I'm not wasting as much.
    She loves her bottles still and other stuff that aren't dinners lol.
    But everything I give her is all homemade and healthy. Puree my own fruit etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

andreac wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I'll keep offering. Will just make smaller portions so I'm not wasting as much.
    She loves her bottles still and other stuff that aren't dinners lol.
    But everything I give her is all homemade and healthy. Puree my own fruit etc.

The paradox of small kids (particularly toddlers).You have to offer them things like broccoli etc. ten times over to get them to accept it, but offer them pizza, chips or sausages and they almost always will try them first time and finish them off.
    Little feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

We have had several phases like this and going through one again now. The main thing is to trust that they won’t starve themselves and keep offering good food.

Advertisement