Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Claremorris

Options
  • 05-08-2018 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Ive gone before by going the n4 >m4>Athlone> roscommon>claremorris. It was a hard enough drive after roscommon I thought.

With the new m17 would it be a better option to stay on the m4 until the m17? what's the road like after it reverts back to the n17.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's M6 from Kinnegad to the M17, but yes: if I was going to Claremorris, I'd go that way. It's a pretty decent road all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It's M6 from Kinnegad to the M17, but yes: if I was going to Claremorris, I'd go that way. It's a pretty decent road all the way.

apart from the section after milltown.

irishgeo wrote: »
    apart from the section after milltown.

True, and even that isn't as bad as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Better road, not any faster though and an extra toll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Phil.x wrote: »
    Ive gone before by going the n4 >m4>Athlone> roscommon>claremorris. It was a hard enough drive after roscommon I thought.

With the new m17 would it be a better option to stay on the m4 until the m17? what's the road like after it reverts back to the n17.

Its muck after Roscommon but it'd still be the way I would go to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Its muck after Roscommon but it'd still be the way I would go to be honest.

Me too, Its a little the devil you know.
    Once I toke the motorway to tuam,

I was fierce dazed by the end, its a very boring road.

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Me too, Its a little the devil you know.
    Once I toke the motorway to tuam,

I was fierce dazed by the end, its a very boring road.

Each to their own. I find it boring sitting in long lines of traffic doing 70km/h on narrow roads. In fact, I find myself a lot more alert driving at the speed limit on a motorway than at a slow pace in a convoy.

Advertisement