Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPad Air 2- broken screen

Options
  • 05-08-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Anybody know the best place to repair an iPad Air 2 screen that has glass smashed? I dropped it and the glass is smashed but it still works and I can use it but the broken glass is hurting my fingers. Any cheap place do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

all of those places that replace it are all crap...after a few months the screens start lifting again or the touch doesn't work properly.
    3 times I've had mine replaced in different vendors and all were crap.
    I'd have been better off paying apple the €300 or so to fix it originally.
    I wouldn't waste my money on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Blazer wrote: »
    all of those places that replace it are all crap...after a few months the screens start lifting again or the touch doesn't work properly.
    3 times I've had mine replaced in different vendors and all were crap.
    I'd have been better off paying apple the €300 or so to fix it originally.
    I wouldn't waste my money on them.

Thanks. Are they all bad even though they cost €220? I found a place called e tech in Dundrum and they quoted me €220. Would it be better to pay the bit extra and get it done with Apple?
    It's so annoying I don't know what to do. Could nearly buy a new iPad for that price. Does anyone know if I decided to get it fixed, would it be too late to get it insured with Apple after its fixed? I don't want to be paying a fortune every time it breaks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks. Are they all bad even though they cost €220? I found a place called e tech in Dundrum and they quoted me €220. Would it be better to pay the bit extra and get it done with Apple?
    It's so annoying I don't know what to do. Could nearly buy a new iPad for that price. Does anyone know if I decided to get it fixed, would it be too late to get it insured with Apple after its fixed? I don't want to be paying a fortune every time it breaks

If its less than 12 months old you can take out ApleCare on it, but it won’t cover the damage you have done already. They run a diagnostic on it to make sure it is in good condition before they allow you to buy the APP. As you say probably cheaper to buy a new new iPad now which is €369 for the base model.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

whiterebel wrote: »
    If its less than 12 months old you can take out ApleCare on it, but it won’t cover the damage you have done already. They run a diagnostic on it to make sure it is in good condition before they allow you to buy the APP. As you say probably cheaper to buy a new new iPad now which is €369 for the base model.

Thad’s exactly what I did.
    I have a 128gb iPad Air with a broken screen sitting in a drawer which is a waste.
    So if the iPad Air is only a 16gb or 32gb I would go with getting the new one and putting an otterbox on it. If it’s more maybe replace the screen with Apple.
    The problem with those third party vendors is they only replace the screen. And it’s always a crap quality and they don’t sync up the touch afterwards like Apple do.

Advertisement