Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Image test

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

retarded.png

retarded.png

458165.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,670 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Why 2010 was so good to me:

Started off with a severe cold spell with some heavy snowfalls in January resulting in the coldest conditions in Dublin since 1982. A good few cold, sunny days continuing into February.

March began very frosty but exceptionally sunny too. It became really wet for a time at the end of the month with super dark skies on the 29th and lashing rain (though the stats look unremarkable). This rain became snow on the 30th.

April had a long dry and sunny spell mid-month with perfect feeling temperatures following a notably windy Easter Monday on the 5th. It became frosty for a time in the clear skies around the 20th/21st.

May gradually warmed up with a significant warm spell on the 22nd to 24th. This was perfect timing as it was the weekend and I had set up my inflatable water slide. Temperature was 24c in Dublin (a record high for May here) whilst Ireland got up to 27c on the 23rd. This was with complete blue skies. What a Spring from very sunny conditions and severe frost to this warm spell.

June had plenty of sunshine and pleasant warmth, nothing uncomfortable at all. Lots of lovely days. Unfortunately, I became very sick at the warmest time on the 21st (with 25c in Dublin) when I went to Crumlin hospital.

July was ok. Nothing outstanding with some fine and horrible days. It was an awful month for most of Ireland but for me, it was passable and grand.

August was actually decent here with plenty of high teen temperatures and sunny days. Little rain especially after the 23rd when it became settled with a beautiful spell of weather for back to school week into the start of September.

September was nice. Started off with that lovely back to school week I spoke of then had an exceptionally wet and dark day on the 6th. One of my favourite wet days I've seen. September was largely changeable but with plenty of fine days here and there.

October started off brilliant with what seemed like endless blue skies. The 11th October 2010 remains one of my favourite days in my life. It was blue skies and 18c, absolutely perfect for October. It became cloudier for a time thereafter but soon the sun came back and I had severe frost on the 24th and 25th. In fact, record frost for October before 2018 came and bet it but this frost still stands out to me. The last week had some very dark skies.

November started off meh with a lot of cloud and wet conditions but from the 7th onwards, that changed dramatically with a lot of sunny skies again. The 11th (my 10th birthday) was a really windy day in what was a calm year in 2010. I remember walking down from my school and being carried by that wind. The 23rd onwards became really special to me in particular as things started to cool down so fast with record cold setting in on the 27th November which is when I had my first snow of the season. First of many snow days to come in the early part of Winter 2010-11. All-time November cold temperature records were set for Ireland.

December 2010..... now what do I say about this beauty of a month? Well, I was only in school from the 13th to 15th. I had snowfall on 9 days with snow cover on more than 10 days. It was the coldest December on record. It was the coldest month on record. It was one of the sunniest Decembers on record. It recorded Ireland's all-time lowest December temperature (completely smashed the previous record). It recorded Ireland's all-time lowest maximum temperature for any month. I was only 10 years of age at this time, what a time to be a kid in Ireland! Innocence of childhood I swear man, gets me every time. If only I appreciated it more at the time instead of taking it for granted.

So yeah, 2010.... pretty much the perfect year for me with no month disappointing. Seasons were seasons. Both Winters were cold, Spring got gradually warmer after a cold start ending it with a lovely warm spell, Summer was warm (though August was relatively cool due to cool nights at the end) and Autumn became gradually colder after a warm start ending the season with severe cold continuing into the superb December. I can't put in words how much 2010 means to me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement