Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwaway profiles - are they permitted?

Options
  • 05-08-2018 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

I was under the impression that users could only have one account at a time. Now I see from time to time 'I am a regular but have made a throwaway account/ profile for this'.
    How does that work? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to the Help Desk as this appears to be a question, rather than Feedbaxk.

In general, it is one account only per user.

However, we do occasionally make exceptions if someone wants to post about a sensitive topic and not use their regular account. If they let a mod/CMod/Admin know in advance and only use the second account for that purpose, then there isn’t a problem.

If we find a second account without being notified, then we can take action, up to and including site bans. But each case can be different so it’s not always the same outcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Thanks dudara.

Advertisement