Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flymo Lawnmower Replacement power cord, today?

• 06-08-2018 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all,
    A very long shot, but here goes.
    Flymo 330 Compact. I ran over the cable and need to get a replacement, ideally today.

Woodies used to have it but not anymore.
    Home-base also don't have it.

I reckon I'm out of luck but anyone know a place that have it, open on a bank holiday?

I wouldn't mind but Woodies had it up till very recently however they don't stock it anymore.

Based in Dublin 12.

Frustrated.... Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

B & Q is probably your best bet today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,146 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jleavy046 wrote:
    Frustrated.... Joe

Might be best to move this one Joe to a more appropriate forum, to get a better answer to your problem, or you could leave it here for the crack. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    B & Q is probably your best bet today.

Yeah I had a look online but don't see that they do power cords, but thanks for the tip.

Joe

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Might be best to move this one Joe to a more appropriate forum, to get a better answer to your problem, or you could leave it here for the crack. Best of luck

I'll leave it here for the Craic, I want sure where else to fire it till be honest.

Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not the by-the-book repair, but cut the cable where it’s damaged and use an in-line connector box to reattach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

This may help if looking for a good power chord.

https://youtu.be/ivN-vazm3qE

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy

There's only one person mowing the lawn on a bank holiday morning

2znyhqv.jpg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not the by-the-book repair, but cut the cable where it’s damaged and use an in-line connector box to reattach.

I'd love to know exactly how but I'm not even going to try it.... Not with the risk.

Man found killed by a faulty flymo Cable in Drimnagh..... Oh the headlines...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Man up and buy a petrol lawnmower

This may help if looking for a good power chord.

https://youtu.be/ivN-vazm3qE

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Cutting grass on a bank holiday. I hope you don't have neighbours. I haven't cut grass in over a month, and it has still barely grown.
    Are you one of those people who empties the dishwasher first thing in the morning when everyone is still in bed, so they're woken up to the banging and clattering of plates being stacked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP; by the time you get this sorted it will be too late to cut the grass anyways today.! Enjoy the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

jleavy046 wrote: »

I'd love to know exactly how but I'm not even going to try it.... Not with the risk.

Man found killed by a faulty flymo Cable in Drimnagh..... Oh the headlines...

9858R_P&$prodImageMedium$

https://www.screwfix.com/p/debox-2sl-screwless-in-line-junction-box/9858r :D

Graces7 wrote: »
    OP; by the time you get this sorted it will be too late to cut the grass anyways today.! Enjoy the day!

Yeah, I've given up.....!!

jleavy046 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've given up.....!!

If you ask Graces7 nicely, maybe she'll lend you a goat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

People are way too soft today, back in the day you'd have striped the wires with a Stanley knife and twisted them back together with some tape.**

** Atoms for peace cannot be held responsible for any resultant death that may occur.

People are way too soft today, back in the day you'd have striped the wires with a Stanley knife and twisted them back together with some tape.**

** Atoms for peace cannot be held responsible for any resultant death that may occur.

My father-in-law (still alive at 87, remarkably) regularly did that with his hedge-clippers! At one point, the power cable had four separate joins on it :eek: - how he didn't electrocute himself I will never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Turnipman wrote: »
    If you ask Graces7 nicely, maybe she'll lend you a goat!

Hmm.. I wish! Maybe you know something I don't! Would LOVE a goat again... yearn. lol...

Although they are not very good for gardens.. One of my most enduring mental images of my goat way back is of her fleeing the scene with my daffodlils dangling provocatively from her mouth..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Man up and buy a petrol lawnmower
    Man up and get a push mower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

Stanley knife? Pffft. Wimp. Teeth were invented long before Stanley knives...

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Cutting grass on a bank holiday. I hope you don't have neighbours. I haven't cut grass in over a month, and it has still barely grown.
    Are you one of those people who empties the dishwasher first thing in the morning when everyone is still in bed, so they're woken up to the banging and clattering of plates being stacked?

If you were my neighbour I’d get a cement mixer and leave it running in the back garden with nothing but two bricks in it for the weekend.

kenmc wrote: »
    Stanley knife? Pffft. Wimp. Teeth were invented long before Stanley knives...

Twin-n-earth Dental Floss. Recommended for daily use by Orthodontists, with large student loans.

Man up and get a push mower.

I’ll see you the push mower and raise you a scythe, you soft handed excuse of a man.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

JayZeus wrote: »
    I’ll see you the push mower and raise you a scythe, you soft handed excuse of a man.
    TBH it should be a sickle 'm but I'm too lazy to bend :o

Advertisement