Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change of eirccode

Options
  • 06-08-2018 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Our street name has been changed officially and the GeoCode Directory/eircodes have been changed from 1 August 2018.   I am unable to correct the address on my eir account online.   Is your database changed automatically once eircodes change?  When will this be reflected on my account?

I've tried phoning you today on 1901 (there wasn't an option for this particular query not surprisingly since it can't be common) and I had to go through all the selection options before being told the office is closed (public holiday).   Your email function is not available according to your website.  Your chat function is not available according to your website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Turnipman wrote:
    Eircode has got absolutely nothing to do with eir!

He wants to change the address details on his Eir account because his street name & eircode has been changed. That is why he is trying to contact eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 textiles

Turnipman wrote: »

See here
    I am well aware of that.  You do not seem to have read my post properly.

My query is: I want my correct address on my eir account.  It appears I am unable to change this myself online.   I want to communicate with eir in writing to ensure correct spelling and eircode.    I am unable to do do this per their website - see my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That linked thread is rather worrying in that An Post are that clueless they're telling people to contact Eir for eircode queries.

I should add that many service providers use the GeoCode directory to automatically update their own databases.   My question to eir is whether they do this or whether it must be done manually by an employee on the instructions of the consumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

See here
    But he wants to change the Eircode for his eir account.

Just like he might want to change his Eircode on his bank account, electricity account etc etc.....

Edit> too late its already been said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

my3cents wrote: »

See here
    But he wants to change the Eircode for his eir account.

Just like he might want to change his Eircode on his bank account, electricity account etc etc.....

Edit> too late its already been said

Yep - I gets you, sorry 'bout that;  I'm bit slow on the uptake today after a self-inflicted overdose of Lidl's lovely Abrachan last night. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Patww79 wrote: »
    That linked thread is rather worrying in that An Post are that clueless they're telling people to contact Eir for eircode queries.

I don't think there's any possibility that An Post told them to contact eir. That thread is either a wind up or a total idiot.

No worries - the self-inflicted punishments are the worst 😂!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I don't think there's any possibility that An Post told them to contact eir. That thread is either a wind up or a total idiot.

I seen people proclaimed it as that, but that happens over half the threads on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

textiles wrote: »
    Our street name has been changed officially and the GeoCode Directory/eircodes have been changed from 1 August 2018.   I am unable to correct the address on my eir account online.   Is your database changed automatically once eircodes change?  When will this be reflected on my account?

I've tried phoning you today on 1901 (there wasn't an option for this particular query not surprisingly since it can't be common) and I had to go through all the selection options before being told the office is closed (public holiday).   Your email function is not available according to your website.  Your chat function is not available according to your website.
    Hi textiles, 

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to get in touch with anyone over the weekend. 

Our customer care team on 1901 will be able to update this for you within our systems manually. They will advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi textiles, 

Our customer care team on 1901 will be able to update this for you within our systems manually. They will advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Okay thank you Tracey - I'll contact eir by phone.
    I usually prefer to communicate in writing (I find it easy, can do it when it suits me, don't mind waiting for a reply, and there's a record / thread if that's needed later) - hopefully eir's email contact functionality will be in place / restored soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi textiles, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Okay thank you Tracey - I'll contact eir by phone.
    I usually prefer to communicate in writing (I find it easy, can do it when it suits me, don't mind waiting for a reply, and there's a record / thread if that's needed later) - hopefully eir's email contact functionality will be in place / restored soon.
    No problem. 

I understand, however, there is no email address for our customer care team they are only contactable over the phone I'm afraid. The calls are recorded and the agent who processes this for you will update the notes on the account for you also. 

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate in coming back to me. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement