Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Montreal Grand Prix holiday

Options
  • 06-08-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I would love some recommendations and tips for travelling to and staying in Montreal for a grand prix. I want to make it into our summer hols and travel from there to either New York or Boston. Where is the best place to base ourselves so we can sightsee and travel to the race, bearing in mind it would be 2 adults and 1 young teen? It looks like an amazing city so how long should we stay? I am assuming if it would be expensive during the grand prix so any tips on that? Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Might get a better reply on the Motorsport forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Hi OP

Been to the Montreal GP twice but the last one was 2000 so my info may not be that much up to date.

Because the race is on an island within the city it’s very accessible, very easy to get to from the city.

There are lots of hotels in the downtown area, I’d start looking now, no idea what prices might be like

The times I was there I ended up staying in B+Bs as all the hotels were sold out.

If I recall they were in the residential area to the west of Rue Sherbrook, Le Plateau-Mont-Royal its seems to be called, it’s kind of along the line of Sherbrook, Mont-Royal and Laurier Metro stations.
    I’d imagine that there if far more available there now it the advent of AirBnB.

Boston is about a 4 to 5 hour drive away, NYC 6 or so.

Montreal in itself is a nice city to visit, but you would get no more than a few days out of it.

I believe Quebec City is even nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dominoe39

Thanks Fr Tod. That's great information. I've never done the Air BnB thing but will certainly be looking into it. Good to know that a few days will do the sightseeing.

Advertisement