Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upsetting Post

Options
  • 06-08-2018 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hi, Not sure if my question on this has been received already, as I've not gotten a reply.

Anyway, I saw an upsetting post on TA a few days ago, I wanted to report it as I feel it was grossly unfair/victim blaming/in the wrong forum. It's probably too late to report it now, but for further reference.

Im concerned about anonymity if I did report it, I've been in the FAQ's and it doesn't mention if the complainant's name is made known to the poster in the process.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Bredabe

I'm not clear which forum you are referring to when you say "TA". Could you clarify that for me?

A post can be reported at any time, just click on the little warning symbol to the left of the post, fill in the form with details of why you are reporting it and click submit.

Anonymity is important when reporting a post. If you report a post, the person who created the post in the first place will never know that it has been reported, or who made the report. When you report a post, a mesage is created automatically in the Reported Posts forum. Only moderators, CMods, Admins & HQ have access to this forum.

You should also be aware that reporting a post does not guarantee that mod action will be taken. When a mod receives a reported post message, they will investigate and decide if action is needed. They are not required to state what action they have taken, or to provide feedback to the person who reported the post. If a mod takes action, they might often leave a message in thread to explain, but it is not required.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

dudara wrote: »
    Hi Bredabe

I'm not clear which forum you are referring to when you say "TA". Could you clarify that for me?

A post can be reported at any time, just click on the little warning symbol to the left of the post, fill in the form with details of why you are reporting it and click submit.

Anonymity is important when reporting a post. If you report a post, the person who created the post in the first place will never know that it has been reported, or who made the report. When you report a post, a mesage is created automatically in the Reported Posts forum. Only moderators, CMods, Admins & HQ have access to this forum.

You should also be aware that reporting a post does not guarantee that mod action will be taken. When a mod receives a reported post message, they will investigate and decide if action is needed. They are not required to state what action they have taken, or to provide feedback to the person who reported the post. If a mod takes action, they might often leave a message in the thread to explain, but it is not required.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, that's all I needed to know.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm pretty sure I kmow which post the OP is referring to (if she is, as I suspect, referring to the Trivial Annoyance thread in AH) and I reported it myself. No action was taken and while I understand that's the mods' prerogative, it was an appalling decision, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I think Bredabe is talking about the trivial annoyance thread in AH. If you don't want to report it you can pm myself or one of the other mods with a link to the post if you wish. That thread and a few others are really fast moving so we can't read them all.

• Advertisement

Thanks both!

Bredabe - feel free to take Putinbot up on his offer if you find that easier than reporting the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Hey DH, can you report the post again or pm me yourself. I've looked at your reports and I don't see anything from you in regards that thread in the last week.

Advertisement