Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosepipe ban still on until 31st August 2018

Options
  • 06-08-2018 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

fuming (well alright fuming is too dramatic) that the hosepipe Ban is still on until 31st august .. there are some walls and paths I want to power-wash and ideal weather / days for it and i cant because of the bloody hosepipe ban (no I havent got any stored water in barrels from my roof gutters before anyone asks)

Sure why is this ban until 31st august anyway? - why is it nationwide as well. Its been raining for bleeding ages since the ban was introduced and surely some areas have had more rainfall than others and surely some reservoirs are more fuller than others? - so why a blanket nationwide ban until then? - surely they (Irish Water) should be examining / carrying out research and the parts of the country who's reservoirs are near to sufficient levels then those particular areas lifting the ban - do you not agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Andy, the rainfall has been negligible and most of the water that has fallen hasn't made it way to rivers lakes or reservoirs. I badly need to use the power washer too, but there's not a lot we can do about it.

fuming (well alright fuming is too dramatic) that the hosepipe Ban is still on until 31st august .. there are some walls and paths I want to power-wash and ideal weather / days for it and i cant because of the bloody hosepipe ban (no I havent got any stored water in barrels from my roof gutters before anyone asks)

Sure why is this ban until 31st august anyway? - why is it nationwide as well. Its been raining for bleeding ages since the ban was introduced and surely some areas have had more rainfall than others and surely some reservoirs are more fuller than others? - so why a blanket nationwide ban until then? - surely they (Irish Water) should be examining / carrying out research and the parts of the country who's reservoirs are near to sufficient levels then those particular areas lifting the ban - do you not agree?

What real difference will it make if they are not power washed until September.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If we don’t get significant rain soon then we will really struggle come autumn and winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

We’ve had at least 2 weeks of constant rain in Donegal Fcùk the hosepipe ban, I washed the car today and will wash it again before the end of the week and plan to power wash the paths this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

What real difference will it make if they are not power washed until September.

no, indeed it can wait like ... but you know what its like when you keep seeing something and your itching to get on with it instead of putting it off

i'm a bit of an impatient person sometimes and like to get things done when they are needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,236 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it's a Karcher power washer it can be run from a water butt, might be another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We’ve had at least 2 weeks of constant rain in Donegal Fcùk the hosepipe ban, I washed the car today and will wash it again before the end of the week and plan to power wash the paths this week too.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

no, indeed it can wait like ... but you know what its like when you keep seeing something and your itching to get on with it instead of putting it off

i'm a bit of an impatient person sometimes and like to get things done when they are needed

Pffft. ....

Just do what they did in the days before power washers were invented.

Bucket of hot water, good scrubbing brush some soap and a bit of elbow grease.

Bit of exercise, get your buig bear put to bed and the satisfaction of appreciating your hard work afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

hire out a power washer that has a realy long hose and can suck from a waterbutt. then put a waterbut under the outside tap and use that to fill it. none of that is illegal. its only the hosepipe part that is banned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just use the hose whats d worse that can happen theres leaking pipes all over the country :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Don't be worried about hosepipe ban. It won't affect you

Sure they don't have running water in Sligo yet Andy!!!!!!

Don't be worried about hosepipe ban. It won't affect you

Sure they don't have running water in Sligo yet Andy!!!!!!

:D yeah we got running water down here in 2003 down here , we are not totally backward (just a little behind) ... our running water even has them Niké shoes ....

havent got one of those rain water buts , but if I got one and filled it up from the outside water tap , then use a submersible pump (got one of them) then hook it up the the existing k'archer then that might work .. and then I am technically not using a hosepipe :)

someone will still spot me and report me to Irish water though I bet ... (I can feel it in my water) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

The ban should not be nationwide, Mayo, Sligo, Donegal do not need it.

The ban should not be nationwide, Mayo, Sligo, Donegal do not need it.

thank you ! - there talks a man with sense (sorry if I got your gender wrong) ...

think most realise how hot and dry UK has had it recently much worse than here and much less rain for an amount of time if any at all. United Utilities a water utility firm in the UK were going to impose a hosepipe ban but called it off at the 11th hour. - shame irish water couldn't have been as forthcoming and done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If it's a Karcher power washer it can be run from a water butt, might be another option.

I like big water butts and I can not lie

Advertisement