Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel

Options
  • 06-08-2018 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Travelling from Longford to Granard, I saw a lovely looking hotel, of course, I didn't get the name at the time. Does anyone on here know what its called?. I've not been able to find it online.

Its a cream or off-white building maybe Georgian, the first thing ppl see as they take the blind enough turn into the town/village. This town/village is the 2nd or 3rd last before Granard.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Bredabe wrote: »
    Hi,
    Travelling from Longford to Granard, I saw a lovely looking hotel, of course, I didn't get the name at the time. Does anyone on here know what its called?. I've not been able to find it online.

Its a cream or off-white building maybe Georgian, the first thing ppl see as they take the blind enough turn into the town/village. This town/village is the 2nd or 3rd last before Granard.

What route did you take from Longford to Granard? and did you notice if the hotel was still open for Business?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

messrs wrote: »
    What route did you take from Longford to Granard? and did you notice if the hotel was still open for Business?

I assume it's not as I can't find it online, Im not sure what the route was exactly, but it went past both Pat the Baker plant(not the one in Granard) and the dog food factory that used to be owned by Albert Reynolds. We also went past Moran's physiotherapist(tho was far away and maybe on the route from Athlone)

I assume it's not as I can't find it online, Im not sure what the route was exactly, but it went past both Pat the Baker plant(not the one in Granard) and the dog food factory that used to be owned by Albert Reynolds. We also went past Moran's physiotherapist(tho was far away and maybe on the route from Athlone)

The dog food factory would be C&D in Edgworthtown - was it before or after that you saw the hotel? Trying to place it but cant think

The dog food factory would be C&D in Edgworthtown - was it before or after that you saw the hotel? Trying to place it but can't think

Thanks for putting in the time for me on this, it was C&D and the hotel was way closer to Granard than it was, closer to Pat the Baker, but not by much.

Would this be it? http://www.viewmounthouse.com/

• Advertisement

No, it was on the path like the Park House in Edgeworthstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Sorry to derail the thread but anyone know whats happenning with the former nightclub outside longford on the n4 to edgeworthstown?

Seems to be a lot of activity lately and new windows installed.

I always hoped it would reopen as was a shame to see it sitting there idle.

Possibly the relining of the road is connected?

riemann wrote: »
    Sorry to derail the thread but anyone know whats happenning with the former nightclub outside longford on the n4 to edgeworthstown?

Is that where they are considering putting the skate/bike park? (tho they prob wouldn't want windows)
    There was talk of an artisinal centre somewhere around there earlier in the year.

Is that where they are considering putting the skate/bike park? (tho they prob wouldn't want windows)
    There was talk of an artisinal centre somewhere around there earlier in the year.

I wouldn't be overly familiar with the area but I certainly hope not.

Way too far outside the town.

That's the old Fountain Blue you are talking about. That has been bought by a guy that sells beds (and maybe other furniture - not sure) am surprised you didn't see any vans outside it, he normally has them there. Company is called Big Mickey

• Advertisement

That's the old Fountain Blue you are talking about. That has been bought by a guy that sells beds (and maybe other furniture - not sure) am surprised you didn't see any vans outside it, he normally has them there. Company is called Big Mickey

Thanks.

I know of his outlet the other side of longford. Never seen a car in the carpark, assumed it was a money laundering operation.

Thanks.

I know of his outlet the other side of longford. Never seen a car in the carpark, assumed it was a money laundering operation.

Think he is moving to that building for a bigger premises. I thought he was an online business so wouldn't have had a showroom for people to call in to - could be wrong on that though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Was it the old bank in granard? https://www.sherryfitz.ie/commercial/15897

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Think he is moving to that building for a bigger premises. I thought he was an online business so wouldn't have had a showroom for people to call in to - could be wrong on that though

The showroom is the other side of Longford stuffed to the rafters with beds and other furniture.

Thanks.

Plenty of Boardsies bought furniture off Big Mickey over the years, there's a Big Mickey verified rep who posts fairly regularly.

Graham wrote: »
    The showroom is the other side of Longford stuffed to the rafters with beds and other furniture.

Plenty of Boardsies bought furniture off Big Mickey over the years, there's a Big Mickey verified rep who posts fairly regularly.

I know he is a genuine business i just meant I though it was online only and that is why there may not have been cars outside the premises

KAGY wrote: »
    Was it the old bank in granard? https://www.sherryfitz.ie/commercial/15897
    Im beginning to think I must have imagined it now, but thank you, I was wondering what that building in the link was, no one I asked in the town knew or wouldn't tell a stranger what it was.

Im beginning to think I must have imagined it now, but thank you, I was wondering what that building in the link was, no one I asked in the town knew or wouldn't tell a stranger what it was.

Were you travelling a few different roads and then only remembered this place afterwards? Is it possible you saw this building somewhere else and not necessarily between Grandard & Edgeworthstown - like could it possibly have been in Newtownforbes?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Hi messrs

No plans to move anywhere at the moment anyways. We have been a bricks and mortar store for over 10 years . We have had a web site during most of that time but only allowed online purchasing in the last twelve months.

Hope this clarify's things.

Thanks

Laura
    bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

If you went form Longford to Granard via Edgeworthstown, you would have taken the N4 and then the N55. There are no villages on that route.
    If, on the other hand you are misremembering a trip to Mullingar from Longford, then the hotel could be Feerick's in Rathowen

Plopsu wrote: »
    If you went form Longford to Granard via Edgeworthstown, you would have taken the N4 and then the N55. There are no villages on that route.
    If, on the other hand you are misremembering a trip to Mullingar from Longford, then the hotel could be Feerick's in Rathowen

Definitely not that one, it wasn't a destination hotel like this. Journeys are, Athlone-Granard or Longford-Granard. We risk getting shot by 'cowboys' by going into Mullingar, (In-Joke)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

We risk getting shot by 'cowboys' by going into Mullingar, (In-Joke)

I think they're actually called 'Mullingurriers'.

Plopsu wrote: »
    I think they're actually called 'Mullingurriers'.
    I, of course, could not comment either way but.......:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

https://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/manor-on-150-acres-has-plenty-of-potential-uses-26570564.html

Maybe you took a different road from Edgeworthstown to granard and passed through Lisryan, Abbeylara.

you might have passed the house above, Coolamber Manor.

Advertisement