Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 panel - anyway of connecting non-HKC fire detectors?

Options
  • 06-08-2018 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a HKC 1070 panel. While I was wiring in another zone I had a notion of 'wouldn't it be handy that my smoke detectors connected to the panel so it could text me if it went off?'
    Is this possible? I know there are HKC fire alarm units but I already have a number of mains/battery smoke detectors linked together. Worst case, I might be up to get HKC units but rather see if it's possible with the existing setup.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the mains units have an interlink there should be a way to get these to trigger a relay & in turn connect that into a hardwired zone on your HKC panel programmed as fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

If your existing setup is interlinked you can get a relay base that sits between the detector base and the smoke head...I have a mix of Ei smoke heat and co alarms and have a relay base on the nearest one to the panel this is wired into zone 1 and when any of the detectors activate they all sound, the contact opens in the relay base and the hkc panel goin into FIRE Alarm... you will need to change the zone type to fire and as a “24 hour” zone

Advertisement