Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are transexual women attractive to hetero men?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Rennaws wrote: »
    What if it looks like a lady duck and quacks like a lady duck but still has a penis ?

If it has a penis it's a poor likeness of a lady duck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Lies, everyone fancies Idris Elba! :D

Hahaha!! Sorry!! Just not for me!

If it has a penis it's a poor likeness of a lady duck!

Didn't MidlandsMissus not long back inform the group there was nothing wrong with saying the phrase "her penis" ??

World be up it's own orifice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm quite honestly totally baffled by the people here actually give a shíte about people who refer to themselves as Trans or anything else.

Why care? They're not harming anyone at all.

On-topic. I'm more than sure that quite a few men on here have looked at a trans women, thought she was gorgeous and never noticed. Fun fact, on Reddit's /r/prettygirls you'll often find that it's trans women being posted and the commentators and upvoters never notice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Funny you get people who wade into any topic and state that they have "no idea what the issue is" or "can't understand at all why someone might think x"

Trying so hard to display thier virtue.

doylefe wrote: »
    Funny you get people who wade into any topic and state that they have "no idea what the issue is" or "can't understand at all why someone might think x"

Trying so hard to display thier virtue.

Yep.

Someone telling a gay man that they are a transphobic bigot because he doesn't fancy a woman with boobs and everything - that's nuts. Pun intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Well, I'm not a hetero man, I'm a bi-sexual woman. I've found trans men attractive before, and trans women. Well, people I've seen online or in the media, I don't know anyone that is trans in real life. For me though, I wouldn't want to engage in sex with someone unless they'd had the full sex change. I might be bi but I like my boobs to be paired with a vagina! I also like my willies not to be accompanied by boobs. Hmmm, then again women with strap ons are sexy.....I might have to get back to ye on this one :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to engage in sex with someone unless they'd had the full sex change. I might be bi but I like my boobs to be paired with a vagina! I also like my willies not to be accompanied by boobs. Hmmm, then again women with strap ons are sexy.....I might have to get back to ye on this one :p

I get your point. It's all or nothing as far as I'm concerned. Take the "lady" below.

Attractive? Undoubtedly yes.
    Interested? Not in the slightest.

Also - I don't know what it is exactly, but I find strap ons slightly creepy:eek:
    Omackeral wrote: »
    By finding this one attractive...

a5onyeq_700b.jpg
    There's a willy between those legs

Almost there - keep going!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Didn't MidlandsMissus not long back inform the group there was nothing wrong with saying the phrase "her penis" ??

World be up it's own orifice!

Lots of people (less now than there used to be) would have a problem with “her girlfriend”. Wouldn’t make sense to them. Only men should have girlfriends.

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Lots of people (less now than there used to be) would have a problem with “her girlfriend”. Wouldn’t make sense to them. Only men should have girlfriends.

Oh go away.

I'm sitting looking at a colleague talking on the phone to her wife.

Stop accusing everyone you see of "..... phobia" - insert phrase du jour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

A person born a man can be transformed to look like an aesthetically attractive female. Just like someone could look at a hyper realistic drawing or waxwork of a woman and find the subject aesthetically attractive, it doesn’t make them attracted to paper and pencil or wax.

A person born a man can be transformed to look like an aesthetically attractive female. Just like someone could look at a hyper realistic drawing or waxwork of a woman and find the subject aesthetically attractive, it doesn’t make them attracted to paper and pencil or wax.

I've a mate with a list of people he can cheat on his wife with (she has same, before the feminist crowd weigh in!)

Atop this list is one Jessica Rabbit. The heart wants what the heart wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I've a mate with a list of people he can cheat on his wife with (she has same, before the feminist crowd weigh in!)

Sure who didn’t rewind and pause that car crash scene back in the day?
    2 fuzzy lines across the screen from the VCR and the picture hopping up and down. Sure you’d see nothing anyway:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I’d try anything once.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Oh go away.

What happens when it's a phobia of phobias?!

I don't find trans women attractive...(Boards doesn't have access to your internet history right :P)

ELM327 wrote: »
    What happens when it's a phobia of phobias?!

:D

Well the argument my pal got into started to have a gay man called transphobic and his husband reply that the other person was homophobic, so I'd say a complete mess!

I blame these idiots and their 51 bloody genders, made up nonsense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

What's funny about this PC new world we're living in is that people's sexual preferences don't tend to play ball. You can't police what people are sexually attracted to because it's largely out of everyone's control.

Sexual preferences can be racist, sexist and bigoted a lot of the time. I'm mostly attracted to straight white men, not trans Asian men, for example, and there's not a single fcuking thing I can do about that. That's not to say I don't find Denzel Washington attractive mind you (droool), but about 90% of the time I'm going to naturally gravitate towards the white straight dude in the room over most other guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I’d try anything once.

so you're trysexual?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

I’d try anything once.

Bloody trisexuals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

silverharp wrote: »
    so you're trysexual?

Don’t label me:)

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

The way I see it is...

If some bloke gets turned on by a tranny. Then that's fine. If some bloke gets turned off by a tranny. Then that's also fine. If some tranny gets turned on by straight men too. Hey, guess what? that's also fine.
    In any case I couldn't give a toss and neither should you. That's generally a tip for life. Not caring what others choose to do.

Chances are though if I get turned on I might well be giving a toss.. to myself :pac:

But really I do agree who cares who is attracted to who, I'm hetero but have seen some trans women who to be fair are gorgeous, not sure would I actually want to do anything with them but can't deny they are good looking.

Oh go away.

I didn’t say anything about phobia. I’m just wondering what’s the difference between you thinking “her penis” signifies some kind of societal issue and people who think “her girlfriend” signifies some kind of societal issue.

I didn’t say anything about phobia. I’m just wondering what’s the difference between you thinking “her penis” signifies some kind of societal issue and people who think “her girlfriend” signifies some kind of societal issue.

F***s sake.

Because a penis belongs to the male of the species. Has done for millennia, still does in this bat s**t crazy world.

Of course that male need not have been born male but if there is a penis, they are a male. Remember biology ?

Anyone can have a girlfriend, male or female - it just takes asking a female out - and them saying yes.

F***s sake.

Because a penis belongs to the male of the species. Has done for millennia, still does in this bat s**t crazy world.

Of course that male need not have been born male but if there is a penis, they are a male. Remember biology ?

Anyone can have a girlfriend, male or female - it just takes asking a female out - and them saying yes.

And some women (trans women) have penises.

Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean the worlds “gone up it’s own orifice”. Any more than women having girlfriends means it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

And the head wants checking!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

And some women (trans women) have penises..

Does not compute.

If someone undergoes surgery to make themselves look like some celebrity, they have mental health issues. Same goes for trans people.

And some women (trans women) have penises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cs2pGXneA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If a hard Chaw like Franco Begbie can find himself standing to attention, it can happen to any of us.

Be careful out there!

From the mouths of babes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Does not compute.

If someone undergoes surgery to make themselves look like some celebrity, they have mental health issues. Same goes for trans people.
    No. They have always been that celebrity. the surgery is just a practicality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

not anymore apparently...seems there are those out there that believe a man can suck **** and be entirely heterosexual.... and a woman can suck that very same **** and be gay.....wrap your head around that one....

DPgEw6IWAAAfdFQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

I'm hetro cis male.
    Someone once gave me a thought experiment that was "Think of some really sexy women's clothes you like. Like a lacy bra, some underwear etc.. Now do you find that attractive?"
    "Yes"
    "Well that's not a biological women you find attractive. That's fabric material. You're attractive to things that represent to you stuff you have previously found yourself attracted to. Some is down to biology and culture, some is down to just practicing your attraction to it. So now you know that you can be attracted to things that are not women".

It was a quite a blunt, but interesting eye opener many years ago.

I would not date a trans woman most likely. A lot of their life they were living a male life. Their stories and life would represent this. Parts of their personality would be formed around this. It's not about just being attracted to a body. It's a whole life of a person in that body. It's fine to not what to be with someone because of stuff they've don't in their past. It's not judgemental to be content for them but still serve your own preferences.

Does not compute.

If someone undergoes surgery to make themselves look like some celebrity,  they have mental health issues. Same goes for trans people.
    No. They have always been that celebrity. the surgery is just a practicality.
    Why do you think they are 'always' that thing they want to be? What happens in the unlikely case they want to change back? Does that mean they were never always that thing?
    I think it makes more sense to say they were who they were and they wanted to change some aspects of that, they may have always had the urge and desire, and always may have felt like something didn't suit them. It encompasses a much more accurate reality I think, and allows acknowledgement of all of them at each stage in their journey.

If gender is culturally formed, then neither of us are really a gender, merely playing a role by conscious/unconscious agreement. If its cultural, then its not something innate inside me.
    If its not cultural, then its innate and all components of them, including the original body they are born in to is what they are, and as they change that, that also becomes what they are. It means though there was never a 'wrong' body or a 'should of'/'always' that makes any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Oh go away.

Making up more anecdotes to suit your arguments I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

manonboard wrote: »
    Why do you think they are 'always' that thing they want to be? What happens in the unlikely case they want to change back? Does that mean they were never always that thing?
    I think it makes more sense to say they were who they were and they wanted to change some aspects of that, they may have always had the urge and desire, and always may have felt like something didn't suit them. It encompasses a much more accurate reality I think, and allows acknowledgement of all of them at each stage in their journey.

If gender is culturally formed, then neither of us are really a gender, merely playing a role by conscious/unconscious agreement. If its cultural, then its not something innate inside me.
    If its not cultural, then its innate and all components of them, including the original body they are born in to is what they are, and as they change that, that also becomes what they are. It means though there was never a 'wrong' body or a 'should of'/'always' that makes any sense.
    The only occasion on which one can be 100% solidly certain of gender is when the person in question is transgender. when one is cis gendered, gender is fluid and/or a social construct.

manonboard wrote:
    I'm hetro cis male. Someone once gave me a thought experiment that was "Think of some really sexy women's clothes you like. Like a lacy bra, some underwear etc.. Now do you find that attractive?" "Yes" "Well that's not a biological women you find attractive. That's fabric material. You're attractive to things that represent to you stuff you have previously found yourself attracted to. Some is down to biology and culture, some is down to just practicing your attraction to it. So now you know that you can be attracted to things that are not women".

You see a bra without a woman in it and you find the bra attractive?

Odd mate. I only find it attractive when on a woman and it's not the bra I find attractive.

That's a **** experiment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Does anybody remember this show?There's something about Miriam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

manonboard wrote: »
    I'm hetro cis male.

So you're a man.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

wexie wrote: »

DPgEw6IWAAAfdFQ.jpg

One look at Shay Serenity in conjunction with his/her/xer tweets tells you all you need to know about him/her/zer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Odd mate. I only find it attractive when on a woman and it's not the bra I find attractive.

It's one of the weirdest things i've read in some time..

And we're talking about "women with cocks" ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

One look at Shay Serenity in conjunction with his/her/xer tweets tells you all you need to know about him/her/zer.

That's genuinely hilarious.

The only occasion on which one can be 100% solidly certain of gender is when the person in question is transgender. when one is cis gendered, gender is fluid and/or a social construct.

Could you explain please? I don't think I followed the logic

manonboard wrote:
    Could you explain please? I don't think I followed the logic

Pretty sure he was pointing that certain people are very hypocritical as they insist that they insist that all gender is fluid/on a spectrum unless they are talking about transgenderism as that person is 100% sure that they are meant to be the opposite gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    In my day a tranny was a portable radio!

Or a Ford van.

I can definitely detect mental stimulation about it yes. It's an erotically linked item.

I find it odd that you'd need exactly something as strict as an actual person to find any sexually rated activity in you. (no judgment though)

How you reckon in that perspective why porn is different? It's literally just a picture of a woman. It's not a woman. It's a picture. Pixels on a screen. Its the same principle. Just something erotically linked.
    That establishes a grey area to me which establishes the requirement of seeing things as a spectrum rather than a black n white view.

Of course. Your view of sexuality might just be very different than mine yet hold the same sexuality. Nothing wrong with that.

Pretty sure he was pointing that certain people are very hypocritical as they insist that they insist that all gender is fluid/on a spectrum unless they are talking about transgenderism as that person is 100% sure that they are meant to be the opposite gender.

I see. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Being attracted to someone and thinking a person is beautiful or handsome are two different things in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea sure i seen some jaw dropping ts plus its hard to tell.

manonboard wrote:
    How you reckon in that perspective why porn is different? It's literally just a picture of a woman. It's not a woman. It's a picture. Pixels on a screen. Its the same principle. Just something erotically linked. That establishes a grey area to me which establishes the requirement of seeing things as a spectrum rather than a black n white view.

That's really not the same. Porn is a video of a woman. I'm not attracted to the pixels. If they were in any other arrangement than depicting a woman, I wouldn't be aroused.

Similarly, there have been occasions when I've seen some very convincing trans women (not in real life) but once it became clear that they are biologically a man, I cease to be attracted to them. I am only attracted to women.

manonboard wrote:
    I can definitely detect mental stimulation about it yes. It's an erotically linked item.

It's erotically linked because you are thinking about the woman wearing it, you aren't attracted to the bra.

That's different

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

"It's a woman's penis".

laughing-dog-meme-generator-stop-stop-you-re-gonna-make-me-pee-ed3dfc.jpg

Good god there are more outside the walls of the loony bin than in.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement