Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Announcement has being made: First After Hours Day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I referred a fella to Boards years ago and the fcker was banned within two hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh tee hee hee ! You are indeed a card.

Read that last word differently there for a second and thought there was a ban incoming :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,576 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

These mods must be so consumed by Boards that they honestly thought everyone else could see world through their eyes. I can picture it now, all patting each other on the back congratulating each other on a brilliant idea, but to the people living in the real world it's pretty ridiculous this idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I referred a fella to Boards years ago and the fcker was banned within two hours.

Written reference and the works?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

This could evolve into a yearly hate day like in 1984 they all gathered around to hate the enemy.

We'll just rent a cinema and show film clips of travellers.

• Advertisement

My prediction is my feedback suggestion of a Reddit Gold type feature for posts, but with the money going to the SSF.

If that wasn't the plan, they should probably think about it now because realistically, there is nothing good they could announce.

This whole thing about telling friends is surely a ruse.

These mods must be so consumed by Boards that they honestly thought everyone else could see world through their eyes. I can picture it now, all patting each other on the back congratulating each other on a brilliant idea, but to the people living in the real world it's pretty ridiculous this idea.

It was half baked... like all those cakes they're making!!!

giphy.webp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Seve OB wrote: »
    Freshpopcorn please answer some questions.

Is this something boards thought up for the site as a whole?

Or is it just for after hours?

Or was it just some moderators getting together with the idea?

Or is it just your own idea?

It's is being introduced in After Hours to see how it goes. At the moment the bosses are delighted with the interest and amount of posts the idea is getting.
    There is a good chance it will be extended to other forums now due to people like Srameen showing such an I interest in the topic.
    So one day they might be an After Hours Motors Day.

It's is being introduced in After Hours to see how it goes. At the moment the bosses are delighted with the interest and amount of posts the idea is getting.
    There is a good chance it will be extended to other forums now due to people like Srameen showing such an I interest in the topic.

:D

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

If this is actually genuine and not just some ridiculously lame fake-out, I suspect it was one particular mod's bright idea and tbh, I have wondered who in god's name decided to make him a mod since the day he was appointed. I actually thought it was a joke at first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

So they're delighted at the amount of posts mocking and ridiculing the idea?

Erm ok so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

You should have just said your account was hacked or you changed your meds or had a stroke or something, this is mortifying.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I have wondered who in god's name decided to make him a mod since the day he was appointed. I actually thought it was a joke at first.

They were told to recruit a few of the thickos the day they asked me. Something to do about equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

It's like jumping into bed with Tom Hardy only to discover he has nae willy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Beasty wrote: »
    It's in the thread title....

What the hell are you doing playing along with all of this? Have you all lost the plot completely? Did someone drop acid in the water cooler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You just can't let this go can you? When you're standing in the hole, stop digging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

P_1 wrote: »
    So they're delighted at the amount of posts mocking and ridiculing the idea?

Erm ok so

It's like Michael Scott on Prozac

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In light of tomorrow being AH Day, I am proud to announce the Christmas forum will be celebrating Christmas Day on December 25th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

Not a hope. All the other AH mods let freshpopcorn be the fall guy.

Meanwhile when Boards HQ look at this thread tomorrow

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Joking aside, what really happened. I skipped the revel.
    I'm not joking, what was it?
    Someone please??

deco nate wrote: »
    Someone please??

Here you go..
    Originally Posted by freshpopcorn

We are delighted to announce that Friday the 10th of August 2018 we'll be celebrating our first After Hours Day.
    Share your experiences of After Hours.
    Tell us you story about why you came here in the first place.
    Has it changed your life?
    Get other non Boards.ie users to celebrate the joys of After Hours tell them about it over lunch or an announcement in the office.
    Decorate your work place or home with balloons and bunting.
    Bake or Buy a cake and share it with others.
    Make it a day to remember.
    I know some will be disappointed with the news. I did explain it may make you happy,sad, etc. We had a lot more planned but due to certain individuals we had to move it forward because they couldn't wait.

Loughc wrote: »
    In light of tomorrow being AH Day, I am proud to announce the Christmas forum will be celebrating Christmas Day on December 25th.

Well this is fake news, because we were told only yesterday it may take a week or 2 before we know what is going on. But it will be before a weekend.

But what weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Someone please??

Everybody who posts here gets a cake.

Someone please??

It's After Hours Day Tommorow.
    Enjoy the day.
    Decorate your house or workplace.
    Wish people Happy After Hours Day,etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 120 ✭✭Lash Into The Pints

Haha. Oh wow.

But I want gourmet Popcorn, freshpopcorn lied.

Well this is fake news, because we were told only yesterday it may take a week or 2 before we know what is going on. But it will be before a weekend.

But what weekend?

People wanted the announcement to be made sooner.
    So, it was.
    This is why we didn't send out the balloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

What a load of Bull......

• Advertisement

My read of this latest "oopsie" is that FPC had a bit of a brain-fart when he posted the OP (possibly drink related), the thread grew legs, and then he had to come up with something, and is now too far in to back down now.

It's still better than the alternative that someone higher up thought this was a good idea!

It's After Hours Day Tommorow.
    Enjoy the day.
    Decorate your house or workplace.
    Wish people Happy After Hours Day,etc.

Em, it deconate. As in I will find you Annd boom!

No more fake news;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Here you go..

Erm... i don't fancy telling "anyone" about after hours.

For one thing, I haven't told anyone I'm a member of boards.

Secondly, After Hours is like that freaky mate of yours that you don't want to admit you like hanging around with. He half disgusts you but somehow you don't want to cut him loose. I'll be ****ed if I'm seen in public with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

Only an hour and a half to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I wondered how long before the bandwagon hopping started.

Don't you know this is what Freshpopcorn wants. Infiltrate boards one forum at a time.

We won't be able to move for all the banners celebrating the current special day it is.

Someone please??

Freshpopcorn started a thread saying a big announcement was coming. Cue lots of posters guessing and getting excited. It turns out that it was all a pile of nothing. Many posters are very aggrieved by this as they feel have been made fools of.

When one has hopes and expectations they can feel hurt and disappointed when such hopes don't pan out. In order to manage this hurt they turn their anger to the source. In this case freshpopcorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

At the moment the bosses are delighted with the interest and amount of posts the idea is getting

The interest is not there,the post count is all negative and it's just like in my old job in customer care where my boss used to use the spam emails we got sent in as actual correspondence to fluff up the numbers and look good.

No one's buying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I was impressed at how it was handled. Some people are getting bogged down with the small details, but you have to see the bigger picture.

However I do not welcome the inclusion of cake. I am not allowed cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Is all this bantz ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My read of this latest "oopsie" is that FPC had a bit of a brain-fart when he posted the OP (possibly drink related), the thread grew legs, and then he had to come up with something, and is now too far in to back down now.

It's still better than the alternative that someone higher up thought this was a good idea!

Even if there is an alternative announcement, 'tis all gone to **** now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Once again, my inability to get excited or look forward to anything has saved me from disappointment.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I was impressed at how it was handled. Some people are getting bogged down with the small details, but you have to see the bigger picture.

However I do not welcome the inclusion of cake. I am not allowed cake.

i'll have your cake for you. i'm kind like that

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hope it's not the urinal kind. :/

Freshpopcorn started a thread saying a big announcement was coming. Cue lots of posters guessing and getting excited. It turns out that it was all a pile of nothing. Many posters are very aggrieved by this as they feel have been made fools of.

When one has hopes and expectations they can feel hurt and disappointed when such hopes don't pan out. In order to manage this hurt they turn their anger to the source. In this case freshpopcorn.

Succinctly put! .

The emotional rollercoaster of this thread sums up after hours in a nutshell. why were people surprised?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy After Hours Eve everyone.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Succinctly put! .

The emotional rollercoaster of this thread sums up after hours in a nutshell. why were people surprised?

Because it's piss-poor behavior from a Mod of the forum.. Worse again that he won't just admit he screwed up but keep digging.

People don't like being treated like fools, AH or not.

It's all very socially awkward isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

They were told to recruit a few of the thickos the day they asked me. Something to do about equality.

You’re lucky you’re a decent mod, otherwise people would actually have a right to be p’ed off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy After Hours Eve everyone.

:D

I'm in knots here reading the thread , then again I'm easily amused :o

Because it's piss-poor behavior from a Mod of the forum.. Worse again that he won't just admit he screwed up but keep digging.

People don't like being treated like fools, AH or not.

Its not the destination that's important, but enjoying the journey.

Or something....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Is all this bantz ?

The moderators and admin team are more clever than us you see, so they are 'joking around'. Can't you take a joke? It's funny right? It's funny.

Le+so+funny+meme+xdd+_d2344188142f22149d5f0d60499825c0.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement