Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Announcement has being made: First After Hours Day!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

I hope it is about people having to pay to use this forum. Too many abusers on here and trolls not interested in serious discussion and tolerating other views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wrong! It was freshpopcorn, in the AH forum with the Submit New Thread button

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn-gif-8.gif

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

A sponsored Boards Beers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

oh ...oh ... is it that the legacy site will now return to being the default??!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Search option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

freshpopcorn has failed the MTest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

It has finally happened. MAHGA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

freshpopcorn has failed the MTest

How?
    I'm one of the chosen ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Boards.ie has been bought out by Buzzfeed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

jester77 wrote: »
    oh ...oh ... is it that the legacy site will now return to being the default??!?!

Legacy site has always been my default, ever since that damn Responsive site was launched.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

They've ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.

Is it that Boards.ie, collectively, will run for President?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Did they finally find out that I pooped in the cistern in boards HQ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Legacy site has always been my default, ever since that damn Responsive site was launched.

:)
    Same here, the "new and improved" site is crap tbh... still running legacy on blue skin here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It did involve PM's over the past few weeks.
    The selected moderators were then told to drive to services just off the M7 motorway where we had a confidential meeting.
    I am afraid I am revealing to much to be honest.

Read between the lines folks.
    M7 lay by dogging took place and FP can't contain his excitement and is threatening to name names..
    He's forgetting that he signed a confidentiality agreement and he's gonna get his ass sued when he reveals that =%/$##** and #":₩£_%: got it on terrier style at Junction 5.
    Woooooffffffff.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Is it that a border referendum WILL be happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Denis O’Brien has bought boards.ie, old news. Amazed it hasn’t been announced already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

deco nate wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that anyone on boards for at least 8 years is getting a Tesla model 3 for free?

Woohoo 3 Teslas for those of us with dupe accounts.
    Suck on that all you rule following ponses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Denis O’Brien has bought boards.ie, old news. Amazed it hasn’t been announced already.

Yes, apparently he wants to: ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yes, apparently he wants to: ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

add a Tetris app free of charge?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Going into receivership due to accumulated losses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Mod: [Pete, you were told in confidence, please don't post it again until it's official]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It better be worth the wait now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Autosport wrote: »
    It better be worth the wait now :D

Unless it's a ride it rarely is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This thread isnt even a sticky!

Its either a lame fake out or one of those announcements that the site is going to get worse but disguised as getting "better" because someone farted and an idea was formed.

Wait a minute! Are you guys Bloggers Unveilled???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Just to let ye know guys. They'll be a big announcement made about the future of us here in the coming days. Only a select few know the details as of yet.

Ya big tease.
    I joined the team last November!

You have lasted longer than a few of the mods appointed last year. ;)
    I heard the mods got lost in Irelands biggest lingerie department.

They need all the support they can get.
    A fair few droopy .....

Did they finally find nodin down on the M7 ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is it that freshpopcorn is being demodded and banned? You were not meant to know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is it like the pirate radio station years ago where it went on repeat for weeks it's coming.... It's coming..... It's coming.....

Is it being shut down for breach of gdpr!!!!

Do we all get a prize of some sort a new Tesla does sound nice though.

Have the good damn robot aliens taken over???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bit early to be starting an April fool's?

• Advertisement

Current affairs to get taken out of AH.

AH to revert to irreverent fun and social only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

If this is a let down, Freshpopcorn should be banned from AH until 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

It did involve PM's over the past few weeks.
    The selected moderators were then told to drive to services just off the M7 motorway where we had a confidential meeting.
    I am afraid I am revealing to much to be honest.

Services station.

Motorway.

Meeting.

Is boards finally opening the dogging forum that literally noone has asked for?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Boards.ie has been bought out by Buzzfeed?

Nonsense. But to find out more click into the Christmas Forum to read our 12 reasons why boards hasn’t been sold to Buzzfeed. Number six will surprise you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,428 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Is this about Gerry Adams' new book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Millennial snowflakes are to be ridiculed? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This comes to mind with all the guessing.

51890268.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The site will be bought by Redacted and mothballed

or

The site will be bought by some media conglomerate who will then farm out the redesign work to some "hip" and "groovy" media consultants. Who will redesign it in such a way that it alienates everyone posting here (but looks "really cool and fresh" to the "hip" and "groovy" media consultants) and the site will die on its arse in 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

The site will be bought by Redacted and mothballed

or

The site will be bought by some media conglomerate who will then farm out the redesign work to some "hip" and "groovy" media consultants. Who will redesign it in such a way that it alienates everyone posting here (but looks "really cool and fresh" to the "hip" and "groovy" media consultants) and the site will die on its arse in 3 years.

Bought by D.T.?

• Advertisement

A new mod is coming to town. The current ones thought they'd liven up the announcement a bit :)
    Bet you I'm right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,428 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Here it is:

We have received notice of planned works taking place in the datacentre on Saturday, August 11th. It is possible that this will result in errors and disruption from 6am until 8pm. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Has it anything to do with the Guardian publishing their interview with Osamas mother in Arabic?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/07/osama-bin-laden-mother-speaks-out-family-interview-in-arabic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A new mod is coming to town. The current ones thought they'd liven up the announcement a bit :)
    Bet you I'm right.

It would need to be one superstar to warrant the hype. And it isn’t me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Bet you I'm right.

And you better watch yourself when I'm cracking the whip. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

If it turns out you found a safe somewhere, I'm ****ing off to reddit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Thanos will send half of us to prison where we live with Red Skull (aka Gordon) for all eternity?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

somefeen wrote: »
    If it turns out you found a safe somewhere, I'm ****ing off to reddit

How dare you. That thread was amazing. Between that and the lad who was going to ask out the girl who worked in the garage and the lad who wanted to shift his grinds teacher are boards threads royality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Loughc wrote: »
    How dare you. That thread was amazing. Between that and the lad who was going to ask out the girl who worked in the garage and the lad who wanted to shift his grinds teacher are boards threads royality.

I was left with the internet forum equivalent of blue balls. The other two threads are gold though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Loughc wrote: »

The outcome of the Grinds teacher thread was the biggest fooking let down in the history of the site.....

But what a thread....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think they've figured out what a tracker mortgage is

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement