Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Announcement has being made: First After Hours Day!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Boards.ie moves to Ibiza. Becomes Boards.ib

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Current affairs forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You'll be awarded a euro for every "thanks" your post attracts?

It's up/down voting then I think I'm out. The forum is way too small and cliquey already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Dampsquid wrote: »
    What a disappointment.

That's why you should never put these things on a pedal stool.

Remember all that this big announcement is regarding After Hours only so let's not get carried away.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

We'll all become mods

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'm not buying it I'm afraid.
    You should be,,,

You should be very afraid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

i don’t know what the fcuks going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Remember all that this big announcement is regarding After Hours only so let's not get carried away.

You'll need permission to use After Hours maybe?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're going to abolish the use of the letters A and H in AH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Marje wrote: »
    You're all going to have pay for each letter you type for us to read - 1c will be the starting price for each letter just to break us in gently then they will sneakingly put the price up.

No refund if you edit or delete anything.

Get typing while it's free....

Mre ppl il use txt spk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Loughc wrote: »
    Username checks out.

No it doesn't, the term is 'damp squib'

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Think you all need to read the thread title more closely - "US" has another meaning - Trump is about to announce WW III. Not sure if that's to do with the Werewolf forum or something else though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Boards is the first Irish company to reach a €1 trillion market value ...

Oh! and they're buying Facebook too!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

(after i had a read at almost entire thread) few things i can think of that could qualify as announcement:

1. some AH wedding ...
    2. our accounts got hacked and we need to change passwords ...

rizzodun wrote: »
    No it doesn't, the term is 'damp squib'

Your wrong its squid not squib

whats a squib lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Just to let ye know guys. They'll be a big announcement made about the future of us here in the coming days. Only a select few know the details as of yet.

"I know something you don’t know"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

whats a squib lol

A firework called a squib that doesn't go off properly is called a damp squib

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Beasty wrote: »
    Think you all need to read the thread title more closely - "US" has another meaning - Trump is about to announce WW III. Not sure if that's to do with the Werewolf forum or something else though....

US could be for RUSSIA either

Putin is going to be the next President of Ireland (there will be a vacancy soon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

whats a squib lol
    juneg wrote: »

Isn't also the things they use in movies to simulate being shot by a gun? Which I suppose is also a firework of sorts.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

After Hours is shutting down, all threads to be redirected to more appropriate forums....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

The site will be bought by Redacted and mothballed

or

The site will be bought by some media conglomerate who will then farm out the redesign work to some "hip" and "groovy" media consultants. Who will redesign it in such a way that it alienates everyone posting here (but looks "really cool and fresh" to the "hip" and "groovy" media consultants) and the site will die on its arse in 3 years.

Please don't let it be a redesign, please don't let it be a redesign...
    Another Legacy user here.
    Don't. Please, pleeeease just don't.
    Pleeeeeeaaase.
    ImaginativeBogusKakapo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭DopeTech

There'll be an ama with the love island winners.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I dont think we'd cause a World War.....maybe a regional one.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I dont think we'd cause a World War.....maybe a regional one.

Only a wolf would say that. Get him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

juneg wrote: »

Bit of a mute point really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Officially making boards.ie a safe space?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A new mod is coming to town. The current ones thought they'd liven up the announcement a bit :)
    Bet you I'm right.

I'd say you're right :-)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

New Home wrote: »

Tts gret ide

• Advertisement

They are several rumours going around on this site and other sites. One rumour that I can confirm isn't true is that the announcement has nothing to do with the dlisappearance of Shergar in 1983.

Ya wha? Your grammar there basically means "it is true the announcement has something to do with shergar"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

"I know something you don’t know"

Nananaananaa

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tts gret ide

I know, I'm e genius, reelly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What is 87-43+17-37-18+49-55?

Congrats. That's the same number of shíts I give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ya wha? Your grammar there basically means "it is true the announcement has something to do with shergar"

Sorry about my grammar.
    Shergar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lemongrease

Snowseer wrote: »
    Bit of a mute point really.

It’s moot not mute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

whats a squib lol

96b501c4-97cd-4450-9108-ed12a4e55891_text.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

It’s moot not mute.

Thats aside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Denis O'Brien has bought boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It’s moot not mute.

I believe that is, how they say, the joke.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

New Home wrote: »

They've already curtailed the use of the word "be" in the thread title. Such an important subject but fail to proof read before submitting. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

• Advertisement

GMSA wrote: »
    They've already curtailed the use of the word "be" in the thread title. Such an important subject but fail to proof read before submitting. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

Very passive aggressive of them. :pac:

It’s moot not mute.

Theirs no such word as moot lol

Just peeked into the AH mods forum - there's some talk of Putinbot about to go off on maternity leave....

....talk about the monster that AH created

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Why is everyone getting so pacific about the spelling of things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Yes their is, I seen it used in a book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Just peeked into the AH mods forum - there's some talk of Putinbot about to go off on maternity leave....

....talk about the monster that AH created

Strange, I don't recall any of them going off on maternity leave for the thousands of big babies they dealt with here....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

If ye are announcing that AH has passed the turing test, I'm sorry to disappoint. I've always known ye are all bots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ok own up which one of the AH sex fiends got Putinbot knocked up .

Ahhhhh Sharon

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Someone is finally going to solve the King Vs Tayto and Lyons Vs Barrys debate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement