Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alex Jones content removed from Facebook, Youtube, Apple

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

declan2693 wrote: »
    It was blocked/banned for using someone name. Censorship of the highest level by the left.

The post was blocked/banned not the person. Also it was to promote an event not because the name was used. Search his name of Facebook or Twitter loads of results.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

Yeah have you got any other sources, because a quick scroll through his horrifying feed proves to me that this one is just an alt-right, islamophobic, pro-Israel troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

20Cent wrote: »
    The post was blocked/banned not the person. Also it was to promote an event not because the name was used. Search his name of Facebook or Twitter loads of results.

Not it wasnt it was a post nothing about promoting a event.

Not it wasnt it was a post nothing about promoting a event.

Bbq with Tommy Robinson.

Bbq with Tommy Robinson.

That was the sentence posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Thanks yeah have asked this before in other threads but it is notable how right wingers fall for the most obvious spoofers.

There are plenty of spoofers out there selling to liberal types.

A good example is the Goop stuff sold by Gwyneth Palthrow. The same products are also sold by Alex Jones although with different branding due to the different markets. I'm not sure how Jones rebrands the vagina stones but he might be able to get some help from Gavin McInnes who shoved a dildo up his arse (NSFW) to own the libs.

That was the sentence posted.

I'm lost now . The post wasn't about a bbq with TR? What was it about?

A good example is the Goop stuff sold by Gwyneth Palthrow. The same products are also sold by Alex Jones although with different branding due to the different markets. I'm not sure how Jones rebrands the vagina stones but he might be able to get some help from Gavin McInnes who shoved a dildo up his arse (NSFW) to own the libs.

OMG I cant unsee that ****:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah i'm not clicking on that link. I've been ricrolled before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ogsjw wrote: »
    Yeah have you got any other sources, because a quick scroll through his horrifying feed proves to me that this one is just an alt-right, islamophobic, pro-Israel troll.

Tells you all you need to know about someone when that's their "source".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

This won't be everyone's cup of tea here, but there is a YouTube drummer who has recorded a mini album of metal with Jones' ramblings as vocals.

It's fookin brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Why don't you type the words Alex Jones on your Facebook status and find out?

Provide actual proof...

She sells stuff to gullible people but think that's where the similarities end.

yeah i'm not clicking on that link. I've been ricrolled before.

The link is exactly what it's supposed to be and so much worse than a Rick Roll. Nobody should click it.

Yeah, I know. I'm doing my best here to find the lefty version of the Alt-Right characters but it's not that easy. There isn't really an analogue as much as they try to elevate the likes of Soros and antifa as being influential in the minds of liberal types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Why don't you type the words Alex Jones on your Facebook status and find out?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Can we all at least agree that Gavin McInnes shoving a dildo up his arse is just so Gavin McInnes? Was it a dragon dildo or just plain? No way I'm clicking that link.

Looks like more than just Jones are getting kicked off fb

https://gizmodo.com/later-losers-1834481267

It's especially good to see Milo on that list. May he live the rest of his days in abject poverty for spreading the hateful nonsense that he did.

Deplatforming works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

This won't be everyone's cup of tea here, but there is a YouTube drummer who has recorded a mini album of metal with Jones' ramblings as vocals.

It's fookin brilliant :D
    Posted it here already, but you might like the Alex Jones DOOM remix:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

Cienciano wrote: »
    You've been asked for a source on that and haven't provided one. Sounds like bullshít. And after spending 10 seconds searching facebook has confirmed it to be bullshít.

A bit more research tells me I have to retract my statement...I was wrong.

You cannot mention Alex Jones in a positive manner, but you can criticise him.

• Advertisement

ogsjw wrote: »

Are you an Anti Semite or something?

Now perhaps Facebook will ban criticism of Israel..that would be very interesting wouldn't it.

I'm relieved I have your permission.

A bit more research tells me I have to retract my statement...I was wrong.

I think we both know you may need to retract it again. Keep reading.

Now perhaps Facebook will ban criticism of Israel..that would be very interesting wouldn't it.

Disapproving of Israeli politics =/= Anti Semitic. But you know that, and you're just panicking in all the other things you've gotten wrong too.

For example, I'm not a fan of the Chinese Government and it's policies, but that does not mean I'm racist towards the Chinese people.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I think we both know you may need to retract it again. Keep reading.

Disapproving of Israeli politics =/= Anti Semitic. But you know that, and you're just panicking in all the other things you've gotten wrong too.

For example, I'm not a fan of the Chinese Government and it's policies, but that does not mean I'm racist towards the Chinese people.

Can you read? He said 'Pro Israel' not 'pro Israeli politics'

Sounds Anti Semitic to me.

Nope. But nice try to move the goal posts there.

Generally such statements are in reference to Israeli foreign policy. So you're making shorthand statements into something far more.

Now again, can you provide proof about your claim positive remarks about Jones result in bans on any social media platform?

• Advertisement

You must be thinking of Alex Jones. According to the ADL:
    After the violent alt-right protest in Charlottesville, Va., a year ago, Mr. Jones announced that he suspected that many of the attendees were actually “leftist Jews” in disguise, there to discredit white supremacists and incite violence. “Literally, they’re just Jewish actors,” he said of the white supremacists. “They all look like Howard Stern.”

You might forgive me for thinking that your appeal to anti-semitism isn't in good faith.

You must be thinking of Alex Jones. According to the ADL:

You might forgive me for thinking that your appeal to anti-semitism isn't in good faith.

Jones ex wife and therefore his children are Jewish so I doubt somehow that he is Anti Semitic.

In fact if you anything at all about him you would know that the biggest criticism of him for many years from the 'Alt Right' is his Pro Israel, Pro Jewish stance.

He is also widely regarded to be a 'Mossad disinformation agent'

Again anyone with the slightest amount of knowledge about him would know this

Nice to see Facebook have their priorities straight...

Screen-Shot-2019-05-03-at-15-55-14.png

Yeah, I know. I'm doing my best here to find the lefty version of the Alt-Right characters but it's not that easy. There isn't really an analogue as much as they try to elevate the likes of Soros and antifa as being influential in the minds of liberal types.
    That's because unlike the 'alt right', the left and the centre aren't a cult. Much of the rest of the right isn't either, but they're getting drowned out,which is has to be said is in no small part due to failing to make much noise criticising the far right among them.

There's a reason why you see the same devoted cultists in here talking about "the left are eating themselves!!" whenever there is disagreement about anything among those on the left (or between the left and centre, both of which the far right consider 'leftist'), and it's because they view dissent or disagreement of any sort as weakness.

Hence all the 'solidarity brother' type bullsh*t you see spread among them online also... they view solidarity as more important than themselves or their own interests, which is pretty standard behaviour in a cult. It also goes some way to explain why they repeatedly support things that are actively against their own interests, for no other reason than "everyone else does... solidarity brother!". You can spot these easily, even here in AH, as they become utterly unable to talk about anything that isn't a regurgitated talking point in their far right social media circles. Like, for example, using that alt right Aussie clown from a few posts up as a source.

And when that cult is so reactionary hostile to those that leave, and happily support terrorism, death threats and violence to those who stand against them, you can see why leaving might not be as easy as it seems. Especially after years of buying deeper and deeper into the Cult, being more and more hateful to those around them, to the point of having cut off contact with many non alt right cultists that were in their lives previously.

That is the reality for many in the alt right, they are trapped in a violent cult of misery and hatred. For the rest of us, we are free to have disagreements with people on certain topics despite being on the same (or similar) ends of the political spectrum.

"You're always the victim, and it's never your fault"

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »

What kind of nonsense is that? I was making the point about the inconsistencies in what Facebook deems acceptable.

But then I guess you find whats happening in the photo acceptable...makes sense

Never heard that one before!

You do know there are dozens of Jewish-only groups that are exclusively about protesting Israel's genocidal invasion, right?

Try harder.

Milo had his entire reputation ruined when he said it isn't sexual abuse for an adult to be in a relationship with a thirteen year old...(which it obviously is) So there's a certain irony in what you just posted...

Anyway, still got no proof? Shocker!

What kind of nonsense is that?
    Its the nonsense mantra of the alt right. Time and time again this is the sentence what the logic behind their arguments can be boiled down to.

In this instance: "Poor old PJW, Alex Jones etc are the victims because someone else wasn't banned for something completely different... and it wasn't their fault they repeatedly broke the TOS, because the rules shouldn't apply to them as Facebook is a really big website."

Since you'll probably ask me next as what's outery is also really popular, I do not condone that picture and wouldn't have issue with the person who put it up being banned.

Edit: and lo and behold I see you ninja edited your post to include this:
    But then I guess you find whats happening in the photo acceptable...makes sense

You are a predictable lot, victim complexes, what aboutery, disdain of personal accountability (but only for the alt right) and all.

Jones ex wife and therefore his children are Jewish so I doubt somehow that he is Anti Semitic.

In fact if you anything at all about him you would know that the biggest criticism of him for many years from the 'Alt Right' is his Pro Israel, Pro Jewish stance.

He is also widely regarded to be a 'Mossad disinformation agent'

Again anyone with the slightest amount of knowledge about him would know this

Lots of white racists have non-white friends and partners. It doesn't make them not racist. Roy Moore even has a jew lawyer, don'tya know.

batgoat wrote: »
    Milo had his entire reputation ruined when he said it isn't sexual abuse for an adult to be in a relationship with a thirteen year old...(which it obviously is) So there's a certain irony in what you just posted...

Where did I defend Milo? I happen to think he's a degenerate actually.

But I do not think he should be banned for his political opinions

What kind of nonsense is that? I was making the point about the inconsistencies in what Facebook deems acceptable.

They got rid of Louis Farrakhan too but I don't hear much complaining about that.

Its the nonsense mantra of the alt right. Time and time again this is the sentence what the logic behind their arguments can be boiled down to.

In this instance: "Poor old PJW, Alex Jones etc are the victims because someone else wasn't banned for something completely different... and it wasn't their fault they repeatedly broke the TOS, because the rules shouldn't apply to them as Facebook is a really big website."

Since you'll probably ask me next as what's outery is also really popular, I do not condone that picture and wouldn't have issue with the person who put it up being banned.

Yes but isn't it a bit strange that the TOS don't address sexual depravity involving children. Or rather that the image I posted is not regarded by Facebook as sexual depravity involving children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's not banned for political opinions.

He was banned because he called for "vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight", defending paedophiles, bemoaning the fact that pipe bombs sent to Trump critics didn't explode and starting a hate campaign against Leslie Jones.

Glad to hear you agree about what Milo said about relationships and children.

Which means you will be disgusted by what the photo depicts and outraged that Facebook allow it yes?

• Advertisement

You're attributing it to political opinion. Eg Jones and Paul Joseph Watson actively spread stories that are untrue. They literally make up news. In the case of Jones it resulted in lives being ruined and Watson more often than not pushes a pretty racist agenda. That's pretty reasonable grounds to lob them off the service.

Now got any proof of people being banned from Facebook because of positivity about Jones? Go on, prove it!

Yes but isn't it a bit strange that the TOS don't address sexual depravity involving children. Or rather that the image I posted is not regarded by Facebook as sexual depravity involving children.
    It actually does I would assume, so it would be good to see that taken down also. But it took them years and years of Alex Jones hate mongering before they took him down, so you may be waiting a while.

You're attributing it to political opinion. Eg Jones and Paul Joseph Watson actively spread stories that are untrue. They literally make up news. In the case of Jones it resulted in lives being ruined and Watson more often than not pushes a pretty racist agenda. That's pretty reasonable grounds to lob them off the service.

Now got any proof of people being banned from Facebook because of positivity about Jones? Go on, prove it!

I've set up a Facebook account and posted loving tributes to Jones. I will report back after a while. We'll see what happens

I've set up a Facebook account and posted loving tributes to Jones. I will report back after a while. We'll see what happens
    Link please? I mean since it was set up just for this purpose we should all get to see the experiment.

So you made it up? Btw, you're more likely to be viewed as a bot by doing what you proposed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭gaelwave

Disgusting, depraved animals like that should be jailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

U okay hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

they should have thought about that before having illegal opinions.

• Advertisement

El_Bee wrote: »
    they should have thought about that before having illegal opinions.

Engaging in pretty dishonest behaviour while pretending to be a news outlet is terrible conduct... And in the case of Jones, it's brought him to court...

Advertisement