Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Idea

Options
  • 07-08-2018 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Have been left a 10 acre field a few months back.

I have been debating what to do with it for a while now.

I would like to do something other than rent it out. I had considered putting in a driving range but not so sure if that would be worth it!

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Driving school? There's one here in cork and it seems to be going well. Junctions roundabouts ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You need to be careful that the cost of developing any venture will far outweigh any return you might make from it. How will you finance the development?

Renting it out is not going to bring in much income so if you’re not going to farm it, why don’t you just sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Rave.ef wrote: »
    Driving school? There's one here in cork and it seems to be going well. Junctions roundabouts ect.

I presume you were taking the **** he said driving range. Depends where you are located OP.

What do you do for a living if not farming?

How about organic farming. You will need small credit union or bank loan. Do you have the time to invest in this venture?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Location, location, location..
    If its near a main road, by a town then it might be worth it.... If its miles up a bohreen behind a mountain in the middle of nowhere forget it... Next, would you get planning for any sheds or buildings you need.... (or even just change of use), then it's profitability/return on investment.... And your time too... A business that runs well 3 months of the year without massive capital but demands your attention for that 3 months may well be great.. If you have that 3 months available to give...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Qwerty2018 wrote: »
    Have been left a 10 acre field
    Christmas trees?

(warning old link)
    https://www.teagasc.ie/media/website/publications/2006/44_ChristmasTree.pdf

• Advertisement

I presume you were taking the **** he said driving range. Depends where you are located OP.

What do you do for a living if not farming?

How about organic farming. You will need small credit union or bank loan. Do you have the time to invest in this venture?

I don't understand why you think id be taking the **** OP asked for any ideas. It's an idea. If it's viable or not is another thing but it could be worth looking into.

http://www.munsterdrivingcampus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Rave.ef wrote: »
    I don't understand why you think id be taking the **** OP asked for any ideas. It's an idea. If it's viable or not is another thing but it could be worth looking into.

http://www.munsterdrivingcampus.com

I just thought you misread the OP...driving range = driving school

Yes I can see the connection:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

You could look into forestry as there are grants available. I assume though the return on investment would take quite a while to mature and the return on investment itself would be massive. Depending on your location, I'm sure you could have the land rezoned for housing developments. If not and you wish to stick with the area of farming, you can continue to rent it out to farmers for grazing or cut the grass every so often for fodder as there seems to be a shortage this year given the dry spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

Sell it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

I have a friend who was looking for somewhere to rent for games of laser tag. Like outdoor paintball only no mess left behind! I think he has all the gear so something like this could be easy enough to set up.

Campsite could be an option depending on location. Not sure what facilities you would have to provide though.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bradlin

Qwerty2018 wrote: »
    Have been left a 10 acre field a few months back.

I have been debating what to do with it for a while now.

I would like to do something other than rent it out. I had considered putting in a driving range but not so sure if that would be worth it!

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you considered renting it out to someone who may be interested in using it as a Wind Farm?

Advertisement