Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The man with the kids on the pier

• 07-08-2018 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

The upper level of Dun Laoghaire's East Pier has been closed off (from the bandstand area to the end) for months following storm damage. All of the steps to the upper level have been barricaded up with dire warnings posted.

The other evening I walked up to the end and on the way back I noticed this tall bloke lifting his kids up onto the upper level and, shortly afterwards, he pulled himself up - an impressive athletic effort it must be said - and they continued walking up there all the way down to the bandstand where they had to climb back down again.

A good lesson for his kids that "rules are there to be followed by everyone else but not by us".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Did you get a 99 while you were out there? You're paying too much for the Flake you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Take it to the West-Brit Forum

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

D3V!L wrote: »
    Take it to the West-Brit Forum

Damn straight. The men of 1916 didnt fight and die so that the men of today could actively participate in the rearing of their children. Romantic Ireland is dead and gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Needs a Connemara story for coastal balance... got any OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Mebuntu wrote: »

A good lesson for his kids that "rules are there to be followed by everyone else but not by us".

Rules, shmules.

All rules are mere suggestions, to be cherry picked at will.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Have you thought of starting a facebook campaign OP? Dun Laoghaire people love a good facebook campaign. If they're not complaining about somebody, they're just not happy. Isn't that right, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Have you thought of starting a facebook campaign OP? Dun Laoghaire people love a good facebook campaign. If they're not complaining about somebody, they're just not happy. Isn't that right, OP.
    I wouldn't know, sunshine. I'm not a member of the Dun Laoghaire "people" and am not on Facebook either (I'll leave that to paranoid teenage girls, yourself and other idiots).

I wouldn't know, sunshine. I'm not a member of the Dun Laoghaire "people" and am not on Facebook either (I'll leave that to paranoid teenage girls, yourself and other idiots).

Jaysus, someone's in a grumpy mood. Not enough people liking your Instagram posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Jaysus, someone's in a grumpy mood. Not enough people liking your Instagram posts?
    You won't find me on Instagram either or any other idiotic social media platforms. I only debate subjects with people who have something worthwhile or interesting to say of which it's plain you are not one. Cheers.

You won't find me on Instagram either or any other idiotic social media platforms. I only debate subjects with people who have something worthwhile or interesting to say of which it's plain you are not one. Cheers.

Jaysus, maybe you should have splashed out for that 99 after all. Might have put a smile on your face. Some sprinkles too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

The upper level of Dun Laoghaire's East Pier has been closed off (from the bandstand area to the end) for months following storm damage. All of the steps to the upper level have been barricaded up with dire warnings posted.

The other evening I walked up to the end and on the way back I noticed this tall bloke lifting his kids up onto the upper level and, shortly afterwards, he pulled himself up - an impressive athletic effort it must be said - and they continued walking up there all the way down to the bandstand where they had to climb back down again.

I'm with you OP.
    Most rules are there for good reason, and this kind of parenting pisses me off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Stop trying to be so superior. Boards is essentially a social media platform and most of the time here there's nothing worthwhile or interesting being said especially in AH - furriners/single mothers/travellers/murican guns/dreadful parenting etc on a loop. You're only as good as the other 613,742 people signed up to boards.ie. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

But it's not idiotic

biko wrote: »
    But it's not idiotic

Ah come on now, it's a bit idiotic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Aren't both piers on the east?

Advertisement