Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did You or Friend/Sibling ever own a Toy Tank/Digger/Excavator/Bulldozer?

Options
  • 07-08-2018 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

When I was 5, I owned a friction powered tank with caterpillar tracks. The caterpillars broke quickly.
    At Christmas shortly after, I got a clockwork Bulldozer with caterpillar tracks, which actually was quite effective, and lasted quite a bit(they don't make them like they used to anymore - toys)
    Then there was a long hiatus.
    Roll on 2009, when I bought myself a 3 radio control tiger tanks, not the crabby intrafred radio control either.

They wore out, and there is 1 surviving model, not working and the controller is lost.

I then bought myself a 1/30 pershing tank from maplins. The caterpillars were effective, if a bit too delicate and on the thin side.

It is now thrown out, as I did'nt take a liking to it.

Do you have a caterpillar story?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I used to make tracked vehicles from Meccano parts.

There was an old set which had plastic track links indluded and that was good for making military tanks.

Later I learned how to make excavators and bulldozers with all metal tracks. Those track links were Meccano parts, joined together by use of links from a split up bicycle chain.

No pics, but if you search Youtube for "Meccano Exhibition" you'll see plenty of supermodels.

Advertisement