Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV Installation

Options
  • 07-08-2018 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking to get Solar PV installed and I seen the Electric Ireland customer. I am wondering do you need to have ELectric Ireland as your provider to get the PV installed?

If you move to Electric Ireland to take up offerdo you have to be a customer for a set period of time?

I have been with 2 different suppliers on level pay for last 2 years, neither has been ELectric Ireland but I could show accounts etc. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Shefwedfan,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Non Electric Ireland customers can avail of Electric Ireland's Solar PV offer, however they are required to make full payment in one transaction, whereas Electric Ireland customers can spread out repayments over 36 months.

A new Electric Ireland customer can avail of the offer once they start paying bills by direct debit. You will receive a switching bonus and a continuous saving off your usage if you make the switch. The Sales team can advise further on sales@electricireland.ie or 1850 30 50 90 (open until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 5.30pm on Saturdays). The Sales agent will require your electricity meter point reference number (MPRN), GPRN for gas if relevant, up-to-date meter-reading(s) and bank details.

The Home Services team are the people to contact about the Solar PV offer, on homeservices@electricireland.ie or 1850 372 333 (open until 6pm Monday to Friday).

The system of the same balance being collected every month is available from Electric Ireland and it is called the Equaliser - it can be set up for electricity for a minimum of two bills (based on meter-readings) and it can be set up for gas immediately.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Thanks Una

Do you need to be a customer of Electric Irelands for 12 months before you can use the repayments option? Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Shefwedfan,

We are happy to advise. No, it is just a case of waiting until you have started paying bills. As there is a switching credit, it may be necessary to wait until this is cleared. There just needs to be a short history of payment on the account. For further clarification on this though, we recommend contacting the Home Services team.

Best regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hi Shefwedfan,

We are happy to advise. No, it is just a case of waiting until you have started paying bills. As there is a switching credit, it may be necessary to wait until this is cleared. There just needs to be a short history of payment on the account. For further clarification on this though, we recommend contacting the Home Services team.

Best regards,
    Una
    Thanks, I am in contact with them.

Advertisement