Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa w/ Driving Without Insurance Conviction

Options
  • 07-08-2018 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I got this 2 years ago and got a 2 year ban. First and only offence.

Would it be possible to be denied admission or any kind of visas (e.g. employee transfer visa) with such a conviction?
    Anyone have experiences with this or a similar conviction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You had a clean sheet yet you got a two year ban for driving with no insurance?

Anyway to answer your question, it's unlikely to be a blocker for a visa or ESTA.

For convictions not involving drugs or violence, the benchmark is 'moral turpitude' and a conviction for driving with no insurance would not cross that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Apply for ESTA and pay the $14, and see

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

biko wrote: »

What do you suggest the OP says in reply to the question as to whether he/she has a conviction for a crime involving 'moral turpitude'?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I found a video about this

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

coylemj wrote: »
    You had a clean sheet yet you got a two year ban for driving with no insurance?

2 court letters sent to old address.
    Got all 3 at once a few months later - the third told me to send on my license.

I guess they thought I was cheeky for not showing up. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

biko wrote: »

Thanks for your response.

I figured there might be a difference between how they'd consider it for ESTA and how they'd do it for a longer term (non-holiday) visa.

Advertisement