Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed - North County Dublin

Options
  • 07-08-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi all

Apologies if this thread has been asked a million times already.  I am looking to buy my first ever shed, 8ft x 6ft, I live in North County Dublin, am looking for recommendations on where to get one?  Have done the usual google search but would rather if someone could personally recommend a place to purchase one? 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I live in Oldtown and when at last years Ideal Homes & DIY show I ordered a shed from Clane Steel Sheds for delivery (C.O.D.) in early 2018. It was delivered and assembled in February. I have had no problems with it. (No connection etc etc...)
    https://www.clanesteelgardensheds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Jones Garden Centre in Donabate have a display of Adman sheds, and I think Steeltech have a branch in Julianstown. Both of these are steel sheds, not sure if you're looking for this or wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Thanks for the responses folks, shall look into these, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Not meaning to hi-jack (and I'm sure the OP would also appreciate...), anyone recommend a wooden shed?
    I'm in NCD also, looking for a smaller shed (7/8 x 5 to fit behind a garage), but would prefer a wooden shed. I understand a metal shed it's more difficult to hang a shel, or put hooks etc up to hang stuff on.

Zulu wrote: »
    Not meaning to hi-jack (and I'm sure the OP would also appreciate...), anyone recommend a wooden shed?
    I'm in NCD also, looking for a smaller shed (7/8 x 5 to fit behind a garage), but would prefer a wooden shed. I understand a metal shed it's more difficult to hang a shel, or put hooks etc up to hang stuff on.

I've a Wooden shed i got off Funshog Garden Sheds about 2.5 years ago. I got it plastered inside and wired for electricity. I've moved it about, jacked it up on stilts, lifted it with a crane, etc. and gave it a bit more of a beating than a shed would generally expect to get (it's a 16x11 foot shed, so not too small) and it's still grand. No real issues with it at all.

I think steel sheds may require a tad less maintenance than a wooden one, but i prefer the warmer, cleaner and nicer look of a wooden shed (in my opinion). Wood has a bit of a warmth to it's appearance, whereas steel always looks (to me) like it belongs in an industrial estate.

So to each their own, but i prefer wooden sheds myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Got a really solid shed off this guy, delivered to and assembled in Clonsilla, prices were excellent for quality when we bought about 7 years ago, shed is as good as the day it arrived.

http://www.robertmcdowell.ie/#

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Check out Baumanns Stillorgan, got a shed about 20 years ago and still as good as new. Very interesting shop otherwise, loads of pet supplies and fishing tackle. Worth a wander around if you're ever in the area.

Advertisement