Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Card has charges

Options
  • 07-08-2018 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I cancelled my BOI credit card last month and received confirmation letter from BOI to say card was cancelled. I logged into 365 and i see a 30 euro stamp duty charge. I cant clear it as account was closed.  Can you please advise what should have happened here, was a charge applied even i recieved confirmation that the account was closed. 

Regards,
    ronan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Ronan,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

This charge still would still be applicable as it is charged for the previous year.
    Just to add this charge is a government stamp duty. We collect this tax on behalf of the revenue each year on April 1st or upon account closure. Further details on Government Stamp Duty can be found on www.revenue.ie.

Many thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

hi,

I already paid government stamp duty of €30 on the 2nd of April 2018...  This  additional government charge was applied on the 1st of July 2018, is that another 30 for the 3 months?

I tried to send a payment to the card to get it cleared and closed with but the money bounced back to my new bank account saying 
    "SCT CC DATA BOL RETURNS BOI / RFB/CLOSINGGAC"

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ronan001,

If you held the card for part of this year the stamp duty would be applied. We’d suggest calling the credit card team to check if you’re still expected to make this payment.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement