Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy theorists: A few questions. Not trolling. Curious.

• 07-08-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I am NOT a conspiracy theorist:
    I believe the towers fell due to the fire from the planes and not demolished.
    I believe man walked on the moon.
    I believe there are no child actors pretending to be shooting survivors
    I do believe JFK assassination does not add up.
    I believe that the world is not flat.
    I believe that trails from jets are NOT spreading chemicals.
    I believe that the government is not trying to control me through flouride in water.
    I believe that aliens are not ruling the world.

Now, you are not going to convince me otherwise so don't try.

I'm not trying to insult anyone and I'm not here to say either of us is right or wrong (Hence me emphasizing my opinions are on my beliefs and what I take as fact). I'm just curious about your thoughts.
    • Do you believe that ALL governmental reports are propaganda/have an ulterior motive?
    • Do you automatically assume that ALL mainstream media is doing the same?
    • Have you ever been convinced FROM a theory?
    • Where do you draw the line? I mean which is a conspiracy too-far for you and how do you see people who believe in those theories?
    • If you are inclined to be a conspiracy theorist about one subject do you think you are more likely to be a conspiracy theorist about multiple subjects?
    • What would you consider a legitimate news source?

Again, I'm saying this as a non conspiracy theorist but I'm trying to be respectful so I would hope that you would offer me the same respect you expect: I'm not a sheep or a sleepwalker or simple. I don't accept everything I read.

Anyway, thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Hi folks,
    I am NOT a conspiracy theorist:
    I believe the towers fell due to the fire from the planes and not demolished.
    I believe man walked on the moon.
    I believe there are no child actors pretending to be shooting survivors
    I do believe JFK assassination does not add up.
    I believe that the world is not flat.
    I believe that trails from jets are NOT spreading chemicals.
    I believe that the government is not trying to control me through flouride in water.
    I believe that aliens are not ruling the world.

Now, you are not going to convince me otherwise so don't try.

I'm not trying to insult anyone and I'm not here to say either of us is right or wrong (Hence me emphasizing my opinions are on my beliefs and what I take as fact). I'm just curious about your thoughts.
    • Do you believe that ALL governmental reports are propaganda/have an ulterior motive?
    • Do you automatically assume that ALL mainstream media is doing the same?
    • Have you ever been convinced FROM a theory?
    • Where do you draw the line? I mean which is a conspiracy too-far for you and how do you see people who believe in those theories?
    • If you are inclined to be a conspiracy theorist about one subject do you think you are more likely to be a conspiracy theorist about multiple subjects?
    • What would you consider a legitimate news source?

Again, I'm saying this as a non conspiracy theorist but I'm trying to be respectful so I would hope that you would offer me the same respect you expect: I'm not a sheep or a sleepwalker or simple. I don't accept everything I read.

Anyway, thoughts?

I attempt to answer this. I don't believe everything is a conspiracy there plenty of people who believe things I don't.

I often question the official narrative of doesn't add up in any way. It would be problematic if it was only people on the web shouting foul and no on the ground research was carried out by researchers.

Flat Earth don't believe in, We went to the Moon we did but I think some Photographs were faked and clear evidence of that. Chemtrails sound stupid to me personally read a bit about it doesn't convince me the evidence.

The conspiracies with evidence I believe in
    You even saw last year how the CIA and FBI stepped in to prevent hundreds of JFK files from being seen by the public. They told Trump it was a national security issue and fundamentally could harm the US interests in releasing the files. Trump was forced into classifying the files again till 2021 but in reality, they probably never be released. For a cold case that's 60 years ago and involved a lone nut, you got to wonder what the big fuss about?

UFOs
    Even 2years ago you be laughed at for believing in this, but we now know the US military has observed these crafts flying around in our skies. We know now the Pentagon was actively studying this and we also now know there is other UFO projects run by the US military.

9/11 It not debatable any more Saudi government officials funded the 9/11 attacks the evidence for this is out there now.

Where don't sides agree is was there a covert operation also take down the tower with explosives? Was the Pentagon attack a false flag event? I don't think the sides will ever agree on this unless something leaks out?

Advertisement