Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Mavic Air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Thinking about the Air 2, just wanted to ask here:

Buying from DJI ireland ok?

When selecting the Air 2, it asks do I want extra cover protection ? What is standard? My last Air had to be replaced due to faulty gimbal but they did it free of charge.

Fly more combo worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

jogdish wrote:

jogdish wrote:
    Yep, buying from DJI directly is safest.
    jogdish wrote:
    When selecting the Air 2, it asks do I want extra cover protection ? What is standard? My last Air had to be replaced due to faulty gimbal but they did it free of charge.
    That's a manufacturer fault so would be replaced under warranty. The extra cover would mean DJI would replace/repair in a crash or loss over water situation.
    jogdish wrote:
    Fly more combo worth it?
    Definitely worth it, the batteries alone make it a deal, the case is a nice bonus.

It's a fantastic drone with lots of nice upgrades on the first version. I'm really tempted by the flight time and quieter props, too broke at present though!

Let us know how you get on if you do get one..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

jogdish wrote: »

Fly more combo worth it?

That would have been covered under free warranty- the extra insurance is if its your fault - they will fix or replace the drone for a small fee. I didnt get it for my dji stuff.

I was going get the mavic air 2 , but am considering getting from us - the eu model is missing some hardware features yet is more expensive.
    Waiting for eu reviews before finally deciding.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    That would have been covered under free warranty- the extra insurance is if its your fault - they will fix or replace the drone for a small fee. I didnt get it for my dji stuff.

I was going get the mavic air 2 , but am considering getting from us - the eu model is missing some hardware features yet is more expensive.
    Waiting for eu reviews before finally deciding.

What's it missing in EU?

Also, Air was WiFi but nerf'd here due to power output restrictions? While Air 2 is Occusync 2.0 would that be nerf'd here too?

What's it missing in EU?

Also, Air was WiFi but nerf'd here due to power output restrictions? While Air 2 is Occusync 2.0 would that be nerf'd here too?

Yes all dji drones are throttled for power in EU - usually by software so if you bring it on holiday to say USA - it runs full power again while you are there-

The EU DJI Mini though is throttled in hardware (physically different electronics).
    I don't know yet if the EU (CE) Air 2 will be throttled by software or hardware - I like to take mine on holidays - so hopefully they don't do it in hardware like the Mini.
    Never the less - the power you get is supposed to be plenty in CE, but they said that also about the Spark and it was lousy in CE areas - hence why Im waiting for CE Mavic Air 2 reviews.
    (Note: to add.. more power is for a nice stable, glitch free picture in built up areas - there are range limits you should stick to of course)

But.. definitely - the EU Mavic Air 2 is missing AirSense hardware (blamed on the virus shutdowns) - this warns you of nearby aircraft - it doesn't transmit just listens - so definitely a plus.
    as well as being nice to have - there is the issue that in 2022 - there is a possibility that any drones of this size without this feature may be banned from flying in EU. Not sure if only commercially or all drones.

DJi say Revision 2 of the Mavic Air 2 for CE in a few months may come with the module...

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

DJi say Revision 2 of the Mavic Air 2 for CE in a few months may come with the module...

Good to know thanks, was going to hold off till i see reviews (not influencers) on youtube.

Forgot to add, the fly more includes ND filters which is a nice bonus.

Thanks for the info, the Mavic air 2 in EU thing is annoying, don't like the idea of spending serious money and not getting features.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

tbh I'd expect possibility to change FCC/CE modes on the go just like with Air

ok, just been on the chat with DJI and they've confirmed than CE will switch to FCC
    As per checking it is auto switching depending on the transmission you are flying on.
    09:16

yeah I know that its switching between 2.4 and 5GHz bands

just before I make an order I want to be sure that it will switch from CE to FCC mode while I'll be in the US

Yes
    09:17

It should be

so it will for sure right?
    09:18

dont really want to spend over 1000 euros if doesnt, will rather stay with my Air :)

It should switch I can assure you .

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the above replies, so I just completed the sale of my Air - I put it up for sale once I seen the Air2, only now (yes my own fault) am I learning about the potential downsides.

Kinda annoyed with myself, but hopefully it was close the best time to sell the Air.

jogdish wrote:
    Thanks for all the above replies, so I just completed the sale of my Air - I put it up for sale once I seen the Air2, only now (yes my own fault) am I learning about the potential downsides.

What did you get for it? Was it the fly more combo, or just the standard version?

Thanks in advance!

Deliveries started today and Starting to see reports of poor connections in CE mode - thats really disappointing :/ ... hopefully just their locations.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ma2-not-going-farther-than-1km-in-fairly-congested-wifi-area.87412/

“Roll it back”

Deliveries started today and Starting to see reports of poor connections in CE mode - thats really disappointing :/ ... hopefully just their locations.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ma2-not-going-farther-than-1km-in-fairly-congested-wifi-area.87412/

I knew it was too good to be true, this, missing hardware, no C1 class.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I knew it was too good to be true, this, missing hardware, no C1 class.

A big pinch of salt with those forums!

I'd want to see a decent comparison in the same area with a Mavic 2 Pro (even the orig. Mavic!)...

theothernt wrote: »
    A big pinch of salt with those forums!

I'd want to see a decent comparison in the same area with a Mavic 2 Pro (even the orig. Mavic!)...

You will go nuts looking at forums and posts, best to give it a month or so you have your favorite influencer(s) on youtube and forums here and there, average it out.

Do we 'know' anyone in EU region getting/got an Air 2?

A neighbour ordered one, due to arrive in the next couple of days?

ah well, feck it.. ordering one now :)

ah well, feck it.. ordering one now :)
    I feel bad asking does anyone order one now, I'm purley here to lurk and ask whats it like once you get it :)
    Hope you post some impressions

• Advertisement

I feel bad asking does anyone order one now, I'm purley here to lurk and ask whats it like once you get it :)
    Hope you post some impressions

will do for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Ordered a week ago and it is still prcessing my order :(

mossy95 wrote: »
    Ordered a week ago and it is still prcessing my order :(

where did you order yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭BeerFarts

Ordered mine on the 28th, shipped on Friday the 8th with DHL from Shenzhen, China but no updates since.

Anyone know what's the deal with customs charges on these? I ordered from DJI directly which directed to the Irish part of the store and kinda expected it to come from Europe.

BeerFarts wrote: »
    Ordered mine on the 28th, shipped on Friday the 8th with DHL from Shenzhen, China but no updates since.

Anyone know what's the deal with customs charges on these? I ordered from DJI directly which directed to the Irish part of the store and kinda expected it to come from Europe.

If comes from China with your address as final destination, DHL will charge you import VAT on collection most likely

If comes from China with your address as final destination, DHL will charge you import VAT on collection most likely

Especially DHL - they get to charge an extra fee for collecting VAT- so they make sure they catch them all to get their cut. I always avoid DHL - hate paying the high fee they charge for collecting small vat amounts.

But if the DJI site have already charged Irish vat rate on your order then there is no more to pay of course.

“Roll it back”

Thanks to those for taking the plunge, hopefully we can get a small repo or buying experiences and impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

where did you order yours?

Straight from DJI in China.

Today they updated to say it finally shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kkk1985

hi guys.

relatively new to dji drones but thinking of taking the plunge and buying the new mavic air 2 combo. ive been having a look through this thread amongst others and can see that harvey norman have it for the same price as dji website. 1049 euro.
    wonder would i end up getting it faster through HN?
    just a thought seen as some of you seem to be having delays getting it shipped out of china...
    cheers

• Advertisement

My neighbour got his Mavic Air 2 today, I spent the evening going through setup, first flight, tips, etc.

Btw, it took 3 days to get from China to Dublin - it shipped on Sunday!

Advertisement