Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of Poland 2018 through Nico's Diary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

he didn't start today's stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Hopefully he'll recover soon. It must hell trying to ride the bike in that condition

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yikes hadnt realised that he had dropped out... torrid time alright.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Was wondering why I didn't hear his name mentioned today during the stage as Eurosport nearly always give him a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Such bad luck

Was in top form too and skinniest he has been in a long time ...needs a result after the Giro and now food poisoning...looking for a team for 2019

• Advertisement

Kwaito has the race sown up now I believe

SKY will tap out the next stages

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

odyssey06 wrote: »

What is even harder is that he may not be picked for the Vuelta if he cant show something ... such pressure

Lets hope Norway goes well and he manages to get a result....top 10 would do..just to show he can do the Vuelta

Cycling i so fickle...Richie Porte crashes out of GTs all the time and he is off to the Vuelta ...Nico abandons one GT and he is on the ropes !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Richie Porte is in fairness there main GC contender and has a few wins the last few years. You'd hope they looked at his Vuelta history and brought him though.

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Kwaito has the race sown up now I believe

SKY will tap out the next stages

Yeah and even in the finishes he looks too strong for Teuns and the others. Teuns hasn't looked bad though.

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    Richie Porte is in fairness there main GC contender and has a few wins the last few years. You'd hope they looked at his Vuelta history and brought him though.

Porte is a fine rider and one of he best climbers in the world but his GT record is actually very poor ...that was my point

The thing about cycling ...its all about potential rather that actual and you are only as good as your last race

Advertisement