Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blind pimples?

Options
  • 07-08-2018 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else get blind pimples?

I've been getting them for the past few months and always in the same area; to the right of my chin area.

They are quite large lumps under the skin that never come to a head and are barely visible but you can feel them.
    They're quite sore too.

What do you do to get rid of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I have been getting these a lot lately! My sister, who is a make up artist and beautician, recommended this for me...she actually just picked it up for me today :) She said it's very gentle and to use it twice a week to remove excess oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

jellybear wrote: »
    I have been getting these a lot lately! My sister, who is a make up artist and beautician, recommended this for me...she actually just picked it up for me today :) She said it's very gentle and to use it twice a week to remove excess oil.

Oh thanks so much! I was hoping there'd be an easy to find product.

I haven't used it yet but hopefully it'll help! They're so painful and I usually have very good skin so I'm hoping it helps to clear them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I haven't used it yet but hopefully it'll help! They're so painful and I usually have very good skin so I'm hoping it helps to clear them up.

I usually have good skin too and rarely get breakouts but I get one of these pimples, it heals but then another comes. It's a never ending cycle. And yes they're so sore.

Hope yours clear up soon and thanks again x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I hope this works!! Report back if you can on how it works for you

• Advertisement

Just tried it there and it's a lovely, soft texture so didn't feel like the usual scrubs I use. Will report back in a few days :)

Right so, quick update :) Have used the scrub 3 times and definitely feel and see an improvement in my skin. Now, that could just be that they ran their natural course but the spots are no longer sore and I *touch wood* have no new ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

It sounds like cystic acne to me,normally caused by hormonal issues and the chin is where they normally occur. The most efficient method to treat them is contraceptive pill bot obviously that not suitable for all.

Salicylic acid used daily for a while should clear out any congestion in that area and is a good longer term option.

Advertisement