Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most ridiculous and useless things ever invented Thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Why no arms?!?

Because it's Clitus Clarke :D Cheer him on now Cheer him on now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

From the bathroom, these stupid yokes.

blue-loofah-954093.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

3D tv’s

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

pawdee wrote: »
    The ride-on salad spinner.
    I would so have one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

AllForIt wrote: »

blue-loofah-954093.jpg

I love these!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

A few years ago a guy came up with a wind powered clothes dryer - seemed a tad pointless.

We get allot of wet windy days, maybe not that pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

The Previous/Back navigation widget on Boards.ie...

Like, who gives a bollicks what opinions or information any other poster has posted in respect of the thread topic prior to my unique, erudite and obvious commentary that makes any other comment on said thread entirely moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Bidets ... or as some people know them as ... Feet washers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Researchers now believe your appendix has a function, as a repository of your gut flora, in the event of illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

38d559de46eb37c4bd63eb894f738f2f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

Those curved TV's. Innovation for the sake of it. If I remember correctly their production is being phased out, nobody was interested.

Google glasses.

The Apple watch.

20 years from now we will all be wondering just how tech firms managed to con investors into pouring money into driverless car technology. An utterly unworkable pipe dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The Previous/Back navigation widget on Boards.ie...

Like, who gives a bollicks what opinions or information any other poster has posted in respect of the thread topic prior to my unique, erudite and obvious commentary that makes any other comment on said thread entirely moot.

Is that you Aonghus??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

was, apparently at its time, better than VHS ... but the market still went for VHS , so that won the Betamax vs VHS war ...

Best of the 3 systems was actually Philips' video2000 system. Had auto-reverse so 1 tape had 8 hours of playing time. No quality loss during ffwd or pause.

The worst of the 3 became the standard.

As for the most ridiculous and useless things ever invented.... 80% of "managers" i had or have to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

Bidets ... or as some people know them as ... Feet washers :)

Not such a bad thing in this weather? :p;)

Water John wrote: »
    Researchers now believe your appendix has a function, as a repository of your gut flora, in the event of illness.

oh good - i still have mine :)

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    Those curved TV's. Innovation for the sake of it. If I remember correctly their production is being phased out, nobody was interested.

Google glasses.

The Apple watch.

20 years from now we will all be wondering just how tech firms managed to con investors into pouring money into driverless car technology. An utterly unworkable pipe dream.

how are we doing on the 4K TV stakes? - cant say I would be arsed in getting one meself personally, im happy enough with HD that will do for me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

AllForIt wrote: »

blue-loofah-954093.jpg
    These are great!
    What do most people use? A sponge?

Those dettol no-touch soap dispensers - I like the concept / idea. You dont touch the soap dispenser and get germs ... but then you have to touch the tap handle and then wipe your hands on the towels.... which contain germs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

E-Voting machines.

The iodine tablets in case of nuclear war.

gmisk wrote: »
    These are great!
    What do most people use? A sponge?

hands?

• Advertisement

hands?
    But with shower gel you would end up using a lot more I would think?
    With a sponge or shower puff (or whatever the heck those are called) you can get a lather going with very little.

those table top halogen oven things are pretty useless arent they (the ones with the big glass bowl and the halogen element in the top part) - bought one out of aldi once found you could only fit about 2 chips in it or half a drumstick and it was full up , no more room. - used it maximum of 5 times then shoved it at back of kitchen cupboard never to see daylight again ...

gmisk wrote: »
    But with shower gel you would end up using a lot more I would think?
    With a sponge or shower puff (or whatever the heck those are called) you can get a lather going with very little.

wouldnt a flannel do the same .. and not look so poncy in the process? :)

OSI wrote: »
    They're not side lights, they're parking lights. You're supposed to leave them on when.... parking! Parked on a road with no street lighting and limited visibility? Turn on the parking lights to reduce the chances of a car smashing the **** out of your own.

I thought parking lights were those ones on some cars where just the front and rear lights on one side only lights up (so it dont drain down battery) - seen them on cars in the past where they just light up on one side.

anyway the rear cluster normally has red reflectors in them so (if the numpty has some headlights on) can see from the reflectors in the rear lights that there is a car parked (unless they are blind as a bat in which case they shouldnt be driving) - on the front of the car the front numberplate should be reflective as well to stop people driving into the front of you when you are parked up.

A flannel?!
    I honestly didnt think anyone used them anymore
    It also reminds me of
    https://youtu.be/jSJQEl5vcAo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Came across this last week- the Grillbot- a robot for cleaning your BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Is that you Aonghus??

Hi. This is Urcus.. I'm Aonghus' younger brother.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A flannel doesn't soap you up as much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Dog and cat butt covers. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Advertisement