Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Update

Options
  • 07-08-2018 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Tesco (Sligo) has undergone a long over due update. What do you think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Possibly the biggest change since Quinnsworth became Tesco. The layout is definitely less convenient but it probably brings it into line with other stores.

I really dislike the new car park. My initial impression is that it actually less safe - to be fair tho, I don't like change at the best of times and I've only been there once since the revamp. Feels like they've lost a few parking spaces too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

dingding wrote: »
    Tesco (Sligo) has undergone a long over due update. What do you think.

Knock it and rebuild it from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

EmptyTree wrote: »
    I really dislike the new car park. My initial impression is that it actually less safe - to be fair tho, I don't like change at the best of times and I've only been there once since the revamp. Feels like they've lost a few parking spaces too.

The Car Park has nothing to do with Tesco.

Don't like the new store layout but I believe is not finished yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

prodsc wrote: »
    The Car Park has nothing to do with Tesco.
    Granted. Still thought it was worth a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

New decor, and regig of layout. Not much of an update. Still horrible to get around.

Needs to be leveled and rebuilt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Tesco is way too small and claustrophobic in sligo. Always use Dunnes now the wide open spaces are a pleasure to get around. That part of town needs a makeover and a multi-story carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I wish they'd knock that block where the Chinese is. You could get a three story car park there, with one underground. The only thing it would effect view wise is the cathedral.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

That block in which Tesco and Penneys resides could be knocked and replaced by a somewhat better looking shopping centre, that if they were to go up a few storeys as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    That block in which Tesco and Penneys resides could be knocked and replaced by a somewhat better looking shopping centre, that if they were to go up a few storeys as well.

A bigger better Tesco's could work, maybe even on the existing footprint of the arcade. If the whole shop floor space took over OHares, Cex, the News Agents, the remaining couple of smaller units, and walkway. Where the existing upstairs is, have a small food court, maybe even run by OHares if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

mg1982 wrote: »
    Tesco is way too small and claustrophobic in sligo. Always use Dunnes now the wide open spaces are a pleasure to get around. That part of town needs a makeover and a multi-story carpark.

I think the issue was that there was to be a big development in the car park / dunnes / pennys and tesco with Treasury Holdings back in the day. That fell through and it looks like the individual stores and the car park are being refurbished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

dingding wrote: »
    I think the issue was that there was to be a big development in the car park / dunnes / pennys and tesco with Treasury Holdings back in the day. That fell through and it looks like the individual stores and the car park are being refurbished.

Thats right during the celtic tiger years but when the recession hit it all went belly up. Its a shame cos its the main shopping area in town and it could do with an upgrade. The parking is a disaster in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    I dont know this store personally but a lot of these type of stores are built privately and leased to the large retailers particularly if they are located in shopping centres. If that were the case here then Tesco would have to look for their own private site to develop a decent store.

As i said I dont know the situation personally so perhaps the above is not applicable :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I suppose it was just a thought on my behalf. The general look of the building when entering the car park is a bit unsightly.

Advertisement