Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a factual statement, got banned

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Current scientific thinking holds that transgenderism is not a mental illness. The World Health Organisation has reclassified transgenderism so that it is no longer considered a mental disorder.

Your comment was a statement of opinion, not of fact. Posting the way you did could well be considered as trolling which is a breach of our forum charters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

WHO proposed the change a mere month ago and have still to be approve it. 2019 I believe.

Our health system still sees it as a mental disorder.

"could well be considered as trolling". Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A reminder that only the OP, CMods and Admins, or anyone invited by CMods or Admins, can post in DR threads. Any other posts will be deleted.

Back to the OP. You need to consider how provactive your statement could be seen as, and factor that into your argument for appeal.

In the meantime, I’ll ask a CMod to review as per the DR process. Please post the full PM exchange with mod here, or have it ready to share with the CMod.

First pm above, last pm below:

I'm not arguing with you. Ban upheld. Go to DRP if you wish.

Just so you know, the link in your ban message is wrong.
    This is the drp forum https://www.boards.ie/...umdisplay.php?f=1397

In your opening post you can say you spoke to me and I'm upholding the ban.

Quote: doylefe
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/az/g/gender-dysphoria/

Mental health issue in this jurisdiction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi doyle

I have been looking at this for you. Unfortunately I am in no way qualified to determine if your statement is true or not. I am waiting on a boards policy decision now.
    Hopefully it will come soon

• Advertisement

The month ban will be up before this is sorted.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

doylefe wrote: »
    The month ban will be up before this is sorted.

OK I've had a look at the HSE link you provided. Could you please quote the exact wording you are relying on. My reading is it indictes precisely the opposite of what you are suggesting.

Gender Dysphoria is a condition. Simple as.

WHO will make a change to the definition to come into effect 2019 or 2022.

Ergo, it is currently and has previously been classified as a mental health condition.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

From your link
    The exact cause of gender dysphoria is unknown and there is much debate over the possible causes of gender dysphoria.
    Causes of gender dysphoria most likely involve a number of different factors. Recent studies have suggested that there may be biological causes associated with the development of gender identity before birth.

This is suggesting it's a biological condition

Please provide me with a quote from that link which states as a "fact" (as you claim) it is a mental condition

You're getting too hung up on that one link.

It's a condition, and the recommendation treatment is to visit a mental health professional.

It's a mental health condition in all but name due to careful wording to fit the narrative.

• Advertisement

You were the one who provided the link to support your case. I have given you further opportunities to provide backup which you have failed to do

OK - decision made - I'm upholding the ban as I think you have deliberately tried to confuse the situation throughout your posting in this thread.

The whole basis of your appeal was you "made a factual statement" which is patently not the case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement