Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D7/D15 Solicitor recommendations for semi-d sale

Options
  • 07-08-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Sorry I know these threads come up regularly.

But they are usually on the purchasing side, but I need to sell, and are all private messages anyway, so I thought I'd try asking again.

And yes, I know a solicitor that can do one side, can likely do the other side just as well... nevertheless...

Should fees for the selling side be cheaper than purchasing?

Ive got one all-in vat inclusive price that is a little over 2k. Seems a bit high to me, although does come with a personal recommendation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Stanford

"And yes, I know a solicitor that can do one side, can likely do the other side just as well... nevertheless..."

Not sure what you mean by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Stanford wrote: »
    "And yes, I know a solicitor that can do one side, can likely do the other side just as well... nevertheless..."

Not sure what you mean by this?

I just mean that any solicitor recommended after a successful purchase is likely to be just as good on the purchasing side, nevertheless I'd like a recommendation from people who actually used a particular solicitor on the sell side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Stanford

I understand, I think you'll find that recommendations for individual legal advice are not allowed on here.

As regards cost most solicitors will quote a flat fee which will include their fee, stamp duty, outlay and VAT, its impossible to know how much this will be unless one knows more about the property concerned i.e. new, second hand etc. and any title difficulties etc. Stay away from those solicitors who charge a sliding fee based on the value of the property, there is often no sense to this as buying/selling a semi-d or a Georgian pile can be equally straight forward unless there are hidden costs and issues which the solicitor has to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Stanford wrote: »
    I understand, I think you'll find that recommendations for individual legal advice are not allowed on here.

As regards cost most solicitors will quote a flat fee which will include their fee, stamp duty, outlay and VAT, its impossible to know how much this will be unless one knows more about the property concerned i.e. new, second hand etc. and any title difficulties etc. Stay away from those solicitors who charge a sliding fee based on the value of the property, there is often no sense to this as buying/selling a semi-d or a Georgian pile can be equally straight forward unless there are hidden costs and issues which the solicitor has to deal with.

Thanks.

Recommendations are allowed by private message. Im not looking for legal advice at all.

Surely stamp duty is only on the purchase side, not for sellers? And it is my understanding that when selling, almost all solicitor fees are professional fees, and the other bits are a relatively small component of the overall price? So yes to a fixed price, but what is a reasonable price? Is a fixed price of 2.1k including vat ok for a straightforward sale?

Advertisement