Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Anymore?

Lukaku, Bailly, Lindelöf, dalot, pogba, Fred.

Ibra - short term signing, allowed us to sign pog. Miki and Sanchez older. Do we really count grant, as third choice keeper, again Jose in this respect?

Matic to add experience to midfield utterly justifiable.

He wanted an experienced defender as the two young signings haven't done it.

This narrative that Jose has been totally short term in signings is insane.

Look at the players he’s tried to sign in the last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sick of mourinho. Never suited Utd and never will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Potch disgracefully not" backed" in the summer by the greedy board yet has 9 points with two away games.

Jose gets two players but it's not down to him. Can't wait to see the usual suspects do the mental gymnastics with this and defend the proven winner jose.
    And you could barely wait till the final whistle :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Nice touch from Jose with Shaw there.

I know pride will be hurt, but am I the only person who is baffled at that result given the game that was in it? Until the first Spurs goal I thought United were the better side and we had improved massively on the previous week. The defence being such a shambles is a surprise. The players aren't good enough but Mourinho normally organises a solid team.

Jones hobbling around contributed to the first two goals, with that in mind there was an element of spurs riding their luck but we shouldn't have capitulated like that and the defensive problems remain the greatest issue. A side with little to no character, Pogba pushing for a move whilst playing like that is pathetic. He was bullied by spurs, he needs kick in the backside.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Lord TSC wrote:
    Jose standing in front of the crowd, tears in eyes....that was a "Thanks and goodbye" to me.

I thought the very same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Cant believe anyone could be shocked by what were seeing tonight. We all knew what we needed after last year's shti shows and this wasn't addressed in close season. Getting rid of mourinho still doesn't address that this team is still not good enough to challenge for the title or European honours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

shane. wrote: »
    Look at the players he’s tried to sign in the last year

Yeah, older players to compliment the younger guys. Do we need to build a squad of 21 year old to dispel the BS narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That's the end of our title chances, it's worse we're getting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Headshot wrote: »
    This what happens when you don't have a ****ing settled defence and it's on Jose's head.

He'll blame the summer transfer window but he has a lot to answer for all the same.

Ddg smalling jones valencia ans shaw ya sure they barely recognise each other id say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

pjohnson wrote: »
    And you could barely wait till the final whistle :pac:

I think most utd fans were praying for the final whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

elbyrneo wrote: »
    The negativity in this thread is awful. It's three games in.

I don't think this squad should be worried about relegation at all. In fact I wouldn't be surprised of a top half finish.

We’ve just been hammered at home by Spurs, this is coming off the back of a p1ss poor performance against Brighton. People have every right to be negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Pogba - our World Cup winner that goes missing !!! Can we talk about his la k of involvement in this united squad !! Disgraceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lukaku scores that chance its a different game but yet again lets himself down when it really matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    That's the end of our title chances, it's worse we're getting.

Title lost in week 3.

wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Potch disgracefully not" backed" in the summer by the greedy board yet has 9 points with two away games.

Jose gets two players but it's not down to him. Can't wait to see the usual suspects do the mental gymnastics with this and defend the proven winner jose.

Tbf Spurs have no glaring issues in their squad, additions are always welcome but they weren't short anywhere. Plus, with a new stadium there was a financial reason for not giving a big budget. United have no such excuses.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jose standing in front of the crowd, tears in eyes....that was a "Thanks and goodbye" to me.

I suppose all we can do is hope. He's a beaten docket.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

bangkok wrote: »
    Prob 80-1 for title after tonight and out of the title race

Don't be silly, it's only 50-1

Man-U-Odds1535403715.png

Cant believe anyone could be shocked by what were seeing tonight. We all knew what we needed after last year's shti shows and this wasn't addressed in close season. Getting rid of mourinho still doesn't address that this team is still not good enough to challenge for the title or European honours.

Yep, we sack Jose and we still need at least one cb.

If Shaw can continue like this LB is his and happy for it. Need yo give dalot a chance at RB, to be fair.

elbyrneo wrote: »
    The negativity in this thread is awful. It's three games in.

I don't think this squad should be worried about relegation at all. In fact I wouldn't be surprised of a top half finish.

The negativity shown by the club in the summer is more awful to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It will at least be amusing when the new manager arrives and some still struggle to figure out why Lindelof/Jones/Smalling/Valencia are still average defenders at best.

°°°°°

Pogba - our World Cup winner that goes missing !!! Can we talk about his la k of involvement in this united squad !! Disgraceful

Can you imagine Roy Keane at 2-0 down?
    Pogba doesn't have the drive required for United, it's never been easy for us, we just had the right mentality, midfield players like Keane and Scholes made it look easy, but they were giving everything in every game.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Too many players that aren't good enough and this isn't surprising as we still have Jones and Smalling starting matches. If Jose leaves, that isn't a magic wand that will fix this club, there is a massive rot within that needs fixing ASAP.

Woodward has not done a good job, there has been no forward planning from him through distinguishing the correct manager for United and the players that are needed. Season is looking over before it began.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everyone is tired of it.

He is a fúcking waster for United, just get through this season while suffering as little drama as possible from and his pimp then move him on next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

limnam wrote: »
    Title lost in week 3.

wow.

You can’t win the title before Christmas, but you can certainly lose it.

bangkok wrote: »
    Lukaku scores that chance its a different game but yet again lets himself down when it really matters

Maybe. But at the same time that shouldn't be the difference between winning and losing 3-0. We shouldn't need the opposition to gift us a goal for us to have a chance at getting something out of the game.

• Advertisement

Hundreds of millions spent by Jose and that's the muck we have to look at.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

nullzero wrote: »
    Enjoying yourself?

United won their first Premier League title the first year I saw them live. I've never known anything but near constant success. So it's depressing looking at them in their current state. An odious little manager and at least 10 players in the squad that just do not look or play like United players. And yet I'll be traipsing over and back all year, paying hand over fist to watch the likes of Paul Pogba passing it straight to the opposition outside his own box. So am I enjoying myself? Give a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

The negativity shown by the club in the summer is more awful to me.

That spurs team spent 0 in the summer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

It's August Ray.

C'mon, not so simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pogba doesn't have the drive required for United, it's never been easy for us, we just had the right mentality, midfield players like Keane and Scholes made it look easy, but they were giving everything in every game.

They cared that's the difference. It was about the club and thr football for them not there ****ing brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

NukaCola wrote: »
    Tbf Spurs have no glaring issues in their squad, additions are always welcome but they weren't short anywhere. Plus, with a new stadium there was a financial reason for not giving a big budget. United have no such excuses.

They're a properly balanced team with a clearly defined structure in the way they play. It's no surprise at all that they won. I'd say they expected to win too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pjohnson wrote: »
    It will at least be amusing when the new manager arrives and some still struggle to figure out why Lindelof/Jones/Smalling/Valencia are still average defenders at best.

It should be a massive warning to people that Jose, whose entire stchik is his solid, tight defenses, can't get our defence to look not even good but competant.

3 games, 3 points and a -3 goal difference. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What about matic fred and herrera?

°°°°°

United won their first Premier League title the first year I saw them live. I've never known anything but near constant success. So it's depressing looking at them in their current state. An odious little manager and at least 10 players in the squad that just do not look or play like United players. And yet I'll be traipsing over and back all year, paying hand over fist to watch the likes of Paul Pogba passing it straight to the opposition outside his own box. So am I enjoying myself? Give a guess.

Thought you were a Pool fan.

Glazers Out!

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Hundreds of millions spent by Jose and that's the muck we have to look at.

huh? he wasn't backed sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Valencia, Jones, Smalling all still there since Fergusons time and 3 managers later still starting games..its not just Jose but those before him too at fault

I enjoyed the match as a game of football, results have ceased to bother me since the middle of last season.

Start Matic and Fellaini at centre back cant be any worse

°°°°°

They cared that's the difference. It was about the club and thr football for them not there ****ing brand.

Don't forget the emoji's.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Think on that note tonight I'm going to take a break from the thread for a while. 

Have to plan a move to a new place this weekend and that's enough stress without participating in the debates that will no doubt roll on for the week. 

I'm just hoping we end up beating Burnley.

I hate Levy, but he knows the players needed for the style that he wants to play and gets them cheap.

Woodward is off chasing Bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Yeah, older players to compliment the younger guys. Do we need to build a squad of 21 year old to dispel the BS narrative.

Exactly, what the **** is this obsession with youth. Juve an aging team have been at the business end of the champions league year after year with a team of an average age of 30 plus for years.

• Advertisement

They didn't need to. We definitely did though.

°°°°°

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Give us a few bars of "you'll win nothing with kids".

Glazers Out!

Which of the spurs first 11 do you think glaringly needed to be replaced?

At United it was arguabky the entire back line.

Maybe Shaw sorts LB (looked very good tonight imo). Not one cb you can trust. Maybe our 19yo RB with 6 competitive games sorts that.

°°°°°

edgecutter wrote: »
    I hate Levy, but he knows the players needed for the style that he wants to play and gets them cheap.

Levy buys them with vouchers "do you take Tesco clubcard points?", we just get fleeced.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No better than what we have though.

Are you getting mixed up with Maguire because nobody said this ?

beno619 wrote: »
    Are you getting mixed up with Maguire because nobody said this ?

Woodward briefed it. We'd have been swapping a 5th best for a 5th best buying him.

edgecutter wrote: »

Woodward would only sign bale if he has 10 million Instagram followers and dyes his hair blond #spooofer

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Well done Mourinho playing Herrera in defence.

So annoying as a fan when I don’t see a shred of anger on mourinhos face when we concede. Lace into the passive sh!ts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SlickRic wrote: »
    And...

Does Josake Smalling make a fool of himself and allow Moura by him? A competent defender is able to stall from 45 yards out.

You see rubbish defenders performing out of their skin, well above their level all the time. Usually the reason is confidence.

That United defence and team is weary and their confidence is shot. Perhaps the endless melodrama isn't good for them and that's why individual mistakes keep being made..

• Advertisement

Please tell me Phil Jones's contract is finishing soon, it's depressing knowing that he still gets games for united.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement