Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Well done Mourinho playing Herrera in defence.

So annoying as a fan when I don’t see a shred of anger on mourinhos face when we concede. Lace into the passive sh!ts.

Really? As he usually gets slaughted when he's angry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

edgecutter wrote: »
    Please tell me Phil Jones's contract is finishing soon, it's depressing knowing that he still gets games for united.

If he leaves the physio will be losing his best mate.

Glazers Out!

Interesting to hear the fans still singing jose's name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

limnam wrote: »

Those are the fans that stayed. Not many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Really? As he usually gets slaughted when he's angry?

By who?

• Advertisement

ankles wrote: »
    Those are the fans that stayed. Not many

Sounds like the ones that matter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

dfx- wrote: »
    You see rubbish defenders performing out of their skin, well above their level all the time. Usually the reason is confidence.

That United defence and team is weary and their confidence is shot. Perhaps the endless melodrama isn't good for them and that's why individual mistakes keep being made..

Or......Smalling and Jones aren't a title winning defence? They don't replace any of the defenders at City/Pool/Spurs/Chelsea.

We can keep making up reasons that blame the manager and I will keep coming back to the fact that Smalling and Jones are lower level defenders

By who?

Fans/press/etc

What do you mean whom?

Do you want names and address's or ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Reading between the lines of Jose's interview: "I am not walking so if you want me out then pay me my money."

In the immortal words of Patty and Selma, "Cut him a check and get him the hell outta here."

Reading between the lines of Jose's interview: "I am not walking so if you want me out then pay me my money."

In the immortal words of Patty and Selma, "Cut him a check and get him the hell outta here."

The lines people can read around here amazes me.

Sounded to me like he was just answering the questions he was asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

We will be fine. Jose is the right guy. Valencia, Herrera, and De Gea were fine. Smalling played well. Shaw was excellent. Jones and Lindelof were a disgrace. Pogba was poor. Matic was okay. Fred was okay. Lingard was decent. Lukaku was poor. It is vital that we stick with the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Fans/press/etc

What do you mean whom?

Do you want names and address's or ?

Yes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Burnley away next. Nothing easy there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And that solves what? Still the same shíte to try and manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

ankles wrote: »
    Flaky up front, very brittle at the back. Once Spurs scored that was it. That's the worrying bit, no bottle to come back. Spurs are a good team but United lack team spirit at the moment. Is that the manager? There's civil war in the club, that at least is clear. If its Woodward v Mourinho there's only one winner and it's the one doing the sponsorship deals for the Glazers.
    They played with a lot of spirit. Most in a long time. Extremely poor individual quality lost the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Lord TSC wrote:
    Jose very obviously wanted United to be where he proved the "3 season" nonsense to be wrong. Now, its looking like another third season sacking. He wanted his legacy, and I think we were his last hope of that. He'll get other jobs; PSG or the likes. But none of them will be where he builds a legacy :/

I'm so disappointed. There's an awful lot of rubbish talked about him. I think he's a straight up kind of guy and isn't into the fake bullsh!t. You could see clear as day tonight the players are still playing for and following him. When you hear people saying well it's not about just one side mourinho or Woodward, I'll tell you one thing, I'll always back the football man and that's mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

We have Watford away, in two games time.

With the start they've made, that's already looking like a real pressure fixture

eigrod wrote: »

Couldn't hear them at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I didn’t think there were people that genuinely didn’t see the title race was over before a ball was kicked? Crazy, we finished 20 points behind City and did nothing, where was the improvement coming from?

It shows how the club is being ran when Martial, a throughly average player who can’t even get a game, is seemingly leaking to the press that he wants to wait around until the manager is sacked! compiled with the captain Pogba shítshow of last week. Mourinho is surely just waiting for a pay check now because it’s over. He wasn’t backed in the summer which should have been reason enough to leave if he wanted to win the league, and with Martial undermining him, if he is not sold now then surely that must be the final nail for Jose.

There will be no shortage of dumbfounded looks from some when a new manager comes in and either nothing changes or we do worse! We have made a complete shambles of the last 6 or 7 years of recruitment, this is a sinking ship, Pochettino or Zidane it doesn’t matter who, we need over half a new team and will not win a league in the next 3 years regardless of who is in charge.

It’s funny Mourinho could be our best chance to win another league, I can see us in two years time with an “attacking manager” consistently finishing 3rd and demanding a manager that will get us results. It’ll be too late then.

pjohnson wrote: »
    And that solves what? Still the same sh to try and manage.

It begins step one of the rebuilding phase. You don't think Mourinho is going to turn the club into a title contender, do you?

The club has no faith in him as he himself knows based on his comments about the transfer market. Continuing with him at the helm is prolonging the agony of all concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Zeek12 wrote: »
    We have Watford away, in two games time.

With the start they've made, that's already looking like a real pressure fixture

Small matter of Burnley away on Sunday! Every team United play right now will fancy their chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

So I watched the first half, we were very very good. Wtf happened? Missed the second half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thats the Spurs fans.

Neville bang on. Totally disorganised.

That's comes from the mansger.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Thats the Spurs fans.

They must have travelled to Brighton too.

Odd bunch

We will be fine. Jose is the right guy. Valencia, Herrera, and De Gea were fine. Smalling played well.

Eh?? Smalling?

Didn't you see him push up early trying to play offside for the 2nd goal?

When another red shirt was a good four yards behind him

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Neville bang on. Totally disorganised.

That's comes from the mansger.

No.

Shambolic individual errors from players who Mourinho has identified as not good enough.

In Jose we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

The attacking play is still nonexistent! We still can't get a tune out of the players we have and the amount of money on wages and transfers we have spent, no wonder we are a laughing stock.

Some serious changes are needed, and if that means letting Jose go, then he needs to be replaced with a manager that is going to get these players playing. I don't want another 'big name' just for the sake of it. We also need a director of football asap and move Ed back to what he is good at sorting sponsorship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'm so disappointed. There's an awful lot of rubbish talked about him. I think he's a straight up kind of guy and isn't into the fake bullsh!t. You could see clear as day tonight the players are still playing for and following him. When you hear people saying well it's not about just one side mourinho or Woodward, I'll tell you one thing, I'll always back the football man and that's mourinho.

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    So I watched the first half, we were very very good. Wtf happened? Missed the second half...

Phil Jones happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Serious question..if Jose was to go who realistically is there to replace him??

Small matter of Burnley away on Sunday! Every team United play right now will fancy their chances.

Its about the best fixture we could hope for !

Europa league is really stretching their squad and they've made a poor start in the league.

They have another European game Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

These ones? https://twitter.com/quejugador_/status/1034176739646300160?s=21

I don't know what match that is from but it isn't tonights...

United are wearing white shorts in that video... wearing black tonight.

I just don't like fake news..

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Serious question..if Jose was to go who realistically is there to replace him??

fck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jose very obviously wanted United to be where he proved the "3 season" nonsense to be wrong. Now, its looking like another third season sacking. He wanted his legacy, and I think we were his last hope of that. He'll get other jobs; PSG or the likes. But none of them will be where he builds a legacy :/

This narrative you've been driving is tiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

mosstin wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

The most unoriginal line ever on boards. Great input

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

jbt123 wrote: »
    I don't know what match that is from but it isn't tonights...

United are wearing white shorts in that video... wearing black tonight.

I just don't like fake news..

Its from when he was madrid manager or chelsea

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Or......Smalling and Jones aren't a title winning defence? They don't replace any of the defenders at City/Pool/Spurs/Chelsea.

We can keep making up reasons that blame the manager and I will keep coming back to the fact that Smalling and Jones are lower level defenders

They don't have to be part of title winning defence to not make the sort of mistakes they are making.

They are clearly underperforming and/or are demoralised.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beno619 wrote: »
    This narrative you've been driving is tiring.

That he wanted to have a long, successful career at United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

They don't have to be part of title winning defence to not make the sort of mistakes they are making.

They have been making mistakes like that under 4 managers.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Tonight proved what Jose has been saying, the defence isn't good enough. We play well up until we concede, then we're two nil down and guess who has been injured for the two goals? Auld reliable Phil Jones of course.
    Lindelof comes on to replace him and nearly gifts a third goal to Alli, smalling fvcks up royally for the third goal. The forwards didn't cover themselves in glory either but importantly they didn't cover themselves in sh1t the way the defence did.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

bangkok wrote: »
    Prob 80-1 for title after tonight and out of the title race

50/1 not as mad as it seems , Jose gets the bullet, Zidane takes over, we start playing like Real Madrid, remain unbeaten for the rest of the year, this place becomes a happy house and we all head to the Liverpool forum and remind them that it’s 29 years since they last won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Posting a clip of when utd played chelsea.

Pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How many years of underperforming do we have to accept before we think maybe they need to be replaced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Biesla surely the man now to come in now and steady the ship.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

fck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tyson Fury wrote: »

FFS.

Bielsa... Steadying anything? Do you know anything about him at all prior to the opening weeks of this season?

nullzero wrote: »
    Tonight proved what Jose has been saying, the defence isn't good enough. We play well up until we concede, then we're two nil down and guess who has been injured for the two goals? Auld reliable Phil Jones of course.
    Lindelof comes on to replace him and nearly gifts a third goal to Alli, smalling fvcks up royally for the third goal. The forwards didn't cover themselves in glory either but importantly they didn't cover themselves in sh1t the way the defence did.

Who signed Lindelof? Bailly? Dalot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Mourinho making an absolute show of himself in the post-match interview before walking out.

"We lost 3-0, three the same number of Premierships I have, more than the other 19 managers put together, respect, respect, respect."

We're at pantomime levels now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement