Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mr.H wrote: »
    Thanks

Of course not. I am not the one who thinks wages dont cost anything :rolleyes:

Although to be fair its not like ye are getting much for them

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105662468&postcount=595

You claimed he cost 75m? You insist on including wages when you cost a player so......either your agenda flip flopped or you think vvd plays for free :)

You also say Matip was a free which is impossibe ;)

I remember getting a card not so long ago for a spelling error [Bemitiz] and then I see some of the ****e people get away with.

Bizarre card.

For future reference, you need to wrap it in some charm and then all being equal, it should be just fine...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107741076&postcount=527

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

pjohnson wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105662468&postcount=595

You claimed he cost 75m? You insist on including wages when you cost a player so......either your agenda flip flopped or you think vvd plays for free :)

You can keep repeating that post all you want. It doesnt negate the point I made. I am not actually claiming Matip cost us nothing. I am not claiming VVD plays for free.

I am claiming that when Ibra signed for free he cost United a lot of money. Likewise when Sanchez signed he cost United a lot of money and still does. Considering one on yer lot claimed he got him over City and he cost ye "nada". Not exactly true is it? He cost ye a lot in wages.
    limnam wrote: »
    Don't forget the fact we can prize sanchez away from man city by offering £0.00stg. Zero. nada. not a penny.

That takes some doing. woodward should get a statue.

But then again at least this convo can gloss over yer loss tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I must say it's hilarious watching United getting thumped in Old Trafford. United in turmoil, while England's most successful team sit top of the table as per usual

Well that's just false.

United 42 major trophies
    Liverpool 41.

Now where's that Perch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The United-Liverpool, my dad is bigger than yours tit for tat is sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Not trying to be smart, but I'd honestly have Leeds as favorites to beat United if they were to play. It will be a good rivalry to have back hopefully

Well that's just false.

United 42 major trophies
    Liverpool 41.

Now where's that Perch.

Alternative tables activate. You know that reality isn't counted.

Not trying to be smart, but I'd honestly have Leeds as favorites to beat United if they were to play. It will be a good rivalry to have back hopefully

Given your betting history on here I'm not surprised with your odds line.

Bizarre card.

For future reference, you need to wrap it in some charm and then all being equal, it should be just fine...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107741076&postcount=527

Ah would ya ever come on. You think I was being anything but sincere? You know rival fans dont just spend their entire lives thinking of ways to get one over on each other. Some of us actually enjoy chatting about football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ericzeking wrote: »
    The United-Liverpool, my dad is bigger than yours tit for tat is sad.
    That doesn't mean it'll stop, the big kids are far worse than the little ones.

Ah would ya ever come on. You think I was being anything but sincere? You know rival fans dont just spend their entire lives thinking of ways to get one over on each other. Some of us actually enjoy chatting about football.

I actually nodded in agreement when I first read that post. I'm not attacking you, just pointing out the insanity of what classifies as cardable and what doesn't.

That post of Father Ted's, he was just trying to talk about football too, just like you, and got a card for a clear spelling mistake. Yours wasn't a spelling mistake at all.

I didn't care what you called Jose cause he's a big boy and maybe it bears some truth too, but if there's going to be a policy here I would like to see it somewhat consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Well that's just false.

United 42 major trophies
    Liverpool 41.

Now where's that Perch.

Let's be honest, Liverpool will always be England's footballing heavyweight, and I'm not even a Liverpool fan. Liverpool's 42nd and 43rd major trophy will be coming alot sooner that United's 43rd one would think. United will have had then surpassed them for maybe 2 or 3 seasons in over a hundred years of football. Not great really from a United point of view, tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I remember getting a card not so long ago for a spelling error [Bemitiz] and then I see some of the ****e people get away with.

I’m genuinely baffled as to how that’s a warning, I can’t wrap my head around it

No need to be baffled man, they're very sensitive souls in the Liverpool threads and the mods are equally sensitive, here it's like thunderdome and anything goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Let's be honest, Liverpool will always be England's footballing heavyweight, and I'm not even a Liverpool fan. Liverpool's 42nd and 43rd major trophy will be coming alot sooner that United's 43rd one would think. United will have had then surpassed them for maybe 2 or 3 seasons in over a hundred years of football. Not great really from a United point of view, tbh

So you have been speaking from the future.

That doesn't mean it'll stop, the big kids are far worse than the little ones.

I remember having a chat with a group of evertonians in Liverpool one night. I was trying to explain why I wanted Everton to do well. I want Everton to challenge for atop 4 because it means they have money to invest locally therefore the City becomes a better place for me to visit when I am over. There is nothing wrong with healthy competition and a bit of banter.

Ffs I have United mates at work and we are always talking about United and Liverpool and how each team could do better. Sure we have a bit of a slagging and I will tomorrow. But by in large it doesnt ever get nasty. Whats the point? Its only football. I love Liverpool and they mean everything to me. I am sure a lot of you feel that way about United. But if something serious happened in our lives we would easily forget about the team or the next game or who spent what on who. My opinions are just opinions. They are not gospel. Who gives a sh1t if I think Sanchez is on a zillion quid a day? Doesnt make it true. Who cares if I think that clubs investment in a player is more than transfer fees. Again opinion. Its fact but its not something most people consider or care about so that makes it opinion. Jesus I try to just have a chat in here and someone holds onto a post of mine from 3 weeks ago ffs. I mean come on! If you think anything malicious was meant in that post then sorry pal but you need to chill out.

Tonight sucks for you guys but we all have sh1t games. Liverpool are having a good run but I am sure as soon as Alisson f@cks up a dribble ye will be right over to give us a hard time and so be it.

Doesnt mean we cant just chat about football instead of having a pissing contest every ten minutes.

• Advertisement

I actually nodded in agreement when I first read that post. I'm not attacking you, just pointing out the insanity of what classifies as cardable and what doesn't.

That post of Father Ted's, he was just trying to talk about football too, just like you, and got a card for a clear spelling mistake. Yours wasn't a spelling mistake at all.

I didn't care what you called Jose cause he's a big boy and maybe it bears some truth too, but if there's going to be a policy here I would like to see it somewhat consistent.

Thats a fair point. I think we all know how inconsistent it can be at times. I dont know the context of the carded post. Maybe there was more to the overall. Maybe not. Its a strange one. I always think as long as its not trying to actually attack individuals then its fine.

Ironically me saying that was frustration at Jose rather than trying to slag him if you know what I mean? United have a great side and I genuinely believe that.

No need to be baffled man, they're very sensitive souls in the Liverpool threads and the mods are equally sensitive, here it's like thunderdome and anything goes

But sometimes hugs are great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Liverpool were dominant in the Era just before English football started attracting international audiences. Liverpool are a huge club, but in other countries United are seen as THE team in England,regardless of how accurate that may be.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote:
    Liverpool were dominant in the Era just before English football started attracting international audiences. Liverpool are a huge club, but in other countries United are seen as THE team in England,regardless of how accurate that may be.

Hard the argue with that

Thats a fair point. I think we all know how inconsistent it can be at times. I dont know the context of the carded post. Maybe there was more to the overall. Maybe not. Its a strange one. I always think as long as its not trying to actually attack individuals then its fine.

Ironically me saying that was frustration at Jose rather than trying to slag him if you know what I mean? United have a great side and I genuinely believe that.

Full post

Think it was the Utd v Liverpool game last season.

Bemetiz was every bit as disciplined as Mourinho in how he set his teams up. Pointing out wins over Utd and RM doesn't change that.

Your arguing a point for no reason. Nothing wrong with Mourinho having a game plan and sticking to it. Klopps problem imo is he never can shut out games. If Mourinho was manager of Liverpool the year they were beaten by Seville and City I'm fairly sure they'd have won at least one of those finals. If plan A doesn't work he sticks with it. Can be very naive

Far less resources!!! Don't make me laugh, Liverpool have one of the biggest revenues in world football, not even talking about banking 142M for Coutinho.

And who cares about head to heads ? Who cares about 2nd 3rd or 4th ? All that matters is 1st. Every Liverpool fan I know are only worried about being ahead of Utd. It's laughable especially as both clubs are a world away from Man City at the moment.

They won yesterday with a game plan, something Klopp struggles with when faced with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    I’ve seen his face around but I can’t place him to a name..

Didn't a couple of lads from here head over to the game, could be one of them. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It would be seen as less than polite to Arsenal but Wenger might be getting itchy zipper fingers.

Mother of Jaysus :eek: It's two games man, not time to go postal yet surely. Trying to work out if you're serious or sitting there at the PC like this:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Almost a month until you play again at home in league, and 4 out of next 6 are away. God's are not smiling on Jose that's for sure. Some trick games ahead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

nullzero wrote: »
    The chum bucket has been thrown overboard I'm afraid. We're so bad we could end up with big Sam toiling to keep us up after Christmas.
    It's easy to get hysterical when your team is struggling but we've shipped three goals in each of our last two games and look likely to so again and again. I can't remember a big club playing so badly, were this going on at a rival club to United I think I'd be genuinely shocked by it.

Uh... dude... have you seen Arsenal the past few years :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool are a huge club I never denied that. One of Biggest in World.

You said they were the "most successful"

That's incorrect no matter what spin you put on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm at a loss for what I feel United should do.

Jose is failing, but I don't think any manager succeeds with this squad, or at the least I can't think of an available or get table manager.

Sacking Jose would as much be misdirection from the club.

There are far more things wrong than just Jose, and I don't know the club has the ambition or desire to take the steps needed.

I've no doubt we are going to be arguing over the same things for a long time. The same attitude problems. Same player problems. Same lack of direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Necrominus wrote: »
    Uh... dude... have you seen Arsenal the past few years :(

They've been crap by not this crap.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Jose out hes after turning into the Jose show again, style of football is horrendous hes lost the players and clueless on transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

nullzero wrote: »
    They've been crap by not this crap.

Ah they have tbh. The first half last night was very good. With a top striker United probably win that game imo. Rashford probably should have started but after the first half United should have been winning at the very least. Lukaku misses an open goal, an open header and snatches at the ball 8 or 9 yards out with a good look at goal. Having someone who puts those away is the difference between United and the top teams at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I got a yellow before in the utd thread for saying "slippy g"

Pool fans all in last night trolling left right and centre and not even a red dished out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

bangkok wrote: »

Pool fans all in last night trolling left right and centre and not even a red dished out...

In fairness, I see two Liverpool fans in here last night – one, Mr H, who genuinely seemed to be having a discussion, and the other, Golden Miller, trolling – for which he received a yellow. Hardly all?

Well at least its consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Lukaku should be dropped big time,he's a donkey.belongs to the benteke carroll club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is he gone yet?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

adox wrote:
    So you have been speaking from the future.

He's yer man out of quantum leap.

fyfe79 wrote: »

In fairness, I see two Liverpool fans in here last night – one, Mr H, who genuinely seemed to be having a discussion, and the other, Golden Miller, trolling – for which he received a yellow. Hardly all?

Just on this yellow, does he get it for his whole evenings work (trolling) or an individual post ? Any one of his posts could have legitimately been carded yet he gets it for all of them. Typical enough these days I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

So what many predicted we tried to play attacking football and got exposed for the awful defence we have.

Years of negative football and a word class keeper making Smalling and Jones look like decent players.

Last night showed them up for what they are bog standard middle table players and Smalling laughable on the ball how many times did he stop a potential counter by passing it to De Gea.

Jose as I stated before only plays such negative football because he has no confidence in defence and last night showed why.

It will be back to negative football to try protect that defence and a long season of boring football.

He massively overachieved with this side last year and I don't think we will do the same again this year.

He wanted to invest in the defence in the summer but he did not get backed.

I am terrified if he is replaced and we get in someone who trys to play attacking football with this side.

This summer has set the club back years no matter who takes over and anybody who thinks Zidane would take over is deluded, no manager will take over this side unless getting the money to overhaul the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Did anyone hit the report button for the trolling? If not then you can’t really complain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

fyfe79 wrote: »

If you only see two Pool fans, and think any of it is genuine, I've got some magic beans you might be interested in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well at least its consistent.

“Rules for thee, but not for me”

• It would be seen as less than polite to Arsenal but Wenger might be getting itchy zipper fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Are ya surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Just on this yellow, does he get it for his whole evenings work (trolling) or an individual post ? Any one of his posts could have legitimately been carded yet he gets it for all of them. Typical enough these days I suppose.

Careful now ! ;):D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Alternative opinion...the Kane goal is a worldy header and Jones hasn't done alot wrong, he's way out and moving away from goal. It's a cracking piece of individual brilliance.

The last goal is the only one I would describe as very poor or shambolic defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Alternative opinion...the Kane goal is a worldy header and Jones hasn't done alot wrong, he's way out and moving away from goal. It's a cracking piece of individual brilliance.

The last goal is the only one I would describe as very poor or shambolic defending.
    The second one was bad but it was two mistakes from a rusty central midfielder playing as the last man back.

As for the third, a 1 on 1 like that is sometime going to go the attackers way. Lindelofs pass was probably the worst bit of defending all game and we were not punished for it. Roses' was just as bad too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

What's the point ?

Well if the mods aren’t getting reports then they effectively have to police every comment on the thread. Make their life easier and report every post you see as trolling. I bet the Pool fans do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jose and the missing 400 million pound.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Sure a Liverpool fan that has posted in here created a thread on this forum last week and used a derogatory term describing United, which is a blatant charter breach. Reported it twice... Nothing has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

As a Chelsea fan I'm all too familiar with this (... the arguments between fans).

The first thing it I thought when I saw the footage from the press conference last night is 'He's looking to get sacked'.

If Utd wanted to play attacking football, Mou is the wrong guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Meh his feet stayed on the ground, for an “all action” centre back he should be challenging for that header. But yeah was an unreal finish, some placement on it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement