Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Whatever, you know exactly what i meant.

That'spathetic what Will I Am posted.

Some good posters in here but bull**** like that just looking to stir **** causes problems out of absolutely nothing

No. This is pathetic. You gonna try tell me this sequence of posts has nothing to do with United/Munich?
    niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm in Munich half blazing. Top of the league. **** the system
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think that’s....eh...’frowned upon’ Niallo.
    this post bolded the I’m in Munich half blazing part.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    **** em. 9 points can they even see that far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Except nobody is.

Screenshotted

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No. This is pathetic. You gonna try tell me this sequence of posts has nothing to do with United/Munich?

Whatever you think yourself. Looks like your looking for something to be offended by

Didn't he say he was flying to Korea earlier today? I'm presuming he's stopping over. That's what I took from it anyway. Jumping the gun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Whatever you think yourself. Looks like your looking for something to be offended by

First post can be taken as innocent. The other 2 clearly making reference to United/Munich whichever way you want to try and spin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Munich and Hillsborough stuff is so fúcking old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: There's absolutely NOTHING going on there. Stop the cross thread crap or bans will be handed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So..... Burnley tomorrow in the relegation six pointer.

Always give us a good game especially at Turf Moor. I expect victory, be nice to have a resounding one to go into the break on a positive

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

omg he finally scores.

very happy for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea doing well, no surprise about the top 4. It’ll be us Chelsea and Spurs going for 3rd/4th. We’ll probably get to the last 16/quarters of the CL too. A good season as far as Woody and co are concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Juve match on, Dybala and Douglas Costa on the bench. Age profile of their squad might not be ideal but they're some players to be sitting on bench.

How do we see tomorrow going? Will be far from easy, especially if we give up 2 goals in 3 mins again.

Edit- gervinho goes and scores for parma then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Chelsea doing well, no surprise about the top 4

Before the season started, I wouldn't have pegged Chelsea as top 4 contenders. I thought they'd lose Hazard, and I didn't think they improved their squad to cope without him. If he leaves in January they're in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I have no confidence of a win going into any game currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I have no confidence of a win going into any game currently.

Same. Any combination of Smalling, Jones, Bailly or Lindelof is a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

You can doubt his methods all you like, he has been fully vindicated. That's the proof right in front of your eyes

One of the world's most expensive young LB's entering the 4th year of his contract at Utd plays 3 decent games in a row (two of which his defence leaked 3 goals) and that is vindication of how well Mourinho has managed him over the last two years??

Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I wasn't sure if everyone was being sarcastic or genuinely serious when talking about "vindication".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if everyone was being sarcastic or genuinely serious when talking about "vindication".

I think they were very serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I remember few years ago Dublin and Mayo playing in All Ireland final and the Manchester Derby being on round same time (we lost) I was cracking up as I obviously wanted to see both.

Tommorrw it's an easy choice Dublin Tyrone all the way if both game s are on in the pub I'll keep eye on both but I just don't get same enjoyment anymore out of watching united play which is a shame as I've some amazing memories supporting this club since was a child!

Results aside there's very little entertainment value in most our matchs now which doesn't help.

I dunno since Fergie left the direction the club has taken on and off the pitch makes me wonder where the club is going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

One of the world's most expensive young LB's entering the 4th year of his contract at Utd plays 3 decent games in a row (two of which his defence leaked 3 goals) and that is vindication of how well Mourinho has managed him over the last two years??

Amazing.

It's impressive alright, nice to see you can park the rivalry and acknowledge it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I remember few years ago Dublin and Mayo playing in All Ireland final and the Manchester Derby being on round same time (we lost) I was cracking up as I obviously wanted to see both.

Tommorrw it's an easy choice Dublin Tyrone all the way if both game s are on in the pub I'll keep eye on both but I just don't get same enjoyment anymore out of watching united play which is a shame as I've some amazing memories supporting this club since was a child!

Results aside there's very little entertainment value in most our matchs now which doesn't help.

I dunno since Fergie left the direction the club has taken on and off the pitch makes me wonder where the club is going.

I use two TVs, so no compromise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

RobertKK wrote: »
    I use two TVs, so no compromise.

Ill be down the pub so I'm sure they will have everything on but I'll be sticking with the gaa.

United fan since I was 5 or 6 but born and raised in Dublin only ever gonna be one winner there!

It started a few years before Fergie left to be fair, most of the entertainment came from looking at the league table because we were poor on the pitch for a lot of the last league title win in particular, with RVP’s goals the only real highlight.

We have not done well with transfers over the last 6 or 7 years.

If you look at the 15/16 and 14/15 windows in particular it was madness, essentially we spent over 300 million and then just cleared them all out or they are duds:

15/16
    Martial 54 million
    Schneiderlin 31.50 million
    Depay 30.60 million
    Darmian 16.20 million
    Schweinsteiger 8.10 million

140 million

14/15
    Di Maria 67.50 million
    Luke Shaw 34 million
    Herrera 32.4 million
    Rojo 18 million
    Blind 15.75

175 million

That is crazy really, that’s why the likes of Young, Valencia, Lingard, Jones, Mata etc are still getting games. It didn’t help that we had a bit of a mare, in hindsight, with Mourinho’s first window either signing Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Bailly for 170 million, the fact that we improved to finish second last year is why I think Mourinho could win the league if given the backing that Pep has.

bangkok wrote: »
    I think they were very serious

How could you not be sure?

Complete and total vindication.

Player has trouble all through his young career, various managers question his attitude, his mentality and his physical fitness.

Current manager seems to have gotten him in the right frame of mind and physical condition to perform to his ability with his own unique methods which some can't understand, nevertheless these methods have now been totally, and completely, vindicated

100%

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It started a few years before Fergie left to be fair, most of the entertainment came from looking at the league table because we were poor on the pitch for a lot of the last league title win in particular, with RVP’s goals the only real highlight.

We have not done well with transfers over the last 6 or 7 years.

If you look at the 15/16 and 14/15 windows in particular it was madness, essentially we spent over 300 million and then just cleared them all out or they are duds:

15/16
    Martial 54 million
    Schneiderlin 31.50 million
    Depay 30.60 million
    Darmian 16.20 million
    Schweinsteiger 8.10 million

140 million

14/15
    Di Maria 67.50 million
    Luke Shaw 34 million
    Herrera 32.4 million
    Rojo 18 million
    Blind 15.75

175 million

That is crazy really, that’s why the likes of Young, Valencia, Lingard, Jones, Mata etc are still getting games. It didn’t help that we had a bit of a mare, in hindsight, with Mourinho’s first window either signing Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Bailly for 170 million, the fact that we improved to finish second last year is why I think Mourinho could win the league if given the backing that Pep has.

Rojo is still at the club isn't he ?

Them figures look off anyway lad

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Rojo is still at the club isn't he ?

Yes, Herrera too, but they will be sold on/won’t make any impact on our season so I included them in the strike offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Player has trouble all through his young career, various managers question his attitude, his mentality and his physical fitness.

Current manager seems to have gotten him in the right frame of mind and physical condition to perform to his ability with his own unique methods which some can't understand, nevertheless these methods have now been totally, and completely, vindicated

100%

SMB was asking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Yes, Herrera too, but they will be sold on/won’t make any impact on our season so I included them in the strike offs.

So how come you excluded Lindelof, Bailly & Sanchez?

• Advertisement

So how come you excluded Lindelof, Bailly & Sanchez?

Because we didn’t sign them in the windows I was talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mod:

This is borderline soapboxing at this stage. Please stop.

I fully agree with and support this precedent setting warning and will refer to it in the future I'm certain. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

What's soapboxing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

limnam wrote: »
    What's soapboxing?

I think its when the Mitchell brothers have a fight on Eastenders.

Never heard of it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

astradave wrote: »

Ah, so basically a post on boards. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

god I feel old

Never even hear of this "soapboxing"

limnam wrote: »
    What's soapboxing?

Repetition of the same viewpoint over and over while refusing to entertain or discuss a different viewpoint constructively. Terminology derives from standing on a box/platform, holding a megaphone and stating the same thing, again and again, and again..and again...

Case in point in this thread: Bucketybuck and Bangkok were disagreeing on Shaw's returns dates. Strange discussion (my own view there) but at least they were engaging with one another points on a direct level.

Stringerbell's later posts on the topic were basically repeatedly stating Mourinho was vindicated and little else.
    That's borderline soapboxing.

Just so long as we have consistency in that going forward I'm a very happy camper.

• Advertisement

Brighton..... BRIGHTon...... BRIGHTON!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thats a very nice new rule. Should break the repetitive cycles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Headshot wrote: »
    god I feel old

Never even hear of this "soapboxing"

It’s not a new saying to be fair. I’m ancient and know what it means.

You should spot it easily from now on anyway as loads of it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

What's with the current overmodding of this thread?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thats a very nice new rule. Should break the repetitive cycles.
    Mod:
    Not a new rule. I may have used a very specific terminology for the technique in this instance but repetition of the same point over and over without any engagement is pretty much a site wide no-no.

Anyway, "old" rule time: If you wish discussion moderation please do it via PM or start a thread in helpdesk. Don't post about it in this thread. Consider this post fair warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

What's with the current overmodding of this thread?

Some post getting deleted also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Sorry if it’s been asked already but what station are we on today folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

how.gareth wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s been asked already but what station are we on today folks?

Don't think we are on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Don't think we are on TV.

Not
    Broadcast on any regular
    Channel of

Soccer.
    Perhaps
    Other
    Regions will
    Televise this