Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    would sell him and January and use the money to sign Eriksen from Spurs, he has only this and next season left on his contract at Spurs, would be an excellent signing for us..

SMS from lazio will be his replacement, imo. January or summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

would sell him and January and use the money to sign Eriksen from Spurs, he has only this and next season left on his contract at Spurs, would be an excellent signing for us..

We couldnt even sign alderweild from spurs.

Levy would ask for 200m for eriksen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

bangkok wrote: »
    We couldnt even sign alderweild from spurs.

Levy would ask for 200m for eriksen

well Pogba still has 4 years left on his contract, so we would be wanting atleast 150m as a starting figure, look what Barcelona paid Liverpool for Coutinho..

well Pogba still has 4 years left on his contract, so we would be wanting atleast 150m as a starting figure, look what Barcelona paid Liverpool for Coutinho..

I think jose will be gone before pogba is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'd be in the get rid of pogba camp aswell.

Get a good fee for him and get someone in with a better attitude and who'll contribute more to the team.

Not sure how a text message from italy could replace a man utd footballer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure how a text message from italy could replace a man utd footballer :)

All the cool kids use WhatsApp these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

abysmal me hole...

he was nomintated for our player of the month for August and was motm in first game of the season

I suppose we had to nominate somebody.
    August has been the worst month in living memory for most United fans. Pogba was one of the biggest disappointments against Brighton, he's a supposedly World class player who looked like he couldn't be arsed right down to a molecular level. He did OK against Leicester but he hasn't been looking like a record transfer type player since he arrived back at the club and that hasn't really changed at any point at least not on a consistent basis.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

I think jose will be gone before pogba is

Neither of them will be there for the start of next season imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pogba is a mega money flop no other way of looking at it. Sums up everything wrong with modern football.

Carried by a fantastic Juventus midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

All the cool kids use WhatsApp these days.

Ha ha ha ha

rob316 wrote: »
    Pogba is a mega money flop no other way of looking at it. Sums up everything wrong with modern football.

"Carried"

Id say you havent seen juve play 5 games with pogba in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

"Carried"

No point in debating it with you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

"Carried"

I'll put my neck on the line here and say rob316 follows Juventus and has seen more of their games when Pogba was there and knows what he's talking about, and not just spouting off for the sake of it.

No point in debating it with you anyway.

Yea i suppose your right.

Pogba was in italy for 4 years.

On team of the year for 3 of them

"Carried"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea i suppose your right.

Pogba was in italy for 4 years.

On team of the year for 3 of them

"Carried"

Maybe rephrase it then.... "the Juve midfield made him look better than he is"

That better?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Maybe rephrase it then.... "the Juve midfield made him look better than he is"

That better?

No, he does it for france as well and done it for united.

Won more in his 2 years at united than klopp has in his career at liverpool. Europa league player of the year as well along the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Is he actually any good ? had a ****e world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You’d imagine Pogba is gone by that quote, you’d wonder the intelligence levels of the lad if that is his attempt at being coy. He is a player that will never do beyond the absolute minimum in his career.

Barca will suit him to a tee. They are the equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters of La Liga and he can hide on the pitch behind the true class in that team and contribute a Hollywood pass every now and again to appease the crowd. He is more a marketing tool than a truly useful player, not that he cares with the money he has/will earn and a decent trophy cabinet to match which will be further added to at Barca.

• Advertisement

You’d imagine Pogba is gone by that quote, you’d wonder the intelligence levels of the lad if that is his attempt at being coy. He is a player that will never do beyond the absolute minimum in his career.

Barca will suit him to a tee. They are the equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters of La Liga and he can hide on the pitch behind the true class in that team and contribute a Hollywood pass every now and again to appease the crowd. He is more a marketing tool than a truly useful player, not that he cares with the money he has/will earn and a decent trophy cabinet to match which will be further added to at Barca.

Gone where?

Barca cant even afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Fed up listening to Pogba with his not so subtle moaning and discontent in the press. Sell him in January. Fed up with his disrespect of the club.

That's twice after positive results, twice after the bull**** in the press had settled down.

Yet you'll still have posters in here deflecting by blaming Woodward/Mourinho.

Won more in his 2 years at united than klopp has in his career at liverpool. Europa league player of the year as well along the way

Why are shifting goalposts again? Klopp is a manager and Pogba is a player, you can't compare one against the other.

So he was voted the second tier competition player of the tournament? Great.

Has he fulfilled any of his promise for United and lived up to his pricetag? I'd say very few fans feel he has bar the Pogba diehards.

Edit: Pressed Submit before I finished typing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Gone where?

Barca cant even afford him.

Barca get who they want, if not them you’d imagine someone else is lined up with the carry on of Pogba and his agent in the last few months. They seem far too confident

beno619 wrote: »
    That's twice after positive results, twice after the bull**** in the press had settled down.

Yet you'll still have posters in here deflecting by blaming Woodward/Mourinho.

https://mobile.twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1037746130526916609/video/1

Theres the bit of the interview. Fairly standard answer he was giving there. Getting blown out of proportion seeing as its utd related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You have to wonder how much Pogba's attitude is affecting players like Martial.
    Pogba wasn't like most signings. He knew the club so well.

Barca get who they want, if not them you’d imagine someone else is lined up with the carry on of Pogba and his agent in the last few months. They seem far too confident

Acting like they have big balls... they dont have the money to buy him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

TitianGerm wrote: »
    "the Juve midfield made him look better than he is"

That’s a really dumb argument. He was good at his role or he wasn’t. Do we apply these mitigating factors to all players now?

Acting like they have big balls... they dont have the money to buy him

They'll come up with 100-120 no problem at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

He will end up at one of the elite clubs, despite how bad some people want to make him out to be. He’s a fantastic player that has been average at United. We’ve been down that road with other players plenty of times.

Discodog wrote: »
    You have to wonder how much Pogba's attitude is affecting players like Martial.
    Pogba wasn't like most signings. He knew the club so well.

What attitude? By all accounts, even jose's, his attitude in training is fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is he actually any good ? had a ****e world cup.

Brilliant for lazio all last season going by anyone who watched him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

What attitude? By all accounts, even jose's, his attitude in training is fantastic

Pffft, do you believe everything Jose says?

Have you not seen his hair, cars and instagrams???

I agree with this comment.

People always claim Juventus carried Pogba, he was a key part of that midfield that was successful. He was also a leader and key part of a World Cup winning French squad, but people say again the team carried him.

He is an outrageously talented player, we haven't seen the best of him with United, but at the same time our whole squad has not been reaching the demanded levels.

Blame does land on the player of course, but not the entirety in my mind.

Those Pogba comments have been doing the rounds for 6 or 7 hours now without any reports surfacing of them being fake or taken drastically out of context. It doesn't look great and it is quite similar to how Ronaldo started to talk in the media when he was angling for a RM move. At least with Ronaldo, his football was still doing the talking while at United.

So, it could be Pogba looking to prise open the OT exit door, or...

Players do this when they are angling for a new contract. There's reports going back to when Sanchez came in that Pogba wanted a payrise himself. Now that he is a WC winner, maybe that feeling has only grown with Pogba. To add to that, there's been reports in the last few days of Martial, a bonafide bench-warmer, being offered a new deal worth €175k-200k per week. :eek:

Even if Pogba himself doesn't give a shít what other players are paid at the club, you can bet his agent does. The likes of Mino Raiola live to make the most money possible from their clients, like he did with Pogba in the Juve to United transfer. As long as Pogba is sitting happy at United, Raiola isn't going to make that windfall with him in one swoop again.

At the least, in the meantime, Raiola will want Pogba to be the highest paid player at Old Trafford IMO. These latest comments of Pogba's could be just part of that. Looking at the money a poor Sanchez is being paid, and an even poorer Martial has just been offered, Pogba/Raiola might just want some of that cash which is being fúcked around.

Either way, exit or new contract, it's unnecessarily disruptive from Pogba and trends a worrying pattern already in the new season...

*puts in underwhelming performance against Leicester*
    "My attitude wasn't right, something about respect and managers...I can't say anymore, I don't want to be fined."
    *puts in underwhelming performances against Brighton, Spurs and Burnley*
    "My future is currently in Manchester, I still have a contract, I'm playing there at the moment, but who knows what will happen in the next few months."
    Yeah, utter shíte from him so far this season to add on to two very mixed seasons before that. I don't honestly think we'll miss him if he goes. He is supremely talented but for whatever reason, his heart doesn't seem to be in it at United. Some can blame his relationship with Jose, but his consistency and mentality problems go way back before their reported issues last January/February around the time of the dismal Spurs defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You can only presume he desperately wants that conflict on a public level, which (Jose or not) is a horrific attitude for a player to have, let alone one who has had the arm band this season.

2 wins this season, and twice Pogba has shifted the narrative back to "I'm not happy".

I wouldn't be shocked if he simply wants Jose gone, but the way he's going about it is super unprofessional, and should be condemned by any and everyone, no matter what you think of his talent and potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Compare the difference to the luke Shaw Interview and pogba interview one is glad to be back on track and avoiding conflict and the other wants to throw a spanner In the works and cause as much agro as he can.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Compare the difference to the luke Shaw Interview and pogba interview one is glad to be back on track and avoiding conflict and the other wants to throw a spanner In the works and cause as much agro as he can.

Not that long ago (during the Summer even if I'm correct) that Luke Shaw's attitude was questioned by a large part of the fan base. People dragging out quotes and saying he doesn't put in enough effort.

Even though I have been defending Shaw, it's still funny now that he is being used as an example of the professional we need :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Not that long ago (during the Summer even if I'm correct) that Luke Shaw's attitude was questioned by a large part of the fan base. People dragging out quotes and saying he doesn't put in enough effort.

Even though I have been defending Shaw, it's still funny now that he is being used as an example of the professional we need :P

You are totally missing the point, I don’t know whether you are doing it on purpose or not, his point is that after all the negativity surrounding Shaw he is not coming out against the club or team or manager.. he is staying Loyal even after everything..

astradave wrote: »
    You are totally missing the point, I don’t know whether you are doing it on purpose or not, his point is that after all the negativity surrounding Shaw he is not coming out against the club or team or manager.. he is staying Loyal even after everything..

I didn't miss the point. Maybe my post wasn't expressed clearly enough.

Was just highlighting how quickly things change in football. A player who was being criticized as being fat during a holiday in Ibiza and being lazy overall a couple of months ago is now an example of professionalism.

It's a funny old game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Adamocovic wrote: »

Don't be going over the top now I never said he was the professional we need but he is putting his head down and getting on with the situation and pogba isn't that's what's happened.

Pogba is looking for a way to start friction in the club that's pretty obvious and this is the guy that's practically the club captain!!!!!!

Ta fuk with that keep his mouth shut and work for the club that's paying him a million quid a month to kick a ball around.

Pogba is getting on with it.

He was asked a question he answered it. Being made out to be a big thing on here now when its actually nothing

Pogba is getting on with it.

He was asked a question he answered it. Being made out to be a big thing on here now when its actually nothing

Now going forward i hope you will hold Jose to the same standard when he has an interview that you dislike. And there will be one. I hope you will be the first to defend him saying "he was asked a question and he answered it, a big thing made out of it when its actually nothing"

No criticism allowed

No Siree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You can only presume he desperately wants that conflict on a public level, which (Jose or not) is a horrific attitude for a player to have, let alone one who has had the arm band this season.

2 wins this season, and twice Pogba has shifted the narrative back to "I'm not happy".

I wouldn't be shocked if he simply wants Jose gone, but the way he's going about it is super unprofessional, and should be condemned by any and everyone, no matter what you think of his talent and potential.

Coutihno and Ronaldo. Two players who were angling for moves away from united and Liverpool long Before they got their moves. They were professionals and still performed for their clubs.. It is possible to want to move clubs and still do your f**king job...

Problem isn’t Jose. Isn’t tactics. Isn’t the club. Isn’t the wages. Isnt the contract... So what are we left with? The problem is the player. He banked on Jose losing it and giving him an Excuse to walk. Jose makes him captain. Jose publically won’t criticize him and even praises his performance. And the club backs the manager..... Pogbas issues are his actions own and to be frank while I think he’s a top player I wouldn’t be sorry to see the back of him. He’s doing more damage then good at this stage....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Is that quote real?

Jesus, some way to add fuel to fire.

If Barca want him, we shud push hard for Coutinho.

astradave wrote: »
    Now going forward i hope you will hold Jose to the same standard when he has an interview that you dislike. And there will be one. I hope you will be the first to defend him saying "he was asked a question and he answered it, a big thing made out of it when its actually nothing"

No criticism allowed

No Siree

Jose will be asked a question about the team after a loss and will then either talk about how many league medals HE had won or will throw a player under a bus depending on how he is feeling

Don't know what to believe with the media, and Pogba quotes will take most headlines but reports also saying Bailly isn't happy at all and eying an exit.

Not so sure how much I believe in that one, reckon a number of players will get similar headlines while we struggle. Hopefully something changes after the international break. If we can hit some form the mood will change completely.

Jose will be asked a question about the team after a loss and will then either talk about how many league medals HE had won or will throw a player under a bus depending on how he is feeling

Yep and I’ll be expecting your post of

"he was asked a question and he answered it, a big thing made out of it when its actually nothing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where Has reported the Pogba comments other then those tweets today ?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where Has reported the Pogba comments other then those tweets today ?

SKY Germany, which makes sense as France play Germany today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement