Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

With that horrific leg break he had, the questions being asked of him and the admirable way he's responded I think every United fan has a certain affection for him and are willing him to succeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Terrible form rashford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

limnam wrote: »
    Terrible form rashford.

Terrible spelling from limnam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

bangkok wrote: »
    Terrible spelling from limnam

Well his form is terrible too...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lucky for England he came off straight away.. we all know what can happen if concussion isn't diagnose straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's obvious Shaws injury wasn't bad as there were no mouth breathers of sub average intelligence around cracking jokes about it.

Big relief for the fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lucky for England he came off straight away.. we all know what can happen if concussion isn't diagnose straight away.

You concede 3 goals to Real Madrid ? And I’m a pool fan an all :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lucky DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jay Z is Lukaku's new agent through his Roc Nation sports management company.

Reports also that Shaw is to sign a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Jay Z is Lukaku's new agent through his Roc Nation sports management company.

Reports also that Shaw is to sign a new contract.

That roc nation news not old? Thought that happened ages ago for some reason

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

That roc nation news not old? Thought that happened ages ago for some reason

It did he left raiola in middle of last season and went with Jay-Z.

He got 99 problems but a Norwich ain't one...

He got 99 problems but a Norwich ain't one...

Oh_yeah_youre_right_whoops_7a53a9be2ee73a8dc1fd34804e485b8e.gifupload png

For some reason those links never seem to work when you put them up j.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

For some reason those links never seem to work when you put them up j.

You're using an internet provider that automatically blocks the content e.g. 3 Mobile Internet.

Turtwig wrote:
    You're using an internet provider that automatically blocks the content e.g. 3 Mobile Internet.

I'm using virgin, which normally blocks nowt.

I'm on the laptop now and can see it. Yer great craic on this thread. The craic is 90 (9).... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It did he left raiola in middle of last season and went with Jay-Z.

Dont think he left Raiola as such and its Just that Roc nation were looking after his sponsorship/image rights side of it. Dunno whether that has changed now though.

I'm on the laptop now and can see it. Yer great craic on this thread. The craic is 90 (9).... :D

You too mate I love the bones of you :)

astradave wrote: »
    Dont think he left Raiola as such and its Just that Roc nation were looking after his sponsorship/image rights side of it. Dunno whether that has changed now though.

Annoyingly you could be right, a few of the places reported he dumped raiola but sports witness said maybe he didn't and it was as you said just marketing but most said he had left them.

Wonder why all of a sudden it's in the news again or are the all just zerking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Annoyingly you could be right, a few of the places reported he dumped raiola but sports witness said maybe he didn't and it was as you said just marketing but most said he had left them.

Wonder why all of a sudden it's in the news again or are the all just zerking it.

I definitely get a sense of deja zerk here.

Thought we discussed this during summer and it was a case of Raiola is still his agent but that the Jay Z thing was related to marketing.

Pogba is still listed as one of Minos clients, and has continued acting as agent for him in the media, I find it highly unlikely Pogba "dumped" him from the way he has been acting in the media and the reports of his involvement in any possible move.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I definitely get a sense of deja zerk here.

Thought we discussed this during summer and it was a case of Raiola is still his agent but that the Jay Z thing was related to marketing.

Pogba is still listed as one of Minos clients, and has continued acting as agent for him in the media, I find it highly unlikely Pogba "dumped" him from the way he has been acting in the media and the reports of his involvement in any possible move.

Lukaku

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

New day, new quotes...

Pogba: "I'm under contract with Man DFU. There were little things with the coach. The relationship is always the same. We have goals. We want to win a lot. As long as I'm not seen with the Barcelona jersey, I'm in Manchester. "

https://twitter.com/telefoot_TF1/status/1038726282970886150

Lord TSC wrote: »
    New day, new quotes...

Pogba: "I'm under contract with Man DFU. There were little things with the coach. The relationship is always the same. We have goals. We want to win a lot. As long as I'm not seen with the Barcelona jersey, I'm in Manchester. "

He did not ****in name drop Barca did he!

That basically reads as a come and get me plea..

How dare Jose force him to make these kind of statements

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I have been a big fan of Pogba and a defender of him on here but if he said that then **** him. I'm done with him.

Get Dembele from them and some cash and good ridence.

I think that's what his I reviews are designed to do for the club to say **** that your not worth it without him actually putting in a transfer request but I'd make him put in request.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ah ffs, this is Ronaldo again but without the wish he would stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

If he name dropped Barca sell him in January. Can't have players hoarding other clubs. We need 100 percent commitment from the players. What sort of message is flirting with the media sending to other players.

• Advertisement

Even though he can add alot to our team, I'd drop him now. Bench him.

Get Herrera or Pereira in there and hopefully Fred settles in.

• My love for Ramos continues to grow

My love for Ramos continues to grow

Love him a great guy all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Love him a great guy all round.

It's a pity some people get all out of joint over him. They should knock that stuff on the head.

It's a pity some people get all out of joint over him. They should knock that stuff on the head.

I'm sure he is worried I'd say he just thinks F them. He would break a bone for his team if he had too.

• Advertisement

I'm sure he is worried I'd say he just thinks F them. He would break a bone for his team if he had too.

His own bone too if he couldn't get an opponent first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My love for Ramos continues to grow

One of the best! Love to see him play a real old fashioned man and ball Centre half!! We could do with one of those n all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Its a real pity ramos doesnt play for barca and id happily swap pogba for him. The drama is too much, and imo he should be gone if these comments being reported the past week to ten days are translated correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We hold all the aces 're Pogba. He has what, 3 years left on his deal? Let Barca pay the same kind of money they paid for coutinho or Dembele and we can talk turkey. Otherwise hawk him to the highest bidder. For the few outstanding performances he has had the majority of his time has been bang average so it's completely different to the Ronaldo situation. Ronaldo was irreplaceable, the version of Pogba we have seen is far from it.

Let him off ta fcuk.

Yep if he wants to go set a price and if anyone wants him enough to pay it off you go. Club is bigger than one player always has been always will be, players who have contributed much more have come and gone.

Shame he can't get his head down and be professional but it is what it is. Foolish time for him to be running his mouth though, just dumb really. Not like he can be sold, should have pushed in the summer if he wanted out.

Club should do what's best for the club here, everything on club terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't think even Di Maria pissed me off as much as Pogba is now.

Four years left on the contract though. At least we should make the money back, although a straight swap for Dembele would suit me. Just get rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

I wonder what a midfield 3 of Matic, Fred and Pereira would be like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't think even Di Maria pissed me off as much as Pogba is now.

Four years left on the contract though. At least we should make the money back, although a straight swap for Dembele would suit me. Just get rid of him.

Pogba is worth twice or three times as much as Dembele at minimum. Just because Barca overpaid for him doesn't change that.

Hope Jose benches him, sure he cant really complain, he hasnt exactly set the leagie alight in the last few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

xtal191 wrote: »
    I wonder what a midfield 3 of Matic, Fred and Pereira would be like

If we were dropping Pogba I'd like to see 352 with a midfield three of Matic, either Fred or Fellaini and then lingard on front of them. Sanchez and Lukaku as a front pairing.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    New day, new quotes...

Who is "Man DFU"?

A very bad google translate.

He was asked directly about the barca rumours, ( after they made bid on him in summer) and his answer was "until you see me in a barca jersey, thats all they will be, rumours"

Too many people too quick to jump the gun and just lay into him straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who is "Man DFU"?

A very bad google translate.

He was asked directly about the barca rumours, ( after they made bid on him in summer) and his answer was "until you see me in a barca jersey, thats all they will be, rumours"

Too many people too quick to jump the gun and just lay into him straight away

Have you a link or a quote to back that up ?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have you a link or a quote to back that up ?

Do you believe what i said, or do you believe he actually said Man DFU??

It was a bull**** quote put together and everyone bites at it straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Do you believe what i said, or do you believe he actually said Man DFU??

It was a bull**** quote put together and everyone bites at it straight away

To be fair, your blind defence of Pogba and all that he is does on and off the pitch is just as bad as those you are trying to have a pop at.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    To be fair, your blind defence of Pogba and all that he is does on and off the pitch is just as bad as those you are trying to have a pop at.

When lads having a go at him for nothing then yes, i will defend him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement