Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Fellaini being a doubt is a worry. We need his physicality against Watford. Giving Deeney free reign over either of our CB's is going to be dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I know it's the internet so serious business but some of the comments in here really annoy me sometimes. Maybe there's some sort of middle ground between Pogba has been great at United and 'never done it consistently and should be sold'?

I'd actually lean towards him being better than I initially thought he'd be in his first season despite the team being crap around him. 2nd season didn't go as anyone planned and he's obviously had a falling out with Jose but if they look to be capable of putting that behind them as they seem to be at least trying to this season (on the pitch anyway) there's no question of keeping him imo.

Pogba has done things that I was crying out for before he joined and was sort of reined in almost in his 2nd season. First season he was playing like he does for France but that wasn't enough for people and maybe not what he wanted to preserve himself as the global superstar. Everyone talking about goals and assists. How many goals did he get at the WC? The price tag makes people, and probably himself sometimes, want him to be something he's not. That can change but I feel signing someone like Fred means that Jose has given in trying to get him to play in the position he does for France which is a bit of a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

But is he could enough to start every week up front for United, I think the answer is no he is not,
    Again he is a good young player but he is no where near the level's of Rooney, Own , Fowler who where un droppable at 18 /19

I agree - and also under Jose I don't think Rashford will ever be the type of forward he plays up front in the formation/style we play.

I think if Rashford was at Liverpool, he would have progressed more and looked better in the Liverpool formation and style which would suit him a lot more. I think he could come in for Firmino/Mane and do well.

* I AM NOT SAYING HE IS BETTER THAN EITHER OF THOSE PLAYERS - JUST THAT I THINK THE ROLES AND STYLE OF THEIR POSITIONS WOULD SUIT RASHFORD AND HE WOULD DO WELL IN IT *

I'm not saying he would start for pool over their current starters but I think he would look a better player for them than at United under Jose.

If United moved to a formation that had a more traditional front pairing, or a more attacking player off the main striker, I think Rashford could also progress and do very well in that position - but at United he would probably still remain second choice in such a role to Sanchez, if not Martial.

I actually think a 352 with something closer to a 'normal' strike pairing would suit, and get so much more, out of Lukaku, Rashford, Sanchez and Martial. The current formation and selections don't get the best of any of them, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I think Rashford would be a better player now, if he was played up top more since his breakthrough. he has played a lot, but under Jose it has generally been as a kinda traditional winger - it has effected his progress as a forward, imo.

Jose says Shaw is free to play tomorrow - no protocall or medical issues stopping it. Just down to fitness and if Shaw feels ready.

I totally forgot that Rashford was suspended for tomorrow.

Its funny that when SAF played Rooney out the wing or Benitez played Kuyt (who was bought as a Dutch goal machine) its seen as practical management depending on the players at their disposal. But Jose is lambasted for it, perhaps its because English pundits don't give a sh*t about United and only care about what is good for England?

Rashford isn't ready and consistent enough to start up front at a top club. International football is low table to championship level football so its not fair to equate what he does for England with the upper Level of the EPL. Hes very young and with that comes inconsistency. Perhaps , like SAF with Giggs, he needs time to grow and become a better rounded player instead the usual great English hype players that burn themselves out young when they think they have made it and don't bother working on their game. .

I don't see him playing out the wing as a problem. Hell Henry started his trade out there, so what makes Rashford a special case ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Liam O wrote: »
    I know it's the internet so serious business but some of the comments in here really annoy me sometimes. Maybe there's some sort of middle ground between Pogba has been great at United and 'never done it consistently and should be sold'?

I'd actually lean towards him being better than I initially thought he'd be in his first season despite the team being crap around him. 2nd season didn't go as anyone planned and he's obviously had a falling out with Jose but if they look to be capable of putting that behind them as they seem to be at least trying to this season (on the pitch anyway) there's no question of keeping him imo.

Pogba has done things that I was crying out for before he joined and was sort of reined in almost in his 2nd season. First season he was playing like he does for France but that wasn't enough for people and maybe not what he wanted to preserve himself as the global superstar. Everyone talking about goals and assists. How many goals did he get at the WC? The price tag makes people, and probably himself sometimes, want him to be something he's not. That can change but I feel signing someone like Fred means that Jose has given in trying to get him to play in the position he does for France which is a bit of a shame.
    I think people problems with Pogba is consistency, Yes he has played amazing and yes he has played crap, At his age the consistency should be there now, IF he really wants to be a great and reach his potential he needs to turn up week in week out , or even be amazing and then decent, not amazing and then crap,
    I don't think anyone with any sense of football can deny he is an amazing player on his day, the issues is his day isn't often enough, The difference between him on his day and off it is huge, 
    Basically he needs to make his bad days not so bad if that makes sense, So even if its not happing still put I in shift and work his ass off,
    Cleary its an attitude thing with him and attitude is seen as easy fixable and its why it causes such outcry by fans and media

Drumpot wrote: »
    Its funny that when SAF played Rooney out the wing or Benitez played Kuyt (who was bought as a Dutch goal machine) its seen as practical management depending on the players at their disposal. But Jose is lambasted for it, perhaps its because English pundits don't give a sh*t about United and only care about what is good for England?

Rashford isn't ready and consistent enough to start up front at a top club. International football is low table to championship level football so its not fair to equate what he does for England with the upper Level of the EPL. Hes very young and with that comes inconsistency. Perhaps , like SAF with Giggs, he needs time to grow and become a better rounded player instead the usual great English hype players that burn themselves out young when they think they have made it and don't bother working on their game. .

I don't see him playing out the wing as a problem. Hell Henry started his trade out there, so what makes Rashford a special case ?
    I think Rooney didn't fulfill his potential as a player and I think that was partly down to Fergie sacrificing him for the team, taking 'advantage' of Rooney's selflessness on the pitch. Playing Rooney as a winger, as he did on occasion, rather than consistently, was a defensive tactic to accomodate Ronaldo.

As for Henry - he was played mostly as a winger for Juventus, and they sold him fairly quickly. At Arsenal he was played as a wide forward (not a more traditional winger) and excelled. So i actually think the Henry comparison is a good one. Played in the same role that Rashford plays, he was sold.

I think Rashford would do very well as a wide forward with the attacking freedom that Henry had, but at United he is played more so as a left midfielder and the defensive responsibilities placed on him (or martial when played there) massive impact his game, imo).

I think Rooney didn't fulfill his potential as a player and I think that was partly down to Fergie sacrificing him for the team, taking 'advantage' of Rooney's selflessness on the pitch. Playing Rooney as a winger, as he did on occasion, rather than consistently, was a defensive tactic to accomodate Ronaldo.

As for Henry - he was played mostly as a winger for Juventus, and they sold him fairly quickly. At Arsenal he was played as a wide forward (not a more traditional winger) and excelled. So i actually think the Henry comparison is a good one. Played in the same role that Rashford plays, he was sold.

I think Rashford would do very well as a wide forward with the attacking freedom that Henry had, but at United he is played more so as a left midfielder and the defensive responsibilities placed on him (or martial when played there) massive impact his game, imo).
    Henry started up top in a front 2 , he just had the licence to drift and more often than not he drifted out left, , I wouldn't call him a wide forward, but I do get where your coming from,

Their is no defence of Pogba. His performances for France and United are there for all to see. Its not rocket science. He said it himself, he wasn't mentally right for a game after putting in a MOM performance less then 7 days previous. Why is that acceptable ? Why would you excuse that as ok ? If people only saw him play for united over the last 2 years I wonder how much they would value him as a player ? What would his actual value be based on United performances . . Not 100mil+ that's for sure and that tells us what we need to know.

What other world class player that cost anywhere near what he cost gets such a defence and excuses ? I haven't once mentioned his Goals/assists stats because they aren't in his plus column in terms of excusing his lethargic displays.

His price is only an issue when hes not applying himself, which again were his words. Not mine, he didn't apply himself for game . . And an even bigger problem is that the team is being built around him. All the excuses about it not suiting him (yet oddly, his first season went ok) at United because of the manager is a red herring defence of a player who shows very little in the way of wanting to thrive at United.

Nobody can actually give a decent defence of him because there is none. Goals/Assist stats are dismissed because he has played a defencive role he doesn't like. But did that very same role for France superbly . . Really funny that . .

How do you excuse his public responses when asked about his comitement to United ? Do you think hes incapable of learning a few lines to even try and pretend he cares about playing for United ? He doesn't even bother trying to lie about the fact he doesn't want to be at the club . .

Even when he moves to Spain some you guys will still defend him. Historically nobody will look back fondly at his time at the club. Even the most optimistic spin doctors would struggle to make Pogba look anything like committed to United on any level . . The only way to do that is by lowering the bar and quoting snippets of information (like he got player of the month) that doesn't really tell us much.

Their is no defence of Pogba. His performances for France and United are there for all to see. Its not rocket science. He said it himself, he wasn't mentally right for a game after putting in a MOM performance less then 7 days previous. Why is that acceptable ? Why would you excuse that as ok ? If people only saw him play for united over the last 2 years I wonder how much they would value him as a player ? What would his actual value be based on United performances . . Not 100mil+ that's for sure and that tells us what we need to know.

What other world class player that cost anywhere near what he cost gets such a defence and excuses ? I haven't once mentioned his Goals/assists stats because they aren't in his plus column in terms of excusing his lethargic displays.

His price is only an issue when hes not applying himself, which again were his words. Not mine, he didn't apply himself for game . . And an even bigger problem is that the team is being built around him. All the excuses about it not suiting him (yet oddly, his first season went ok) at United because of the manager is a red herring defence of a player who shows very little in the way of wanting to thrive at United.

Nobody can actually give a decent defence of him because there is none. Goals/Assist stats are dismissed because he has played a defencive role he doesn't like. But did that very same role for France superbly . . Really funny that . .

How do you excuse his public responses when asked about his comitement to United ? Do you think hes incapable of learning a few lines to even try and pretend he cares about playing for United ? He doesn't even bother trying to lie about the fact he doesn't want to be at the club . .

Even when he moves to Spain some you guys will still defend him. Historically nobody will look back fondly at his time at the club. Even the most optimistic spin doctors would struggle to make Pogba look anything like committed to United on any level . . The only way to do that is by lowering the bar and quoting snippets of information (like he got player of the month) that doesn't really tell us much.
    To be fair he won't last at Madrid or Barca for long, 
    He will then move back to Italy or PSG because of his brand power ,

• Advertisement

To be fair he won't last at Madrid or Barca for long, 
    He will then move back to Italy or PSG because of his brand power ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yup just as we’ve all been told. He’s miserable, wants out, not the same cheeky chap as he used be. Terrible to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Mourinho derides reporter for asking 'stupid' question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Good man Jose. :):)

Speaking about Marcus, I think I can expect that on Sunday I'm going to be highly criticised for not playing him because some of the boys are really obsessed with me and, I think, have a problem with some compulsive lies. So I can expect on Sunday, some of them will wake up in the morning and always the first thing that comes to their mind is Jose Mourinho.

“So I can imagine I'm going to be criticised for not playing Marcus, but it's not my fault. He is suspended, so probably we should remind them that he's suspended and cannot play. Performances with England, of course I am happy. He played well, he competed well, he scored and especially in a period where he comes with some sadness after his suspension. It was very good that he did that.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Another weekly press conferance another rant :rolleyes:

At least there was some merit in telling Carragher to keep his opinions to himself on where Rashford should be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

He made excellent points on Rashford and I think he is 100% right. I enjoyed this press conference.

Quick one as well lads - anyone know of chartered flights for the Juve game ?

Jayo26 - PM ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Mourinho missed the point.

Carragher was talking about Rashford playing as a Centre Forward not how many mins.
    I think Rashford in a more forward position as a wide forward/striker anywhere along a front 3 would be much more effective rather as a wide player as part of the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MD1990 wrote: »

Carragher was talking about Rashford playing as a Centre Forward not how many mins.
    I think Rashford in a more forward position as a wide forward/striker anywhere along a front 3 would be much more effective rather as a wide player as part of the midfield.
    Yeah, like where he's played his entire United career.

You may remember him from such occasions as when Liverpool were definitely going to finish 2nd in the league last season and he rattled in 2 back in March.

• Advertisement

Mourinho is a world class coach who has won everything in the game. Carragher is a sky sports pundit with zero management experience who even mocked a far more successful player who knows more about what it takes to be successful (Neville)..

But Carragher is a funny likable chap who Normal Joe Soaps can relate to so I guess It makes more sense to respect what he says.... :pac:

The only mistake Jose arguably makes is getting in the ring with uninformed armchair pundits and media people whose job is to create or sensationalise club issues ...

Carragher was talking about Rashford playing  as a Centre Forward not how many mins.
    I think Rashford in a more forward position as a wide forward/striker anywhere along a front 3 would be much more effective rather as a wide player  as part of the midfield.

Mourinho is a world class coach who has won everything in the game. Carragher is a sky sports pundit with zero management experience  who even mocked a far more successful player who knows more about what it takes to be successful (Neville)..

But Carragher is a funny likable chap who Normal Joe Soaps can relate to so I guess It makes more sense to respect what he says.... :pac:

The only mistake Jose arguably makes is getting in the ring with uninformed armchair pundits and media people whose job is to create or sensationalise club issues ...
    I don't think Cara is having a go at Jose, Just talking about what Rashford  should of for himself to become a better number 9( if that's where he wants to play)
    To be fair to Rashford wouldn't be starting as a 9 for any of the other top 6 so its not really a go at Jose,

You may remember him from such occasions as when Liverpool were definitely going to finish 2nd in the league last season and he rattled in 2 back in March.

Who said this?

I constantly see this from rival fans. Completely untrue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Who said this?

You apparently also see Rashford playing in midfield :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Who said this?

Not sure if he said they'd finish second, but I defintely recall him saying they were the second best team in the league. Some will argue there's a difference, I don't think there is.

pjohnson wrote: »
    You apparently also see Rashford playing in midfield :pac:

It depends on how you define his position.

He plays deeper than the front 3's of Liverpool,Barca & PSG for example as they don't drop into their own half to defend.

Anyway Carragher was saying Rashford would need to leave if he wants to play as a striker so doesnt really change that point.

Rashford finishing especially when time to think is a huge flaw in his game needs to add some composure.

• Advertisement

He plays deeper than the front 3's of Liverpool,Barca & PSG for example as they don't drop into their own half to defend.

Anyway Carragher was saying Rashford would need to leave if he wants to play as a striker so doesnt really change that point.

Rashford finishing especially when time to think is a huge flaw in his game needs to add some composure.

I actually don't think he should look to be a number 9 striker like Carragher seemed to be alluding to.

I think the more fluid positions that we see the likes of the PSG, Barca and Liverpool players run in, is what would suit him.

His pace, technique and skill should be used by attacking between fullback and CB, from wide. Rather than as a number 9 looking to lead the line and bring others into the game through hold up play etc. He isn't suited to the role that Lukaku or Kane play, imo.

I think he could be a great partner for Lukaku as part of a forward line - I just think the more defensive wide role that he (and anyone else out there for United) need to play doesn't suit him in terms of getting the best out of him.

Jurgen Klopp “scoffs” at pundits

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0914/993742-jurgen-klopp-scoffs-at-gary-nevilles-suggestion/

But Jose “mounts a remarkable defence from pundits who get under his skin”

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0914/993715-mourinho-defends-use-of-rashford-and-attacks-pundits/

Both responding to pundits questioning their management and who comes out sounding more authoritive ? Based on the narrative it’s just another Jose rant but it’s Klopp dismissing Neville in an almost humerous authoritive manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Salah and Mane definitely drop into their own half to defend. There is a greater emphasis on getting forward when the ball is won though so they are closer to the goal in attacking situations but they are still just in front of their defenders when defending for longer periods.

PSG play far inferior teams for 90% of the season so can do what they like.

Dont drop into thier own half thats simply untrue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0914/993742-jurgen-klopp-scoffs-at-gary-nevilles-suggestion/

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0914/993715-mourinho-defends-use-of-rashford-and-attacks-pundits/

Both responding to pundits questioning their management and who comes out sounding more authoritive ? Based on the narrative it’s just another Jose rant but it’s Klopp dismissing Neville in an almost humerous authoritive manner.

Those teeth tho.

• Advertisement

Those teeth tho.

klopp-fgirmino-teeth.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=742&h=417&crop=1

• Liam O wrote: »

QONVIyz.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dont drop into thier own half thats simply untrue

Guess he doesn't see much of Liverpool either then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't like Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fake hair, fake teeth, fake smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I don't like Klopp

I don't mind him tbh, he's kinda like a toddler on speed. He is grand when things are going his way, all joking and what not but when things don't go his way he can be as big a nitwit as anyone. There has been no real pressure on him up to this point but spending record sums on players means there has to be some sort of tangible return. Top 4 finishes and losing finals are wonderful and all that but with the heavy investment he has been given one has to feel that a trophy of some sort needs to be won this year to keep things ticking over before the players are run into the ground.

But neither manager's management was questioned,
    Rashford's choice's for his own future was questioned , Neville gave his opinion in what Liverpool should prioritise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Haven't watched a full 90 minutes of any of these teams this season but surely that's a load of bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

beno619 wrote: »
    Haven't watched a full 90 minutes of any of these teams this season but surely that's a load of bull.

There were average team positions posted in here for the first few games and United were fairly deep in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There were average team positions posted in here for the first few games and United were fairly deep in them.

Average team positions doesn't back up his point that Salah and Mane don't track back to their own half.. average team positions for United against Burnley showed the whole team in the opposition half except for the 2 CB.. average team position is a bull**** metric

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Average team positions doesn't back up his point that Salah and Mane don't track back to their own half.. average team positions for United against Burnley showed the whole team in the opposition half except for the 2 CB.. average team position is a bull**** metric

Unless your the furthest forward attacking team then your just glorious.

Mane and Salah do track back, especially Mane?

If Mane plays left wing and his average position is behind the half way line then it's pretty fair to say he spent a lot of his time tracking back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Mane and Salah do track back, especially Mane?

If Mane plays left wing and his average position is behind the half way line then it's pretty fair to say he spent a lot of his time tracking back.

Of course they do, you and I know that, hell most people that watch football do, but MD1990 is saying they don't, which was the convo that you replied to initially

Of course they do, you and I know that, hell most people that watch football do, but MD1990 is saying they don't, which was the convo that you replied to initially

Oh I missed that.... Carry on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I presume the OP was joking ?
    It had to be said in jest otherwise the poster has obviously never watched Pool play .

Can't fúcking wait for tomorrow's game.

Sure, I could be tearing my hair out after 30 minutes watching it, but I'm anxious for United to get the ball rolling again and try to put distance between themselves and those poor Brighton and Spurs defeats.

This next block of games between international breaks...
    September

Sat 15th: Watford (a) PL
    Wed 19th: Young Boys (a) CL
    Sat 22nd: Wolves (h) PL
    Tues 25th: Derby (h) EFL Cup
    Sat 29th: West Ham (a) PL

October

Tues 2nd: Valencia (h) CL
    Sat 6th: Newcastle (h) PL
    Whatever about the CL games, the others constitute what some might rightfully call a favourable run of games. A run where the likes of Dalot could get a chance to show what he can do, where Shaw can hopefully continue on his progression.

Whatever players get a chance, it's a run where we need to be picking up close to maximum points in the league and a win in the EFL.

I wont lie though, Watford and Young Boys away, plus Valencia at OT, concern me. A win tomorrow would be huge, and not something I'd take for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

'Jose: I'm in the dark over Pogba '

http://www.skysports.com/share/11497831

Jose says Pogba has never asked him to leave the club..

bangkok wrote: »
    'Jose: I'm in the dark over Pogba '

http://www.skysports.com/share/11497831

Jose says Pogba has never asked him to leave the club..

IB3Qu59.gif

Scent of a Pogba.

Here are all of Jose's words...

In this moment I'm completely in the dark...

The only thing that is clear for me is that the player never, never in all these days we are together, told me he wants to leave.

Paul came back after the World Cup in the week before the start of the Premier League so we have been together for about two months or so and he has never told me that he wants to leave.

So I can only comment on what is real for me, not in what I read, not in what I listen to. I have no direct relation with the people that write or the people I listen to.

"I have a direct relation with the players and he never told me he wants to leave. If he doesn't tell me he wants to leave it's because he wants to stay - that's my conclusion."

On whether Raiola is trying to engineer a move for Pogba...

I don't know if that is true," he added. "I need the agent to tell you (the media) in a way that I can see.

"For example this week I read a few things that Gareth Southgate supposedly said but then I watched the footage and he didn't say at all what was written.

"So if I watch Mr Raiola saying on the screen that the player wants to leave and that he is organising a way for him to try to leave then I will believe."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

IB3Qu59.gif

Scent of a Pogba.

Here are all of Jose's words...

He basically said the press are writing bull

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    He basically said the press are writing bull

Great to see the manager support Pogba any which way he can.

I think I speak for us all when I say I am Looking forward to a season of good , consistent performances and no excuses will be needed for Pogba cause like he’s obviously going to give it his all, what with being captain aswell... like most top players he won’t divide opinions cause his on field efforts will be there for all to see...

Since he has shown a great capacity to play a more defencive role for France I don’t think we need to worry about him underperforming in the same position if he’s asked to do the same for united.

I’m also looking forward to him putting transfer rumors to bed if he’s asked again and clarifying that his “I’m a united player at least for the next few months” comments were just lost in translation.. Cause he’s totally committed to united and wants to win the league and champions league at our great club.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement