Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sanchez needs to go, has only had a handful of good games since he signed.

Just about hung in there in the end. Midfield showed signs of improvement in first half. We're not getting the best out of Sanchez at all, it's something the coaches will have to keep working on.

Was happy enough with how most of the team played but Martial doesn't look interested.

Agree about Sanchez, but thought Martial offered something fresh and was a threat when he came on.

His first touch/pass was a mis-hit, but after that I thought he came into it. He looked dangerous on both the left and the right and was central to a nice move which almost saw Sanchez on the score-sheet but for a great last minute tackle.

Martial has a lot of rust on him having only gotten 60 minutes against Brighton. That was a poor, disinterested performance alright.

After the off-field drama between he and the manager, I'm just happy for now that there's a chance for him to get back into the side.

Still though, in his 4th season at the club, I need to see more than small steps. If for instance he is given a starting place on Wednesday, I'll be expecting more than a 'threat' and him just looking dangerous with his play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

TheDoc wrote: »
    If I was Jose and Ed I’d start putting wheels in motion to offload Sanchez in January.

Absolute non entity, on ridiculous money that is going to cause problems in other contract negotiations and just not doing anything.

Flog him off and make a few quid before everyone gets wise to him having lost it.

Most frustrating player I see for us without fail. We’ve actually come off horrendously from that swop deal

Think that horse has well and truly bolted now tbh. It's basically two years since he's had any kind of consistent good form. Keep in mind when we bought him the question was already is it just a blip or has he went over the cliff so to speak. Add to that now he has no incentive to leave other than personal ambition given the terms he's on because nobody else will give him that money now barring a Chinese/UAE calling.

On Pogba today, as much as I was enjoying him in the first half, as soon as Watford got on top in the second half he crumbled. The least bit of pressure and he'd concede possession.

Fellaini was good but Christ if it's not some indictment on our Summer that we have to drop a midfielder into the backline for the sole purpose of taking the ball from the goalkeeper & centre halves so that it can be moved forward. Absolute joke that you'd have to sacrifice a midfield player for sequences of play because you don't have a centre back you can rely on to play a sensible pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We seem to have swapped a dud for a dud, it’s very unfortunate. We have Pogba and Sanchez on the wage bill eating up almost 30 million a year basic and not contributing anywhere near the level necessary to justify that amount.

Getting rid of both could see 200+ million in fees and 500 grand a week extra wages to play with, would we even notice them gone? Probably not. We threw away money under Van Gaal and then we seemed restricted this summer despite finishing 20 points behind City. It is vital the club get their act together with transfers and start bringing in some quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Don't see anyone taking on Sanchez at his current wage levels and why would he take a cut? So I guess he is staying unless we give him away for half nothing or continue paying a large chunk of his wages. Pogba is a different story, I think one of the big clubs will be willing to take a punt on him in terms of a decent fee and his wage demands. Sooner the better on that one from my point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Martial looked to me like a fella whose heart isn't in it anymore and doesn't give a flying fook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The win was the main thing today and we got it. I had the game on in background so didn't see much as had family over but I got the impression once we got into a winning position we stopped playing as usual.

We have been doing this for long now you wonder who started it and when if ever it will end.

I seen good bit the city game early on and we once played in a similar manner in that when you got first goal it was only a step to build onto your second and so forth. Attacking was the best from of defense.

I can't remember the last United team to go out playing teams off the pitch and scoring goals for fun.

We had a run of 4s last year but didn't last long. For the last few seasons every year we seem to be talking more about who needs to go and what needs to be changed I wonder when will we finally be seen as stable and be in a state of progression again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

fellaini excellent today, pogba passing off both feet was world class, matic solid as a 3 in midfield worked very well together.

dont know what jose will do with sanchez, another awful performance today, he is lucky he wasnt subbed off sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Martial looked to me like a fella whose heart isn't in it anymore and doesn't give a flying fook.

Could have done with dumping Martial in the Summer. If it’s true that the board/himself see him outlasting Mourinho, that’s a disgraceful way to run a club. Who’s to say he will perform for the next manager anyway? I don’t want to see him in the squad at this stage. Biggest waster I’ve seen at United since Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

yabadabado wrote: »
    You must be the only poster who thinks your reply was intended to be a joke.

Well as the author of my post I actually know what was intended but maybe it's a bit too subtle for you to get which is cool, you seem hell bent on being angry/defensive so crack on, knock yourself out. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Could have done with dumping Martial in the Summer. If it’s true that the board/himself see him outlasting Mourinho, that’s a disgraceful way to run a club. Who’s to say he will perform for the next manager anyway? I don’t want to see him in the squad at this stage. Biggest waster I’ve seen at United since Di Maria.

Couldn't agree more. Don't need anyone at the club with that attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Fellaini was good but Christ if it's not some indictment on our Summer that we have to drop a midfielder into the backline for the sole purpose of taking the ball from the goalkeeper & centre halves so that it can be moved forward. Absolute joke that you'd have to sacrifice a midfield player for sequences of play because you don't have a centre back you can rely on to play a sensible pass.

Lindelof and Smalling are more than capable.

Fellaini has been used to successfully navigate two potentially difficult away games, Mourinho has absolutely nailed it and of it wasn't for some poor fishing against Burnley and last ditch defending/solid saves from Watford today we could have scored 4 or 5 goals in both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Jose Mourinho on Chris Smalling: ‘He was good. He was good. The only thing I don’t like in Chris at this moment is his haircut.
    ‘But I am nobody to tell him that.’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

beno619 wrote: »
    Lindelof and Smalling are more than capable.

Fellaini has been used to successfully navigate two potentially difficult away games, Mourinho has absolutely nailed it and of it wasn't for some poor fishing against Burnley and last ditch defending/solid saves from Watford today we could have scored 4 or 5 goals in both games.

Then why was Herrera asked to drop into the back line and do the same thing at home to Spurs?

To come away from today lamenting not scoring "4 or 5" is being positive if nothing else I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What game were you watching
    Pogba was utter rubbish.. passing off both feet was nowhere near good enough for his supposed works class status.. he did nothing when the game was in the melting pot as usual.. two up and suddenly he's acting like he cares
    Take off the blinkers would you
    Fellaini and Matic easily better than him... and did it all game long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Well as the author of my post I actually know what was intended but maybe it's a bit too subtle for you to get which is cool, you seem hell bent on being angry/defensive so crack on, knock yourself out. ;)

As I said you must be the only one ....

Look I'll leave it at that, I dont want you to feel like you're a victim of my anger or defensive posts, as I know you come in peace.Cheerio and remember this is a safe place.

brinty wrote: »
    Pogba was utter rubbish.. passing off both feet was nowhere near good enough for his supposed works class status.. he did nothing when the game was in the melting pot as usual.. two up and suddenly he's acting like he cares

Pogba had a great game for us today. Was all over the pitch and his passing was excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »

Pogba was class he bossed that game from start to finish.

He made space to allow fellaini room to be a part of the build up to the two goals and near the end you could even see him directing Dave where to dive it was magical.

All round boss performance by pogba I'll have more of that please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Jose Mourinho on Chris Smalling: ‘He was good. He was good. The only thing I don’t like in Chris at this moment is his haircut.

Headline tomorrow

"Jose Mourinho launches scathing attack on Chris Smallings hair dresser"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Thinking back smailling had a great game. The hair must be a good luck charm, watford directness suited him today.

Fair play to watford though, liked their style of play and its a tight knit group there. Id say they'll win over a lot of neutral fans this season and cause a few upsets, think they'll do well if they can keep the form going.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »

He made space to allow fellaini room to be a part of the build up to the two goals and near the end you could even see him directing Dave where to dive it was magical.

He thrives when lads ahead of him are making runs. Fellani and matic doing the ugly work gave him more responsibilty to setup attacks. Think people want to see him score, if not he's having a bad game. Thought he did well myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Headline tomorrow

Pfft amateur.
    "Jose Mourinho scathing remarks on Chris Smalling hair were yet another indication of his problems with Paul Pogba"

Turtwig wrote: »
    Pfft amateur.
    "Jose Mourinho scathing remarks on Chris Smalling hair were yet another indication of his problems with Paul Pogba"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Bad haircuts and horrendous away jersies.Christ who chose that colour ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jose Mourinho blamed for poor attacking play on Chris Smallings hairdresser.

Love that tackle by Lukaku tracking back, he's quick for a big man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

:pac:

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Love that tackle by Lukaku tracking back, he's quick for a big man

Usain Bolt quick for a big man as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That away kit is growing on me. 100% record while wearing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy with that win.

Really was not confident before the game that we would win but delighted to see 3 points

bangkok wrote: »
    Usain Bolt quick for a big man as well :)

I knew someone would say that, Speaking of which, think he plays in the australian league now which is gas

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

oh and the majority of you are glory hunters. You will try and convince yourselves you arent for a while, but you devote more to Liverpool losing than to Utd winning. Its because a lot of you are here to look down on people. Its funny now cos Ferguson retired and the club lost the plot. But hey, **** it, Ive seen a ton of experts on this webzone. There is no way the Man Utd section of boards.ie is driven by small time greed and desires. the posters are above that. despite massive man utd trolls over years that wreck the forum and make it **** to post in hence load of old good posters leaving. Its obviously me bringing that up which is the problem. Not at all the bull**** bubble this website likes to exist in. I mean those admins that enjoy videos of women putting fish in their vagina's have a lot of great stuff to say

BMMachine wrote: »
    oh and the majority of you are glory hunters. You will try and convince yourselves you arent for a while, but you devote more to Liverpool losing than to Utd winning. Its because a lot of you are here to look down on people. Its funny now cos Ferguson retired and the club lost the plot. But hey, **** it, Ive seen a ton of experts on this webzone. There is no way the Man Utd section of boards.ie is driven by small time greed and desires. the posters are above that. despite massive man utd trolls over years that wreck the forum and make it **** to post in hence load of old good posters leaving. Its obviously me bringing that up which is the problem. Not at all the bull**** bubble this website likes to exist in. I mean those admins that enjoy videos of women putting fish in their vagina's have a lot of great stuff to say

I started supporting United when they were badly trailing Liverpool in the 80s, but I absolutely am a glory hunter. United have lost the plot in the last few years especially at the upper levels within the club, and I seek those glory days once again.

How would you rate Jose? Would you think he is the boss who will bring United back to glory days? Or are we just dancing in the dark with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Maybe it's time to take a break from the internet?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

nah I bring it up and there is 3 pages of over compensation and denial. Its a thing. Man United, Glory hunting. its there, its a culture of the club. its very alive here, its very alive on this forum. Its why the trolls are always man utd heads. They like it. They like looking down on people. Thats them, they are that small. Why else does Mick walk on ice? Its because he likes trolling and mods dont want to see it that way because a few like him. whats real doesnt matter now :) **** it , Trump yourselves silly

nah I bring it up and there is 3 pages of over compensation and denial. Its a thing. Man United, Glory hunting. its there, its a culture of the club. its very alive here, its very alive on this forum. Its why the trolls are always man utd heads. They like it. They like looking down on people. Thats them, they are that small. Why else does Mick walk on ice? Its because he likes trolling and mods dont want to see it that way because a few like him. whats real doesnt matter now :) **** it , Trump yourselves silly

I for one am going to miss your sterling contributions to the site.

I'll member them fondly.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I for one am going to miss your sterling contributions to the site.

I'll member them fondly.

:)

Ah his bi/tri monthly conspiracy/bítch rant

Trump yourself silly, is brilliant so fair play on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Then why was Herrera asked to drop into the back line and do the same thing at home to Spurs?

To come away from today lamenting not scoring "4 or 5" is being positive if nothing else I guess.

Herrera played because Baily had **** the bed against Brighton imo, nothing to do with ability to play out the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

We love you too....

Group hug for the angriest man on the Internet 🤣

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

simpsons-walk-in-walk-out-gif-11.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

• I repeat, this thread continues to bring the gold sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Have you got a blog or a newsletter that I could follow?

Controversial views but you are a voice of reason and nobody can put BMMachine in the corner .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The worst part about this site is that it's taken so long to perma ban such an obvious troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The worst part about this site is that it's taken so long to perma ban such an obvious troll

Some of them seem immune like the match topic shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Are you on your way out or coming home?

Even in anger, paragraphs are useful..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement