Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

BMMachine wrote: »
    oh and the majority of you are glory hunters. You will try and convince yourselves you arent for a while, but you devote more to Liverpool losing than to Utd winning. Its because a lot of you are here to look down on people. Its funny now cos Ferguson retired and the club lost the plot. But hey, **** it, Ive seen a ton of experts on this webzone. There is no way the Man Utd section of boards.ie is driven by small time greed and desires. the posters are above that. despite massive man utd trolls over years that wreck the forum and make it **** to post in hence load of old good posters leaving. Its obviously me bringing that up which is the problem. Not at all the bull**** bubble this website likes to exist in. I mean those admins that enjoy videos of women putting fish in their vagina's have a lot of great stuff to say

Go home BM, you're starting to come down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

CiMWzCH.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

BMMachine wrote:
    oh and the majority of you are glory hunters. You will try and convince yourselves you arent for a while, but you devote more to Liverpool losing than to Utd winning. Its because a lot of you are here to look down on people. Its funny now cos Ferguson retired and the club lost the plot. But hey, **** it, Ive seen a ton of experts on this webzone. There is no way the Man Utd section of boards.ie is driven by small time greed and desires. the posters are above that. despite massive man utd trolls over years that wreck the forum and make it **** to post in hence load of old good posters leaving. Its obviously me bringing that up which is the problem. Not at all the bull**** bubble this website likes to exist in. I mean those admins that enjoy videos of women putting fish in their vagina's have a lot of great stuff to say

Pot kettle black there perhaps
    When did you start supporting Liverpool... During their 70/80's heydays when they were winning it all.. or later than that..
    I started supporting United in 1988 when we'd not won a league in 21 years,supported them through the boom and recent bust and continue to do so
    But whatever suits your agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Zlatan's 500th career goal was so Zlatan. Google it, it's something to behold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Zlatan's 500th career goal was so Zlatan. Google it, it's something to behold.

It was a zlatan goal alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Pretty accurate summary of yesterdays game

https://twitter.com/TheManUtdWay/status/1041035463774162944

How anyone could describe pogba as outstanding is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Well he was out there standing, on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pogba is turning into Marmite.

I feel with some people there's just no in between, he's either superb or rubbish.

I thought he very good yesterday, some of his passing was superb but he gave it away some times as well but you have to take the good and the bad when it comes to Pogba I find. Just fingers crossed there's more good than bad

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Just fingers crossed there's more good than bad

How many world class players do you have to say that about?

Pogba is supposed to be the lynchpin of the entire side, the team has been shaped and changed to accommodate him and relies upon the man in his position doing his job in order to function. It cannot afford that player to be a moody and inconsistent passenger seemingly at random.

Do you think City are the same team if Silva was sometimes good and sometimes bad? Do Madrid cross their fingers that Modric turns up today? Would Barca have been as dominant if Iniesta or Xavi were unreliable game to game?

I'll take the good with the bad from a lot of players, but United are going nowhere if they have to rely on Pogba and his "maybe good maybe bad" performance lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Headshot wrote: »
    Pogba is turning into Marmite.

I feel with some people there's just no in between, he's either superb or rubbish.

I wouldn’t agree. People can give objective views. I thought he was a bit of both yesterday. Brilliant for maybe 40 minutes when things were going well and then rubbish when things for tough.

Personally I’d be happy to see him out of the club. He just can’t be relied on. The thing is, he’s very rarely just average. He’s either very good or very bad. More often than not bad imo.

Another thing I find a little weird is people calling for Sanchez’s head after less than a season at the club yet defending Pogba to the hilt after a couple of seasons or more of being underwhelming.

It’s also a bit galling to read the likes of “people must expect him to score more goals or something..” yada yada when that rarely is brought up and the reasons people are criticizing him are explained but ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Pogba was good overall yesterday, nothing new there either when we were on top he looked very good when we were under the cosh and needed leadership and someone to dictate he was found wanting. It's just not his game.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Wait.......what are you on about

That was a rollercoaster of a comment

Wolves are very impressive itll be a tough game next week

Wolves are very impressive itll be a tough game next week

Think a lot of the 'lesser' teams are really doing well this season, quality of teams has really risen this season imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Watched that De Gea save again and even 3 Watford players had their hands up about to celebrate which shows how bloody good it was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Watched that De Gea save again and even 3 Watford players had their hands up about to celebrate which shows how bloody good it was

I sense the “he’s conceded x goals from his last x shots” brigade will be looking for something new to chime in with now.

I sense the “he’s conceded x goals from his last x shots” brigade will be looking for something new to chime in with now.

Best keeper in the world, no denying it. Anyone who says different needs their head examined

Distribution next

How anyone could describe pogba as outstanding is beyond me

He was probably the 2nd best utd player after fellaini

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    He was probably the 2nd best utd player after fellaini

Don't think so Smalling would have a shout for that and in terms of match influence you could certainly argue De Gea also.

He was very good when things were going well not so good when they weren't. A typical pogba performance, nothing outstanding, nothing awful.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Best keeper in the world, no denying it. Anyone who says different needs their head examined

You cant say that tbh, go watch Oblak and you cant come away saying DDG is better
    I dont see a difference between either of them
    Although by the end of the season i see Alisson and Ederson being branded at the best :pac::pac:

Don't think so Smalling would have a shout for that and in terms of match influence you could certainly argue De Gea also.

He was very good when things were going well not so good when they weren't. A typical pogba performance, nothing outstanding, nothing awful.

Some of his passing was outstanding yesterday.

Another thing is, if fellaini is going to keep his place in the team, matic needs to be dropped or start to have more influence going forward. We cant be just depending on pogba to be our midfield creator or we will become too predictable

http://www.squawka.com/en/news/pogba-finds-his-role-five-things-learned-as-man-utd-see-off-watford-with-2-1-win/1059059

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Reality is with pogba, it's his 3rd season at the club and hasn't put any lasting mark on the team, if he was out injured for an extended period United would be no better or worse off.
    All this from at the time a world record signing isn't good enough.

irishman86 wrote: »
    You cant say that tbh, go watch Oblak and you cant come away saying DDG is better
    I dont see a difference between either of them
    Although by the end of the season i see Alisson and Ederson being branded at the best :pac::pac:

DeGea been doing it for years being the top level keeper. Im not dismissing Oblak, absolute quality player and if we were to lose degea to the likes of madrid, Oblak would be the guy id want to replace him.

The other 2, ederson did well last season, see if he can continue the forn this season.

Allison while starting well hasbt proved if he can keep it going all season. Replacing karius nakes him look better

Some of his passing was outstanding yesterday.

Another thing is, if fellaini is going to keep his place in the team, matic needs to be dropped or start to have more influence going forward. We cant be just depending on pogba to be our midfield creator or we will become too predictable

http://www.squawka.com/en/news/pogba-finds-his-role-five-things-learned-as-man-utd-see-off-watford-with-2-1-win/1059059

Jose is doing his best to accommodate Pogba by having two player who are discipled enough and tactically aware enough to make up for Pogbas deficiency.

Be great if he started influencing more often at a high level alright. You're right though, Deschamp sees Pogbas strengths and weaknesses same way as Jose, Sanchez was brought in to help with the creativity much like Griezmann for France.

It's if you have to rely on Pogba you will probably be let down. If he can chip in here and there and keep the popping the ball out to the wide men to create rather than have that responsibility himself you'll be alright I am in full agreement with you on that point.

Jose is doing his best to accommodate Pogba by having two player who are discipled enough and tactically aware enough to make up for Pogbas deficiency.

Be great if he started influencing more often at a high level alright. You're right though, Deschamp sees Pogbas strengths and weaknesses same way as Jose, Sanchez was brought in to help with the creativity much like Griezmann for France.

It's if you have to rely on Pogba you will probably be let down. If he can chip in here and there and keep the popping the ball out to the wide men to create rather than have that responsibility himself you'll be alright I am in full agreement with you on that point.

I think also he basically plays fellaini as an extra defender is because he doesnt trust smalling or lindelof

I doubt fellaini starts via wolves different kind of outfit probably not fair but it is what it is, although if he does play itd be further forward to by pass the press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I think also he basically plays fellaini as an extra defender is because he doesnt trust smalling or lindelof

He did a great job pitching in yesterday and mopping things up. He's turned out a brilliant signing. Rarely puts a foot wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I thought Pogba had an excellent first half yesterday and in the 2nd half he did drop a bit performance wise, but so did everybody else apart from 1.

Even in the second half when he was apparently playing terrible he was still playing through balls to Martial and Sanchez which eased alot of pressure on our defence each time.

Of course he could be more consistent, he does have off days, but the way some of ye are saying he is playing is just madness at this stage and other players are getting away with even worse.

Matic was fairly anonymous yesterday, the worst of our 3 midfielders, and got a silly stupid sending off and nothing is said about it because he is the darling around here. Sanchez was also anonymous and has been for the majority since he signed and nothing much is said about it.

Fellaini was very good and so was Smalling, however Smalling is still grabbing too much. Lindeloff had a good game too.

Questions need to be asked of all players and management on how we are able to get a lead in games and then fold around the 60th min. It's been happening for too long now. We just invite pressure and our defence isn't good enough to cope with constant pressure. We would be ****ed without De Gea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

For me Fellaini is undroppable at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

ElChe32 wrote: »
    For me Fellaini is undroppable at the moment.

I used to not rate him at all when we signed him first but find him so reliable now.

I dont think Fellaini suits a quick passing side like wolves you need more dtnamic players who are quick on the turn.

On shanchez while i dont think he was good on another day he gets 2 goals and maybe an assist. He is still proving the most key passes this season in the team.

Although i do feel he may have lost a bit of pace which is a worry he seems incapable of beating anyone dribbling past them

He is most definitely used as a shield against teams who are physical and direct. Perfect for the last two games. He was immense yesterday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

AidoEirE wrote: »
    DeGea been doing it for years being the top level keeper. Im not dismissing Oblak, absolute quality player and if we were to lose degea to the likes of madrid, Oblak would be the guy id want to replace him.

The other 2, ederson did well last season, see if he can continue the forn this season.

Allison while starting well hasbt proved if he can keep it going all season. Replacing karius nakes him look better

I dont think Ederson/Alisson are top keepers at all. It was more a joke about how famous teams goalies are known hence better in the fans eyes :pac:

I call it the Victor Valdes affect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pogba was decent for about 40 minutes and then disappeared, if that 40 minutes is meant to be a “take that” to his detractors we have a lot to be worried about. He did the minimum I would expect against a Watford midfield that indulged him for the most part and gave him plenty of time and space to pick out the highlight reel passes and then when they put some pressure on us in the second half and he had less space he may as well have sat on the bench.

He just won’t work out and united, and will be gone either in January or next summer I’m guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Or you could see it as Jose playing his preferred formation, 4-2-3-1, and shoehorning Pogba into it even though there isn't a natural place for him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So who's gonna post the next rant here in the early hours of tomorrow morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What criteria shall be used for grading the submissions?

Turtwig wrote: »

Is there a scale? This morning's must have been high up on it.:)

Somebody may as well, not like there's any consequence to it.
    Its a thing. Man United, Glory hunting. its there, its a culture of the club. its very alive here, its very alive on this forum. Its why the trolls are always man utd heads. They like it. They like looking down on people. Thats them, they are that small. Why else does Mick walk on ice? Its because he likes trolling and mods dont want to see it that way because a few like him.
    This for example did not get carded.
    The worst part about this site is that it's taken so long to perma ban such an obvious troll
    This did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Turtwig wrote: »

Show of hatred to United -10pts
    Show of drunkeness(judged by spelling mistakes) -10pts
    Show of hatred to Soccer mods/former mods - 30pts
    Show of hatred boards.ie as a whole - 50pts
    Funny Gif - 100pts
    Drunken Selfie - 200pts
    Drunken selfie with coke and hookers - 1 million pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Somebody may as well, not like there's any consequence to it.
    There are actually.
    This for example did not get carded.
    It didn't but not everything HAS to get carded. The poster is question was given a holiday.
    This did.
    Not advisable to make an accusation about trolling/ mod discussion within the thread.

So with that let me emphasise:

Mod: Please do not discuss moderation in thread. Consider this your piece of slack. Helpdesk, pm the mods. just don't discuss it in the thread.
    Thanks

Pogba was decent for about 40 minutes and then disappeared, if that 40 minutes is meant to be a “take that” to his detractors we have a lot to be worried about. He did the minimum I would expect against a Watford midfield that indulged him for the most part and gave him plenty of time and space to pick out the highlight reel passes and then when they put some pressure on us in the second half and he had less space he may as well have sat on the bench.

He just won’t work out and united, and will be gone either in January or next summer I’m guessing.

Decent for 40 min?

Judge players over 90mins... he was prob our 2nd best player after fellaini

Sanchez was crap for the whole game

• Advertisement

Per the Mirror.
    Eric Bailly could be ready to quit United in January with Spurs and Arsenal interested.

United also said to want Mauro Icardi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Decent for 40 min?

Judge players over 90mins... he was prob our 2nd best player after fellaini

Sanchez was crap for the whole game

Why do you need to keep mentioning Sanchez when someone discusses how Pogba played.

People have criticised Sanchez I don't see how his performance has anything to do with Pogba.

But it is nice to see you actually giving Fellaini some well deserved praise.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Why do you need to keep mentioning Sanchez when someone discusses how Pogba played.

People have criticised Sanchez I don't see how his performance has anything to do with Pogba.

But it is nice to see you actually giving Fellaini some well deserved praise.

I said more that once he was the best player on the pitch. A well deserved motm performance. A valuable first team player

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement