Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    He will be a good surprise. Fast, strong and a good crosser of the ball

What is this based on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What is this based on?

Watching him play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Watching him play

A small sample size so.

yabadabado wrote: »
    A small sample size so.

Dont need much to see if a player is fast and strong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watching him play

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

#intheknow

Its not hard to tell if a player is fast or not.

Dont need much to see if a player is fast and strong...

Yeah because that's all you need to make it at the top level.

How many times have you seen him play?

Yeah because that's all you need to make it at the top level.

How many times have you seen him play?

About 4 times. Enough to know he is fast, strong and can cross a ball

Someone get this dude a scouting job.

• Advertisement

Someone get this dude a scouting job.

Its really not hard to know if a player is fast or strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

bangkok wrote:
    I think Dalot will surprise a few

I just got a serious dose of deja vu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The most talked about traits for Dalot from every scout and scouting site. has been his speed, strength and crossing abilities.
    Love people ripping into Bangkok for mentioning these traits might surprise a few, and questioning how he would know this, or what his style is like.

If it's a case of 4 games not being enough to judge I'm sure people will limit discussing his traits after tomorrows game, wait until an acceptable sample size is formed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ah it’s just nonsense like. A player that’s fast and strong in a couple of reserve games, with little to no first team experience “will surprise a few people”

It’s just hot air. Like he either will or he won’t.

If he does it won’t be any special insight or for sight by Bangkok

It keeps the nonsense ticking the pages over here nicely though and I’m a little annoyed with myself for replying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Adamocovic wrote: »
    The most talked about traits for Dalot from every scout and scouting site. has been his speed, strength and crossing abilities.
    Love people ripping into Bangkok for mentioning these traits might surprise a few, and questioning how he would know this, or what his style is like.

If it's a case of 4 games not being enough to judge I'm sure people will limit discussing his traits after tomorrows game, wait until an acceptable sample size is formed.

or maybe bankok just looked at the same thing and went i can spout onlike i know what im on about here

adox wrote: »
    ah it’s just nonsense like. A player that’s fast and strong ina couple of reserve games, with little to no first team experience “will surprise a few people”

It’s just hot air. Like he either will or he won’t.

If he does it won’t be any special insight or for sight by Bangkok

It keeps the nonsense ticking the pages over here nicely though and I’m a little annoyed with myself for replying.

I've been on the opposite side of these arguments over the years, but if anyone else had of posted that I don't think it would have led to the same reaction.

As for Dalot, the only time I've seen him play is in the game against Liverpool in the CL last year. But his ability and potential has been discussed a lot.

I'm not sure what to expect from him like most, but even after we signed him someone posted a highlight video from youtube and comments were rolling in about finally having a fullback who can put in a cross. Nobody was jumping at those posters for this assessment from a short youtube video.

Anyway, I'll try move on as it wont get us anywhere. If reports are true that Shaw and Dalot will both start then I'm very excited about how things will go tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I doubt he will surprise many as he is pretty much an unknown quantity, very few would have seen him play more then a handful of times, predicting how he will step up to the first team would be merely guesswork

Its fun to paint a young player as the next Ronaldo.

Especially since when he fails to live up to the crazy hype, you have found a new stick to beat your "No good with youth" pinata with....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's more the "I think Dalot will surprise a few" that gets people questioning bangkok, I mean seriously who's he going to surprise. He is saying it as if people are questioning Dalots ability yet most,including himself, have seen very little of him. He then goes on to puff out his chest quoting traits that he probably seen on a YouTube video. It's those posts that grind people the wrong way.

You can defend him as much as you want, you seem to do a hell of a lot of it, but you need to see that, that sort of posting style is just going to wind up a hell of a lot more people than not

All i said was dalot was fast strong and can cross a ball.

I never claimed he will be the next dani alves

astradave wrote: »
    It's more the "I think Dalot will surprise a few" that gets people questioning bangkok, I mean seriously who's he going to surprise. He is saying it as if people are questioning Dalots ability yet most,including himself, have seen very little of him. He then goes on to puff out his chest quoting traits that he probably seen on a YouTube video. It's those posts that grind people the wrong way.

You can defend him as much as you want, you seem to do a hell of a lot of it, but you need to see that, that sort of posting style is just going to wind up a hell of a lot more people than not

Posting gifs up as replys also wind a lot of people up

• Advertisement

tenor.gif?itemid=10953826

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Saying someone will surprise people then saying all I said was someone is fast and strong when pulled up on the ridiculousness of claiming some inside knowledge on even the potential of a player in Dalots position also wind a lot of people up.

It's small potatoes though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

tenor.gif?itemid=10953826

giphy_4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He will be a good surprise. Fast, strong and a good crosser of the ball

Mmm, I wonder where I heard that before?

Nope, its not coming to me, thought I'd heard something before about a world class right back at United. Never mind I guess.

Saying someone will surprise people then saying all I said was someone is fast and strong when pulled up on the ridiculousness of claiming some inside knowledge on even the potential of a player in Dalots position also wind a lot of people up.

It's small potatoes though.

People were saying when we signed him that he prob wouldnt play much this season and would play next season when valencia is probably gone... i said he will surprise a lot of people and play a lot of games

Mmm, I wonder where I heard that before?

Nope, its not coming to me, thought I'd heard something before about a world class right back at United. Never mind I guess.

What was wrong with what i said? He did have a very good loan spell with palace. He is good with ball at his feet, he is fast and he can cross the ball

People were saying when we signed him that he prob wouldnt play much this season and would play next season when valencia is probably gone... i said he will surprise a lot of people and play a lot of games

I'm afraid I'm not going to go down that particular rabbit hole with you my old friend. Gonna have to get someone else to play the old shift the goalposts game today.

Hopefully Shaw gets game time if he's fit enough and cleared, vital to keep the good momentum he has going. Dalot will get a few minutes hopefully whether he starts or not doesn't really matter at this stage for him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Perisic subbed for inter. Poor enough. Think we dodged a bullet with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What was wrong with what i said? He did have a very good loan spell with palace. He is good with ball at his feet, he is fast and he can cross the ball

Yeah, he's a good man, and thorough.

• Advertisement

Spurs and Poch in a spot of bother .

Very naive of Poch not to get signings in the summer,Kane looks wrecked.

Poch for united!

Poch for united!

Strange decisions from him and similar to Saturday.
    Would he be able for the pressure and expectation of a big club?

Spurs and Poch in a spot of bother .

Poch wanted players. Levy signed none

Strange decisions from him and similar to Saturday.
    Would he be able for the pressure and expectation of a big club?

He hasn't shown anything to suggest he would.

Delighted with how that turned out :)

• Poch for united!

200w.gif

• Advertisement

A stronger personality would have demanded them.

A stronger personality would have demanded them.

Why didnt jose get them so?

Sure he signed grant

I thought Jose signed 3 players in the summer or am I mistaken?

I see Chong has travelled with the squad, no chance of him playing but good to give him the experience and get more time training with the main squad.

Should see him against Derby soon in cup.

• Advertisement

Also don't we know after that talk Dalot wont start the game! :P

It is a strange situation where players are left behind because the artificial pitch could lead to them picking up an injury.

Also don't we know after that talk Dalot wont start the game! :P

It is a strange situation where players are left behind because the artificial pitch could lead to them picking up an injury.

I think he will surprise a few with his facial expressions on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Bit of a boys club re whatever bangkok says in here at times. It's well documented what Dalots strengths are so why the big deal when he says it ?

Anyway looking forward to seeing him and Chong play right side of the team hopefully soon enough. I don't see much of Chong to have a balanced opinion but he looks a fantastic prospect from what I've seen of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Bit of a boys club re whatever bangkok says in here at times. So what if he says what Dalots strengths are so why the big deal ?

Anyway looking forward to seeing Dalot and Chong play right side of the team hopefully soon enough. From the bits I've seen of Chong he looks a fantastic prospect. He doesn't seem a small lad so physically looks the part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

yabadabado wrote:

And some wanted him as a manager this summer.. dodged a bullet

Poch for united!

No thanks serial loser
    Spurs spunkeled their load and minds beating united thinking they'd acheived something
    We're they trying fir the Liverpool top of the league in September trophy??
    yabadabado wrote:
    Strange decisions from him and similar to Saturday. Would he be able for the pressure and expectation of a big club?

Not a chance
    No bottle to challenge his CEO and get signings in
    Has never won a trophy of any kind
    Attractive football only gets you so far
    Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche are as deserving for what they've done on far smaller budgets with smaller apoeal
    bangkok wrote:

Oh so poch hadn't the balls to challenge his CEO.. so that'll please Ed..
    Clearly he has no suitability for the United job

I think he will surprise a few with his facial expressions on the bench

What's this based on?

What's this based on?

I follow him on instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Bit of a boys club re whatever bangkok says in here at times. It's well documented what Dalots strengths are so why the big deal when he says it ?

It's easy thanks from the usual suspects, especially if a goalpost reference is involved.

I follow him on instagram

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

I love gifs!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement