Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

Comments

• For me it's not a matter of either or.
    Martial is his own individual.

I don't need some poor performances form Sanchez to make a decision on another player.

Martials biggest problem is he creates problems for team balance.

When players are forced to cover for him the rest of team suffers.

Shanchez creates more chances in the team then any other player, he might give the ball away a lot cheaply, but he is contributing attacking wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Richard Keys calling out Souness criticising Pogba on Bein sports.

"No matter what he does, he's always on his case".

Andy Gray on Souness preferring to play against Pogba than Milner: "No,if you want someone to do something to win a game,you want Pogba".

• Bein sports calling out Souness on bias

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Shanchez creates more chances in the team then any other player, he might give the ball away a lot cheaply but he is creating but he is contributing attacking wise

In the system United have his play is important especially with Shaw and Lingard in the side. He is much better at playing a creative pass to a runner when coming inside from the left than Martial.

Wolves are an interesting side for United to play against with their set up.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    In the system United have his play is important especially with Shaw and Lingard in the side. He is much better at playing a creative pass to a runner when coming inside from the left than Martial.

Wolves are an interesting side for United to play against with their set up.

Ya Im a little worried given how well Wolves have played in all their games, they are super on the ball but do seem to lack finishers. I'm interested to see if Fellaini will be used to by pass the press if they come out pressing hard off the bat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bein sports calling out Souness on bias

Zerked it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Shanchez creates more chances in the team then any other player, he might give the ball away a lot cheaply, but he is contributing attacking wise

I have a feeling Sanchez is entering a Torres/Shevchenko type decline and won't be that super player he was a few years ago, but it is actually true that even in bad games he is creating chances for people. I don't know his stats, but game after game it is commented upon that if this chance or that chance had been taken Sanchez would be walking away with 2/3 assists despite playing poorly. That counts for something, especially when the other option is the magician Martial. (His magic trick is a disappearing act...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Wonderful to see sir Alex back in the stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hopefully ref cracks down on the reset fouls from Wolves.

Should have had a free for that Valencia one as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Shaw will need to be very careful against Helder Costa

I am so bored of the deep defending and the counter attack game every team plays against us these days. Hopefully we get a goal early to make the game open up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sign the ref is ****ing awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I am so bored of the deep defending and the counter attack game every team plays against us these days. Hopefully we get a goal early to make the game open up

I miss the days that doing that was a recipe for disaster! We just have an enormous lack of creativity from midfield and forwards so it's a legitimate tactic to use against us. Agree though, makes for horrible viewing a lot of the time.

JaMarcus wrote: »
    I miss the days that doing that was a recipe for disaster! We just have an enormous lack of creativity from midfield and forwards so it's a legitimate tactic to use against us. Agree though, makes for horrible viewing a lot of the time.

I'm not criticising the teams for doing it. It's our kryptonite so they're dead right. Bit it's like grounding day at times.

De Gea saves us again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

De Gea keeping the score at nil once again!

3 fouls on Pogba now as he breaks forward. Come on ref

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

De Gea to the rescue again!! We could easily be 2 nil down at this point

Smalling lying on the ground again as a corner comes in. I say it every week, he isn't good enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Another De Gea rescue job on the cards.

No keeper at a supposedly elite side has to work as hard as him.

Edit: The assist was just as good as the finish.

What a goal from Fred

YES GET IN

That Pogba Fred link up.

Ah bless, they have a little celebration together aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

That assist from Pogba was absolutely beautiful.

That's great goal nice assist by Pogba brilliant finish by Fred!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

go wan Fred

get in

• You can thank me later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lovely goal that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Watching here from Croatia.

Some hit for the goal by Fred. Fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That was a nice goal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lovely assist from pogba :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fred the Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Get Pogba a new contract...

Pogba looking comfortable today. His last few performances have been good hoping he can keep this going now and won't disappear again against bigger teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pogba oozes class. Delighted fred scored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

4BAED8E200000578-5671513-The_former_Liverpool_midfielder_labelled_Xhaka_s_role_in_Pogba_s-a-3_1525031451392.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    But one thing I don't get is the amount of value placed by some on Sanchez' "work rate". A lot of his running doesn't actually result in anything and doesn't always appear to be part of a designed team press. Gives a lot of credence imo to the rumours that the Arsenal players disliked him because he was fond of throwing in a few aimless sprints and waving his hands in the air when they were up against it just so it would look to the fans like he was trying.

It's just a cop out really. People who can't objectively judge a player will just stick to their personal biases. Claiming Sanchez works hard and describing Martial as lazy and someone who doesn't give a f*ck in comparison is just a really transparent way of saying "I like Sanchez and I don't like Martial".

It's just a cop out really. People who can't objectively judge a player will just stick to their personal biases. Claiming Sanchez works hard and describing Martial as lazy and someone who doesn't give a f*ck in comparison is just a really transparent way of saying "I like Sanchez and I don't like Martial".

Last season

Tackles per games Sanchez 1.8 Martial 0.5

Interceptions per game Sanchez 1.4 Martial 0.1

I don't think the current Sanchez is good enough to be In the team but I think he's getting his place based on his rep and his drive and effort on the pitch.

Other thrn that he's been a huge let down for United.

I think Sanchez works harder than Martial and find Martial to be lazy but I still think Sanchez has been ****e. This is a silly statement to make, "I am very smart" territory.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

JaMarcus wrote: »

Not really fair. Lots of creative players at United but the low block is very effective and makes it very difficult to get momentum in attack. It is also a great way to stay in shape so you can quickly counter in the transition where the opponent has pushed up field.

It makes crosses and passes hard to cleanly intercept more important and the second ball vital. Fred goal is a great example where Sanchez and Shaw work the team up the field and try a cross, poorly cleared allows a second ball to be won with defenders watching rather than dealing with runs.

• Good first half so far from me

Good first half so far from me

It's been solid enough like to see Lukaku get into it more though.

Good first half so far from me

It's been OK. We haven't made many if any clear chances. Would like to see us change that.

Ref dying to give the card there to Shaw.

Sanchez needs to do a bit more to help Shaw. Lingard is doing a good job on the other side.

No card for Jimenez. Sound

Sanchez.....

• Dreadful free kick from Sanchez
    That would annoy anyone

**** me that was some FK Fred

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement